Fed says Obamacare is costing jobs

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Gee, if only someone had pointed this out years ago.

The Affordable Care Act is cited five times in the Federal Reserve's latest Beige Book. One of those citations notes that the law will likely drive up demand for health care services. The other four describe the health care reform as hurting employment and sales.

The notion that Obamacare, as the law is popularly known, would be a jobs killer was widely denied by its supporters. A report from the Annenberg Public Policy Center accused Republican critics of misrepresenting facts when the bill would hurt employment. It citied "non-partisan experts" who said the law would have little or no effect on employment.

When the Congressional Budget Office examined the law's impact on jobs, it saw only mildly negative employment effects arising from early retirement and allowing the poor to work fewer hours to meet their needs. The CBO didn't think that employers would slow down hiring because of the law.

But that's exactly what appears to be happening.

Beige Book Says Obamacare Is Costing Jobs and Sales

BS- The problem is the ongoing Pub BS disfunction/debt ceiling crisis, which ONLY stalls the recovery, the ONLY thing that will end these problems. O-care hasn't STARTED yet.

Any indirect problem is caused by nonstop BS Pub fear mongering and the dupes who believe it.

Last edited:
Mebbe he should get Rand Paul to help him do a filibuster...
:cool:
Cruz Will Use 'Any Procedural Means Necessary’ to Force Vote on Defunding Obamacare
March 11, 2013 - When the U.S. Senate this week takes up the continuing resolution to fund the federal government for the remainder of fiscal year 2013, Sen. Ted Cruz (R.-Texas) will offer an amendment that will prohibit funding for the implementation of Obamacare during that period.
“I believe we will have a vote on this amendment and I have said I am willing to employ any procedural means necessary to ensure that we do get a vote on the amendment,” Cruz told reporters today. Cruz, who favors total repeal of Obamacare and has introduced legislation to do that, said in a conference call on Monday that at a minimum Obamacare should not be implemented until Gross Domestic Product has started growing at its average post-World War II level or better. “The historic levels of growth have been 3.3 percent and, in my view, at a minimum, we should see a return to those historic levels of growth before Congress is willing to contemplate putting through another massive burden on the economy that hurts productivity and kills jobs,” said Cruz.

The Republican-controlled House passed its version of the CR last week. But the Republican leaders of that chamber did not put language in their bill to defund Obamacare or any part of it. While the CR put forward by the House Republican leaders did prohibit the administration from spending any money on foreign-made ball bearings, it did not prohibit the administration from spending money to move forward with implementing any and all provisions of Obamacare. The House-passed CR, for example, did not include language to prohibit the administration from implementing the regulation it has issued under Obamacare that would require health-care plans to provide cost-free coverage for sterilizations, contraception and abortion-inducing drugs--a regulation the Catholic bishops of the United States have declared a violation of religious liberty.

CNSNews.com asked Cruz if there was some way under Senate rules that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid could prevent a vote on his defunding amendment. “I certainly don’t want to speculate on steps that Sen. Reid could take to try to prevent a vote,” said Cruz. “In my view this deserves an up and down vote and I believe we will get an up and down vote on it.” Last week, Cruz supported Sen. Rand Paul (R.-Ky.) when Paul filibustered the nomination of CIA director John Brennan in order to force the administration to clearly state that it did not believe the president had the authority to use drones to kill American citizens on American soil if they were not posing an imminent threat of violence.

Source

Driving the demand for services will drive the supply of personnel.

Win Win, QWB.

BS- The problem is the ongoing Pub BS disfunction/debt ceiling crisis, which ONLY stalls the recovery, the ONLY thing that will end these problems. O-care hasn't STARTED yet.

Any indirect problem is caused by nonstop BS Pub fear mongering and the dupes who believe it.

So the Fed is wrong,but you project the Fed's wrongness onto the group you hate,ya that works for most nut cases.

The thing about any economic market, especially job markets, is that fear and encouragement are large motivators in market outcome. If investors fear that a public company will fail, then the investors will pull their money out of the company, thus causing it to fail. Likewise, if a company is projected to do well financially (even if not for any real reason), investors will put more money in the company and make it do better. The same can be said for the job market. If employers believe that a market will become slower, they will slow job growth to protect themselves, in turn slowing the market overall. The point I'm trying to make is that fear is a huge factor in the job market and the "dupes who believe it" are the ones that are going to ultimately control the market.

Gee, if only someone had pointed this out years ago.

The Affordable Care Act is cited five times in the Federal Reserve's latest Beige Book. One of those citations notes that the law will likely drive up demand for health care services. The other four describe the health care reform as hurting employment and sales.

The notion that Obamacare, as the law is popularly known, would be a jobs killer was widely denied by its supporters. A report from the Annenberg Public Policy Center accused Republican critics of misrepresenting facts when the bill would hurt employment. It citied "non-partisan experts" who said the law would have little or no effect on employment.

When the Congressional Budget Office examined the law's impact on jobs, it saw only mildly negative employment effects arising from early retirement and allowing the poor to work fewer hours to meet their needs. The CBO didn't think that employers would slow down hiring because of the law.

But that's exactly what appears to be happening.

Beige Book Says Obamacare Is Costing Jobs and Sales

This is part of the goal of ACA. The Obama admin is on a mission to create as much dependency on government as possible. The theory is those sucking on the government tit will vote for candidates which keep the tit full of goodies.
Obama's reelection was all about free shit.

The only problem is you having access to the internet.
You are too stupid to realize how stupid you are.
Too late..I put you back on ignore.

Sure it will.

Only if the Obama Administration institutes a medical services personnel draft. Otherwise, the price controls are actually going to decrease supply.

Just wanted to see that again.

Sean Hannity isn't the funniest person in America tonight.

You are an economic illiterate. Increases in demand only cause a move up the supply curve when prices increase. If prices controls and cuts are put in place, a la ObamaCare, there is no incentive for new suppliers to enter the market.

Nor will the ObamaCare taxes create an environment which shifts out the Supply Curve.

demand_supply_curve.gif

Last edited:
boedicca is smitten with the illness of mental misrecognition. It affects many loony reactionaries.

Here is an excellent discussion of her affliction, that causes her to rival Sean and Rush and Glenn for loony princess of the reactionary right.

http://ptw.uchicago.edu/Schiff09.pdf

I concluded the last chapter by pointing out that bad faith, while in some sense
essential to human existence, takes a great deal of work to maintain. Thus, like
thoughtlessness, it must constantly threaten us with exhaustion. How, then, to account for
its persistence? In this chapter I turn to a final disposition—misrecognition—to account
more fully for the stubborn persistence of bad faith. However, the peculiar character of
misrecognition seems simultaneously to open up new possibilities for overcoming
barriers to responsiveness and acknowledging connections between our everyday lives
and broader conditions and events in the world. Accordingly, the central questions for
this chapter are: How does the phenomenon of misrecognition further complicate the
cultivation of responsiveness? How might it nonetheless make the problem of
responsiveness more tractable? How and to what extent might we overcome
misrecognition in order to cultivate responsiveness?

Only if the Obama Administration institutes a medical services personnel draft. Otherwise, the price controls are actually going to decrease supply.

You are an economic illiterate. Increases in demand only cause a move up the supply curve when prices increase. If prices controls and cuts are put in place, a la ObamaCare, there is no incentive for new suppliers to enter the market.

Nor will the ObamaCare taxes create an environment which shifts out the Supply Curve.

demand_supply_curve.gif

If picture book economics worked Alan Greenspan would be a living God.

Demand is the key, no question about it. But not all demand is equal.

Take a minute to gather your wits then try again to convince us demand for health care is likely to decrease as tens of millions of baby boomers enter geezerhood in the next twenty years.

IN sum, you lecturing me on economics is about the same thing as Bill Clinton lecturing the Pope on integrity. Top people know what they don't know. You can get there, and you can count on my help.

"price controls" "cuts"

What the fucking what? Have you even studied the ACA plan?

demand_supply_curve.gif

If picture book economics worked Alan Greenspan would be a living God.

Demand is the key, no question about it. But not all demand is equal.

Take a minute to gather your wits then try again to convince us demand for health care is likely to decrease as tens of millions of baby boomers enter geezerhood in the next twenty years.

IN sum, you lecturing me on economics is about the same thing as Bill Clinton lecturing the Pope on integrity. Top people know what they don't know. You can get there, and you can count on my help.

You are an economically illiterate moron. It's a complete and utter waste of time to attempt to discuss economic principles with you.

So, toodles!

Forum List

Back