Federal Employee Union Sues Government Over Shutdown, Alleging Wage Violations

The right to get paid for your labor
They aren't being denied that right. In fact, they're getting a paid vacation.

What about the 400,000 who are being forced to work without pay?
They're gonna get paid eventually, so in reality they're getting a paid vacation. Tell Chuck and Nancy to get back to Washington and work out a deal. Trump is in the White House while they're off laying around drinking martinis.

So you call going to work a "vacation'...you must have a pretty cushy job.
They're on a paid vacation. They're not working and they will receive back pay when this is all over. As for my cushy job, yes I do quite well on my Social Security that I paid for and my part-time job that I work at. I'm very comfortable, not that it's any of your damn business and isn't part of this discussion, you little snotty punk.

Are you really this stupid or do you just pretend on the internet. The lawsuit is about those that are still going work and not being properly compensated for their work as was agreed upon in their employment contract.

FDR Said that decades ago!

It seems they need someone to stand up for their rights
It is clear, Congress won’t do it
What right are you referring to?

who exactly are these 400,000 civil servants? Who is forcing them to work without pay? Are they non-essential? Everyone except non essential employees is being paid, non -essentials have been temporarily furloughed and will be paid for the time off once the dems come back to DC and make a deal.

They're gonna get paid eventually, so in reality they're getting a paid vacation. Tell Chuck and Nancy to get back to Washington and work out a deal. Trump is in the White House while they're off laying around drinking martinis.

They're on a paid vacation. They're not working and they will receive back pay when this is all over. As for my cushy job, yes I do quite well on my Social Security that I paid for and my part-time job that I work at. I'm very comfortable, not that it's any of your damn business and isn't part of this discussion, you little snotty punk.

Are you really this stupid or do you just pretend on the internet. The lawsuit is about those that are still going work and not being properly compensated for their work as was agreed upon in their employment contract.

who? what jobs? where?

Which is why we should get rid of unions in the government.

These lefty loons want everyone to think that the nonessential government workers are gonna lose everything and a disaster is looming. In reality, they're on a paid vacation.

It seems they need someone to stand up for their rights
It is clear, Congress won’t do it

who exactly are these 400,000 civil servants? Who is forcing them to work without pay? Are they non-essential? Everyone except non essential employees is being paid, non -essentials have been temporarily furloughed and will be paid for the time off once the dems come back to DC and make a deal.

This is not correct, all of the "essential" people at the agencies with no funding are not being paid, even though they are working.

This is not correct, all of the "essential" people at the agencies with no funding are not being paid, even though they are working.
Bullshit. Show us your source.

Because they are arguing that people should get paid for their work....how dare them.

I am anti-union as they come, but that is just stupid.

I don't think that's correct, got a cite?

Read the OP dumbfuck.

Why don’t they go to the Republicans and tell them to stop using their workers as hostages

Do what we demand or the Federal Workers get it!
Why don't democrats pay for the wall? Tell democrats to stop using workers as hostages.

It wasn’t the Democrats who offered a wall and said.....don’t worry, Mexico will pay for it

Looks like Republicans are demanding Federal Workers pay for it
That's just plain idiocy. Taxpayers are more than willing to pay for the wall. You know that. Chuck and Nancy can end this today.

They were given their chance with the gofundme page...it seems to be dying a slow death. At the current rate they will have their 5 billion by the year 2030
That is outside of the government. We're talking about government funding here. Trump is in the White House and ready to work out a deal. Chuck and Nancy are off on vacation. Nice.
Congress has not yet convened..Duh...

Last time I heard.................they can quit and find another job and find out what it's like on the outside...........

They will be replaced................decide..........

This is over a fraction.......very small fraction of the budget for shit the CBP has been asking for .........for a decade in many cases.............the Fence they glorified in 2006 is degraded and is in budget............

But hey............the Dems support the CBP............You ready to buy that Ocean Front Property from me in Arizona........Honest it's real..........LOL

1. Will excepted employees be paid for performing work during a shutdown furlough? If so, when will excepted employees receive such payments?

A. Agencies will incur obligations to pay for services performed by excepted employees during a lapse in appropriations, and those employees will be paid after Congress passes and the President signs a new appropriation or continuing resolution.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-ove...-guidance/guidance-for-shutdown-furloughs.pdf

Why don't democrats pay for the wall? Tell democrats to stop using workers as hostages.

It wasn’t the Democrats who offered a wall and said.....don’t worry, Mexico will pay for it

Looks like Republicans are demanding Federal Workers pay for it
That's just plain idiocy. Taxpayers are more than willing to pay for the wall. You know that. Chuck and Nancy can end this today.

They were given their chance with the gofundme page...it seems to be dying a slow death. At the current rate they will have their 5 billion by the year 2030
That is outside of the government. We're talking about government funding here. Trump is in the White House and ready to work out a deal. Chuck and Nancy are off on vacation. Nice.
Congress has not yet convened..Duh...
They don't pass anything worth a shit anymore anyway...........tell them to stay home................

Because they are arguing that people should get paid for their work....how dare them.

So who's not getting paid? They will all get paid; perhaps not timely, but will get paid.

1. Will excepted employees be paid for performing work during a shutdown furlough? If so, when will excepted employees receive such payments?

A. Agencies will incur obligations to pay for services performed by excepted employees during a lapse in appropriations, and those employees will be paid after Congress passes and the President signs a new appropriation or continuing resolution.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-ove...-guidance/guidance-for-shutdown-furloughs.pdf

Yes we are paid after the funding is passed.

However the people that don’t work usually get paid too and basically get a free vacation without taking leave.

So who's not getting paid? They will all get paid; perhaps not timely, but will get paid.

Once again...The lawsuit is about those that are still going work and not being properly compensated for their work as was agreed upon in their employment contract.

Forum List

Back