Feed the Jews commercials

Whats with these commercials every winter? And why do they flood the TV's in America?
Don't we have our own homeless and hungry problems?
Asking Americans to feed the poor of a nation that is one of the biggest recipients of American tax dollars is too much for me.
Stop wasting the money you already get FROM ME against my will.

Whoa!

I was waiting for someone to raise this point. (I was too cowardly to do so.)

I support Israel 100%. Compared with its neighbors, it is an oasis of democracy.

But I simply do not understand why those TV commercials ask us to support some elderly people in Israel who are allegedly hungry.

Israel is a rich country. The people are intelligent & industrious. They also have a religion that believes in helping the needy. So I have NO doubt that there are plenty of people in Israel who would be delighted to help any hungry elderly people.

Nothing to do with Israel,
ask your local church where the money goes.

They try buy off whole families for the opportunity to flaunt them as Jews who converted to Christianity...those elderly Jews usually don't know or understand what people are saying in English...and the Ukraininans are happy to "help" with a "successful translation".
From what I have been told by members of my community, the Christians who are involved don't proselytize.

And just who are the Christians involved?

Whats with these commercials every winter? And why do they flood the TV's in America?
Asking Americans to feed the poor of a nation that is one of the biggest recipients of American tax dollars is too much for me.

Whoa!

I support Israel 100%. Compared with its neighbors, it is an oasis of democracy.

But I simply do not understand why those TV commercials ask us to support some elderly people in Israel who are allegedly hungry.

Israel is a rich country. The people are intelligent & industrious. They also have a religion that believes in helping the needy. So I have NO doubt that there are plenty of people in Israel who would be delighted to help any hungry elderly people.
These people are in Russia.
but that makes it worse....why ask people (specifically geared toward christians) to donate to a trash charity saying the money is for jews from the ww2 era in Russia who have nobody and are starving. Don't the jews have families? How many starving jews in their 80's on up can Russia possibly have if they have lived this long there?

Whoa!

These people are in Russia.
but that makes it worse....why ask people (specifically geared toward christians) to donate to a trash charity saying the money is for jews from the ww2 era in Russia who have nobody and are starving. Don't the jews have families? How many starving jews in their 80's on up can Russia possibly have if they have lived this long there?
I honestly don't know.
There are old Jews living in slums in NYC that not one Jewish billionaire will relocate to a nicer area.
Isaiah and Jeremiah...It's the same greed that caused the destruction of the 2nd Temple.
Jews are too busy building hotels in the suburbs.

A missionary organization cynically exploits the needy in Israel,
to collect donations that are used to buy off their "conversion" for Church PR.

But it's Jews to blame,
of course how else...

and in some other topic grampa shit for brains will explan how conservatives live jews and its the liberal who hate jews
It isn't about hate, it's about taking advantage of AMERICAN GENEROSITY

We have plenty of poor here.

Thanks for the info.

Well, then, Israel should send food to Russia or send the money to those elderly people in Russia to buy the food.

My point: There is something unseemly about asking Americans to contribute money.
Christian Zionists in America are suckers.

Whoa!

They try buy off whole families for the opportunity to flaunt them as Jews who converted to Christianity...those elderly Jews usually don't know or understand what people are saying in English...and the Ukraininans are happy to "help" with a "successful translation".
From what I have been told by members of my community, the Christians who are involved don't proselytize.

From what I have seen on the ground...
just until about 6-5 years ago these folks were usually seen in most major anti-govt demonstrations passing missionary literature to the young, and went way overboard with billboards around the country, when in Netanyah people already cover Gal Gado't billboards.

df095fee6f793c7045df4179377e7087-e1558357240213.jpg

That is usually until they meet the right kind of folks who follow them out the town.
Or as it was when they sent (I think it was) Arieh Der'i a copy of NT to the mail box,
and guess what, he burnt it and it went surprisingly viral,
but only here, and no one dared raise a complaint,
because they clearly went overboard.

Today missionaries even try to dress full Orthodox-Hassidic while pushing this stuff.

Last edited:

A missionary organization cynically exploits the needy in Israel,
to collect donations that are used to buy off their "conversion" for Church PR.

But it's Jews to blame,
of course how else...

and in some other topic grampa shit for brains will explan how conservatives live jews and its the liberal who hate jews

Where did this come from?

Unlike the convenient suggestion of political dualism,
I prefer not to be confined in black and white categories.

Whoa!

I guess you are wrong:
IFCJ’s Mission
The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews is the leading non-profit building bridges between Christians and Jews, blessing Israel and the Jewish people around the world with humanitarian care and life-saving aid.

anyway the rich jews can give money, as it is, we give the most aid to Israel. Its about time they become independent.

No I'm not wrong.
They're a 'franchise' of the NY based Joint.
And they usually treat the weakest in the community,
as described in the OP, about 200,000 elderly in the former Soviet Union.

The IFCJ has a Jewish founder, with a mission statement,
and Christian directors with their own directions.

Forum List

Back