Filthy Rich Gulf Arab states doing nothing for Syrian Refugees

All of you Liberals think it is our duty to bring Syrian Refugees at risk and ridiculous taxpayer expense to the U.S. but you say nothing about the Gulf Arab states that have had a Syrian "Muslim Ban" in place since Syria began imploding years ago. They have enormous economic and military resources, they are geographically next door to Syria yet somehow this is America's problem to solve. The Gulf States are the logical solution not bringing refugees halfway around the world.

Well I think that the Gulf States should do more......but Syria's neighbors have been far, far more.

Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon- all have taken thousands and thousands of Syrian refugees.

The United States I believe has offered to take in 10,000 Syrian refugees.......out of 4,000,000 refugees
Turkey has taken 2,000,000
Jordan 1.4, Lebanon 1.1

We currently have taken about 2,000

We don't need to accept any refugees ever- but we accept other refugees every year.
Turkey was herding refugees away from the border with water cannon just a few weeks ago. Feel the brotherly love.

Turkey has taken in 2,000,000 Syrian refugees.

They have been- and are doing more- for Syrian refugees than anyone else.
But they still water cannoned refugees running from fighting and prevented them from crossing the border. Maybe they were the 'wrong kind' of Muslim? I'll try to find a link.

Go for it- they have accepted 2,000,000 Syrian refugees- we have accepted 2,000.

If it was up to you of course the United States would be water cannoning Syrian refugees.

All of you Liberals think it is our duty to bring Syrian Refugees at risk and ridiculous taxpayer expense to the U.S. but you say nothing about the Gulf Arab states that have had a Syrian "Muslim Ban" in place since Syria began imploding years ago. They have enormous economic and military resources, they are geographically next door to Syria yet somehow this is America's problem to solve. The Gulf States are the logical solution not bringing refugees halfway around the world.

Well I think that the Gulf States should do more......but Syria's neighbors have been far, far more.

Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon- all have taken thousands and thousands of Syrian refugees.

The United States I believe has offered to take in 10,000 Syrian refugees.......out of 4,000,000 refugees
Jordan 1.4, Lebanon 1.1

We don't need to accept any refugees ever- but we accept other refugees every year.
Turkey was herding refugees away from the border with water cannon just a few weeks ago. Feel the brotherly love.

But they still water cannoned refugees running from fighting and prevented them from crossing the border. Maybe they were the 'wrong kind' of Muslim? I'll try to find a link.

Go for it- they have accepted 2,000,000 Syrian refugees- we have accepted 2,000.

If it was up to you of course the United States would be water cannoning Syrian refugees.
No, I wouldn't let them near enough to water cannon them, that would be just plain cruel.

Jordan 1.4, Lebanon 1.1

Nearby Muslim countries should be accepting them.

Jordan 1.4, Lebanon 1.1

And as I pointed out- they are.

I think that the Gulf States should do more- but 'nearby Muslim' countries are doing more than their share.

I think that the Gulf States should do more- but 'nearby Muslim' countries are doing more than their share.
Just as they should. And yes, the gulf states should be taking up all the slack. Wonder why they won't, eh?

That is not correct. Only Saudi Arabia is taking significant numbers of Syrians like over 100,000 but as Migrant Workers ONLY. The rest of them aren't doing jack.

Just as they should. And yes, the gulf states should be taking up all the slack. Wonder why they won't, eh?

Probably because they are all essentially dictatorships who don't give a damn what people think.

Or maybe they are just hoping everyone else will- like we are doing.

The only Arab state taking in significant numbers of Syrian refugees is Saudi Arabia and they are only taking them as MIGRANT WORKERS, hardly a humanitarian outreach.

Where do you get your information from? Source?

Migrant crisis: Why the Gulf states are not letting Syrians in - BBC News

Instability fears
While the Gulf states have allowed some Syrian nationals in (Saudi Arabia says it has let in 500,000 since 2011), primarily as migrant workers, there has been no explicit policy from any of these countries to house refugees arriving en masse without sponsors or work permits.

To explain this requires delving deeper into Gulf states' fears regarding political stability within their own borders, and into larger questions of civic identity and the notion of what being a citizen of a Gulf state means.

Probably because they are all essentially dictatorships who don't give a damn what people think.

Or maybe they are just hoping everyone else will- like we are doing.
But what about the brotherhood of islam?
Oh yeah, they expect there to be shed load of jihadis among the refugees. We are expected to put up with that risk, whilst they will not. Just more hypocrisy and using the useful idiots cos they let them.

Other countries have all KINDS of demands that they make on immigrants. There are all kinds of standards to meet. We are just expected to let a bunch of unskilled workers into our country, for which we have NO jobs.

Other countries have all KINDS of demands that they make on immigrants. There are all kinds of standards to meet. We are just expected to let a bunch of unskilled workers into our country, for which we have NO jobs.

Not only have no jobs, but immediately provide food stamps, shelter and clothing to them.

they need to do more. but there is a sunni/shi'a problem

I believe that the USA is responsible MORALLY to rescue persons at GREAT RISK
for persecution who have a death of alternatives. In the middle east arab muslim
states the people at GREAT RISK-----are Christians and---a small minority YAZIDIS-------Kurds are also at risk but that is a whole different issue-----they have
a LAND the problem is GETTING it for them

COT_KUNWUAA-ZC2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Big balls! Why don't you invite Muslim strangers to your house without being friends with them first and sleep good at night. Get those Muslims who get off the ISIS plane to make it fair

COSWGelW8AAzHsU.jpg:large

original.jpg

Left-Hatred-4.png

liberal-idiot-dean-obeidallah-claims-no-such-thing-radical-i-politics-1437447849.jpg

liberals-allahs-stupid-little-helpers-international-solidari-politics-1415501187.jpg

they need to do more. but there is a sunni/shi'a problem
Isn't there always? They'll have to deal with it and grow up. Not our problem.

Forum List

Back