🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Finally....the end of "gay" marriage....

They can get that through civil unions, but choose to go after the term "marriage".

Good luck with that far left thinking of yours.

No, "they" can't. Civil unions do not provide the exact same rights, benefits and protections that legal civil marriage provides.

Now, if you want to make ALL legal civil marriages into Civil Unions so those icky gays can't use the word "marriage" (although we've been marrying in churches for decades), go right ahead. That wouldn't put you afoul of the Constitution like your separate but equal idea does.

It goes far beyond the constitution of the USA...it goes to the constitution of humanity.

I nominate this for dumbest post of the month.

They can get that through civil unions, but choose to go after the term "marriage".

No, "they" can't. Civil unions do not provide the exact same rights, benefits and protections that legal civil marriage provides.

Now, if you want to make ALL legal civil marriages into Civil Unions so those icky gays can't use the word "marriage" (although we've been marrying in churches for decades), go right ahead. That wouldn't put you afoul of the Constitution like your separate but equal idea does.

Yes it does (for the except of social security) and linking to alternet a know far left blog site does not help your case.

I'm sorry that facts come from liberal sources and not conservative ones, but that failing would be on the conservative side and not the liberal side.

What Are the Differences Between Marriage and Civil Unions?

There are significant differences between the benefits and responsibilities of marriage and civil unions. People who are married usually enjoy more benefits than those in civil unions, including:

• Legal recognition of the relationship in other states
  • The ability to divorce in any state, regardless of where married
  • Tax benefits available to married couples only
  • Immigration benefits when petitioning for a non-citizen spouse
  • Federal benefits, such as medical and life insurance

Legal Match: Marriage Compared to Civil Unions

Even if you made it exactly the same, with no difference in regard to US or international law, you would be afoul of the Constitution.

The same water came out of both fountains...

segregation-drinking-fountain.JPG

The Right could always try to outlaw divorce.

Lol...like that would stop anyone.It all goes to back to how people are raised and the current generation weren't raised on traditional values nor do they obviously give a shit about kids they bring into the world. Its all about me me me.

man oh man these kids TODAY

Hey you kids get off my lawn!

I tell you the world is going to helL in a handbasket.

look at all those kids EVERYONE of them needs a haircut.

hey you kids get away from my car

maybe that hate you are all worried about infested your brain dude

Hell its already gone to hell in a handbasket. Hell yes kids need a hair cut. Its absolutely stupid to not be able to tell if a kid is a boy or girl because it has long hair...my kids will never be allowed to look like something they aren't. My son is getting a hair cut this weekend...damn hair grows like a weed.

Goo d point. Gays could have achieved what they wanted through civil union legislation. BUt they outright rejected it. So the issue is not protection. The issue is as I said, tearing down the norms, mores and values of society.

In what state have gays and lesbians "rejected" Civil Unions?

This is viewed (civil unions) in the "gay" world as being a second class citizen.

That is why they want the term marriage.

The answer is none. Gays have not "rejected" Civil Unions in a single state. Now, there are plenty of states that have gone out of their way to outlaw not just same sex civil marriage, but civil unions as well. Tell me a story again about how it's all "the gheys".

Yes it does (for the except of social security) and linking to alternet a know far left blog site does not help your case.

I'm sorry that facts come from liberal sources and not conservative ones, but that failing would be on the conservative side and not the liberal side.

There are significant differences between the benefits and responsibilities of marriage and civil unions. People who are married usually enjoy more benefits than those in civil unions, including:

Even if you made it exactly the same, with no difference in regard to US or international law, you would be afoul of the Constitution.

Not only did you just prove you are a racist with that post, but just showed that you have no clue other than propaganda.

Good luck with that!

In what state have gays and lesbians "rejected" Civil Unions?

This is viewed (civil unions) in the "gay" world as being a second class citizen.

That is why they want the term marriage.

The answer is none. Gays have not "rejected" Civil Unions in a single state. Now, there are plenty of states that have gone out of their way to outlaw not just same sex civil marriage, but civil unions as well. Tell me a story again about how it's all "the gheys".

Oh my the propaganda machine is working over time for the far left Obama drones.

The goal is for gay marriage to have the exact same legal protections that every other marriage has. No more, no less.

Goo d point. Gays could have achieved what they wanted through civil union legislation. BUt they outright rejected it. So the issue is not protection. The issue is as I said, tearing down the norms, mores and values of society.

right, this is all about FORCED SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE GAY LIFESTYLE AS NORMAL AND EQUAL TO HETEROSEXUAL HUMAN EXISTENCE.

Its not about equality, rights, families, tolerance, or legality--------this is all about finding a way for the government to mandate social acceptance of homosexuality as "normal"

But its not and never will be normal. homosexuality is an aberation of the human condition, its a sickness just as being bi-polar is a sickness.

How can anyone say that civil unions are equal to marriage, when even marriage is not the same as marriage when you're gay?

Edith-Windsor-Thea-Spyer.jpg

Not only did you just prove you are a racist with that post, but just showed that you have no clue other than propaganda.

Good luck with that!

Care to explain how my post is racist?

Do you have some sort of weird Tourette that will not allow you to discuss the topic and requires you to type "far left propaganda" instead the topic itself?

How can anyone say that civil unions are equal to marriage, when even marriage is not the same as marriage when you're gay?

QUOTE]

what is being said, that you libtards cannot seem to comprehend, is that civil unions for gays SHOULD BE THE SAME LEGALLY AS MAN/WOMAN MARRIAGES.

No one wants to limit the rights of any citizen. But a gay union is not, and will never be, a marriage.

Lol...like that would stop anyone.It all goes to back to how people are raised and the current generation weren't raised on traditional values nor do they obviously give a shit about kids they bring into the world. Its all about me me me.

Hell its already gone to hell in a handbasket. Hell yes kids need a hair cut. Its absolutely stupid to not be able to tell if a kid is a boy or girl because it has long hair...my kids will never be allowed to look like something they aren't. My son is getting a hair cut this weekend...damn hair grows like a weed.

Here is a tip.

You don't need to know what sex kids are to be good and decent to them.

Your on your way to being a crumugeon.

You are every fool who ever walked and was upset when the world didn't fit what they as a child IMAGINED the world of adulthood would be like.

REALITY is not here to make you feel all safe inside.

GROW UP!

Face the reality of the world

It has NOIT gone to hell in a handbasket it has flaws and always has.

the length of hair that is in fashion is NOT a major issue and never will be.

what is a major issue is people like you who refuse to face the real world and live in a made up dream world and refuse verifiable facts.

whats worse ???/
kids with hair that make you pretend you can not decern the sex of a human being when you don't need to know their sex to deal with them OR

the completely verifiable FACT that the republican party has cheated Americans out of their right to vote so they can steal power from the people?

guess which one is far more dangerous for mankind?

right, this is all about FORCED SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE GAY LIFESTYLE AS NORMAL AND EQUAL TO HETEROSEXUAL HUMAN EXISTENCE.

Its not about equality, rights, families, tolerance, or legality--------this is all about finding a way for the government to mandate social acceptance of homosexuality as "normal"

But its not and never will be normal. homosexuality is an aberation of the human condition, its a sickness just as being bi-polar is a sickness.

Nah, we know it's about Fishy not wanting those icky gays to use the word marriage...but when changing the name is proposed for everyone, he doesn't like that. He likes having his special little right all to his hetero self. Sorry...18 and counting now. :lol:

Nah, we know it's about Fishy not wanting those icky gays to use the word marriage...but when changing the name is proposed for everyone, he doesn't like that. He likes having his special little right all to his hetero self. Sorry...18 and counting now. :lol:

as usual, you have it backwards, wytchey.

you cliam that the issue is equality and tolerance, but its not. civil unions would give you equality, tolerance, fairness, and rights. But thats not what this is really about, is it?

If you would have the balls (oops, only your sperm donor has balls) to admit your true agenda, you might have some credibility. But as long as you continue the lie, your credibility is zero.

So bipolar people can only have civil unions too, Fishy? :lol:

We've more than double the states that recognize marriage equality...in a year. :lol:

The OP has it kinda right though...it is an end to "gay marriage". We will simply have marriage.

As stated by Judge Shelby in the Utah case:

"While it was assumed until recently that a person could only share an intimate emotional bond and develop a family with a person of the opposite sex, the realization that this assumption is false does not change the underlying right. It merely changes the result when the court applies that right to the facts before it. Applying that right to these Plaintiffs, the court finds that the Constitution protects their right to marry a person of the same sex to the same degree that the Constitution protects the right of heterosexual individuals to marry a person of the opposite sex."

So, there is no gay marriage or straight marriage or interracial marriage...there's just marriage.

Here is a tip.

You don't need to know what sex kids are to be good and decent to them.

Your on your way to being a crumugeon.

You are every fool who ever walked and was upset when the world didn't fit what they as a child IMAGINED the world of adulthood would be like.

REALITY is not here to make you feel all safe inside.

GROW UP!

Face the reality of the world

It has NOIT gone to hell in a handbasket it has flaws and always has.

the length of hair that is in fashion is NOT a major issue and never will be.

what is a major issue is people like you who refuse to face the real world and live in a made up dream world and refuse verifiable facts.

whats worse ???/
kids with hair that make you pretend you can not decern the sex of a human being when you don't need to know their sex to deal with them OR

the completely verifiable FACT that the republican party has cheated Americans out of their right to vote so they can steal power from the people?

guess which one is far more dangerous for mankind?

the verifiable fact is that Acorn (an arm of the dem party) engaged in voter fraud in several states.

Care to explain how my post is racist?

Do you have some sort of weird Tourette that will not allow you to discuss the topic and requires you to type "far left propaganda" instead the topic itself?

Well if you can see what you posted as being racist (the picture) then no one will be able to explain it to you.

All those "automatics" that are believed to exist when people get married are now just a myth (except for social security).

Just because you are married does not mean that you get everything if the legally binding will says otherwise (which can even block SS benefits).

You want the church to be forced to accept your life choices and that is what this all about nothing more.

Most Lawyers vote (D) as they know that is who will create more laws and make them rich.

So yes your far left laced propaganda posts show your political nature not to mention your racist post.

Good luck with your far left Obama drone posts.

as usual, you have it backwards, wytchey.

you cliam that the issue is equality and tolerance, but its not. civil unions would give you equality, tolerance, fairness, and rights. But thats not what this is really about, is it?

If you would have the balls (oops, only your sperm donor has balls) to admit your true agenda, you might have some credibility. But as long as you continue the lie, your credibility is zero.

Why are you opposed to simply changing all civil marriages to civil unions, Fishy? I'd get behind that. Seems like a perfect compromise don't you think?

We've more than double the states that recognize marriage equality...in a year. :lol:

The OP has it kinda right though...it is an end to "gay marriage". We will simply have marriage.

"While it was assumed until recently that a person could only share an intimate emotional bond and develop a family with a person of the opposite sex, the realization that this assumption is false does not change the underlying right. It merely changes the result when the court applies that right to the facts before it. Applying that right to these Plaintiffs, the court finds that the Constitution protects their right to marry a person of the same sex to the same degree that the Constitution protects the right of heterosexual individuals to marry a person of the opposite sex."

So, there is no gay marriage or straight marriage or interracial marriage...there's just marriage.

Once again with the racism in the post.

Typical far left Obama drone.

:lol: a bi-polar man can marry a bi-polar woman. nice deflection attempt---but FAIL

If any human coupling can be deemed a marriage, what argument can be made against bigamy and polygamy? or do you support those as "marriages" too?

Forum List

Back