"Fingerprint" of Greenland ice melt seen in satellite sea level data

Is this supposed to be you explaining your silly belief that photons converted into electricity heat the surface of the planet?

When solar energy is converted into electricity and used, it results in "waste heat".
The First Law says that energy "can be neither created nor destroyed".

So, best case for your claim is the heat that would have shown up at the surface, before the panel,
is moved to the point of use. That's a wash.

Worst case, if you understood albedo, you'd realize that more energy absorbed by the panel than the surface (0.05 albedo vs 0.40 albedo) results in less energy bounced back into space at the speed of light.

More retained energy means a warmer surface. Warmer atmosphere. Warmer planet.

I can't dumb it down any more for you.

Now if you have any evidence that moving some heat from a solar farm to a city results in a cooler planet, by all means, post it here. I could use another laugh at your expense.

Great. So tell me more about it.
You pumped energy into an opaque tube and it didn't cause an increase in temperature.

Is that accurate?
We passed narrow band, LWIR through that tube with differing concentrations of atmospheric gases and water vapor in them. We logged the results. It was an attempt to determine exactly what CO2 in our atmosphere was capable of. Long story short, without water vapor in the mix, CO2 passed all energy without a rise in temperatures. Several papers have been done after this was and confirmed our findings.

This paper was done on what is absorbed and what is reflected and how it can tell us what levels are seen in our atmosphere from CO2. You will note the roll water vapor plays in this paper.

When solar energy is converted into electricity and used, it results in "waste heat".
The First Law says that energy "can be neither created nor destroyed".

So, best case for your claim is the heat that would have shown up at the surface, before the panel,
is moved to the point of use. That's a wash.

Worst case, if you understood albedo, you'd realize that more energy absorbed by the panel than the surface (0.05 albedo vs 0.40 albedo) results in less energy bounced back into space at the speed of light.

More retained energy means a warmer surface. Warmer atmosphere. Warmer planet.

I can't dumb it down any more for you.

Now if you have any evidence that moving some heat from a solar farm to a city results in a cooler planet, by all means, post it here. I could use another laugh at your expense.
Still not seeing how waste heat warms the surface of the planet, dummy. And you aren’t accounting for work performed which uses energy but produces very little waste heat. So walk me through how an elevator heats the surface of the planet.

There wasn’t more heat retained there was less heat retained. The infrared radiation from six solar farms was less after installing PV cells.
And what happened to all the electrical energy generated by those panels? Was it taken to space on giant superconductors?

There wasn’t more heat retained there was less heat retained. The infrared radiation from six solar farms was less after installing PV cells.

There wasn’t more heat retained there was less heat retained.

0.05 albedo shows more was retained.

What waste heat there is radiating in air. It’s not warming the surface of the planet.

That depends on wavelength ... 600 nm waste heat is heating everything ... you should know that working in the fossil fuel industry ...

Are you claiming solar panels cool down when exposed to daylight? ... the panel is receiving 1,360 W/m^2 ... of this, 200 W/m^2 is converted to electric energy ... that leaves 1,160 W/m^2 heat that's wasted on the surface ... that's more than the 1,000 W/m^2 we receive on average ... I'm not saying you're wrong, only you don't seem to understand what you're saying at all ...

You're using Wien's Law for something that's not a blackbody radiator ... you should be ashamed of yourself ...

Last edited:
That depends on wavelength ... 600 nm waste heat is heating everything ... you should know that working in the fossil fuel industry ...

Are you claiming solar panels cool down when exposed to daylight? ... the panel is receiving 1,360 W/m^2 ... of this, 200 W/m^2 is converted to electric energy ... that leaves 1,160 W/m^2 heat that's wasted on the surface ... that's more than the 1,000 W/m^2 we receive on average ... I'm not saying you're wrong, only you don't seem to understand what you're saying at all ...

You're using Wien's Law for something that's not a blackbody radiator ... you should be ashamed of yourself ...

He imagines solar panels will cause a new ice age because they move some heat to the city.
He doesn't understand that their lower albedo actually warms the planet.
He probably thinks if he leaves his fridge open, he'll cause the glaciers to advance.
He's not very bright.

Walk me through how and how much an electric motor heats the surface of the planet. Don’t forget to account for the work the motor did.

And what happened to all the electrical energy generated by those panels? Was it taken to space on giant superconductors?
It was used to perform work. How does using an overhead crane heat the surface of the planet. Walk me through the process.

He imagines solar panels will cause a new ice age because they move some heat to the city.
He doesn't understand that their lower albedo actually warms the planet.
He probably thinks if he leaves his fridge open, he'll cause the glaciers to advance.
He's not very bright.
Actually I imagine it’s a bad idea to convert photons - which would have otherwise produced heat by striking the surface of the planet - into electricity in the middle of an f an ice age.

Forum List

Back