"Fingerprint" of Greenland ice melt seen in satellite sea level data

There wasn’t more heat retained there was less heat retained.

0.05 albedo shows more was retained.
You aren’t accounting for the photons which were converted into electricity, dummy.

Even though the panels may reflect less solar radiation, the photons being converted into electricity more than offset the increased solar radiation absorbed by the lower albedo PV cells. Which is why there was less infrared heat emitted at the solar farms after the panels were installed.

That depends on wavelength ... 600 nm waste heat is heating everything ... you should know that working in the fossil fuel industry ...

Are you claiming solar panels cool down when exposed to daylight? ... the panel is receiving 1,360 W/m^2 ... of this, 200 W/m^2 is converted to electric energy ... that leaves 1,160 W/m^2 heat that's wasted on the surface ... that's more than the 1,000 W/m^2 we receive on average ... I'm not saying you're wrong, only you don't seem to understand what you're saying at all ...

You're using Wien's Law for something that's not a blackbody radiator ... you should be ashamed of yourself ...

I hate solar power because I think it's a bad idea to reduce solar irradiance in the middle of an ice age.

You aren’t accounting for the photons which were converted into electricity, dummy.

Even though the panels may reflect less solar radiation, the photons being converted into electricity more than offset the increased solar radiation absorbed by the lower albedo PV cells. Which is why there was less infrared heat emitted at the solar farms after the panels were installed.

That magically cools something? Tell me more!!!

WIth links, of course.

the photons being converted into electricity more than offset the increased solar radiation absorbed by the lower albedo PV cells.

Why? Where does the waste heat go?

You absorbed 95% of the sunlight hitting the panel, instead of 60%.
Why is that extra 35% offset by the 19%, assuming 20% efficiency, moved to
the city (and mostly converted to waste heat)?

35%-19% = still warming the planet.
Add back the waste heat and you're REALLY warming the planet.

Which is why there was less infrared heat emitted at the solar farms after the panels were installed.

More heat was carried away by the air flowing around the raised panels than was carried away by the air flowing over the flat ground.

It turns into magical, non-heating IR.
Walk me through how electricity usage heats the surface of the planet. Because the vast majority of all electrical devices aren’t in contact with the surface of the planet. And the majority of usage is performing work which doesn’t produce heat. So whatever heat that is emitted is emitted in air and radiates in all directions. Not so for photons striking the earth, you dumb fuck. Photons strike the surface of the planet and excite the atoms it strikes and the movement of those atoms - the friction - is what produces the heat.

WIth links, of course.

the photons being converted into electricity more than offset the increased solar radiation absorbed by the lower albedo PV cells.

Why? Where does the waste heat go?

You absorbed 95% of the sunlight hitting the panel, instead of 60%.
Why is that extra 35% offset by the 19%, assuming 20% efficiency, moved to
the city (and mostly converted to waste heat)?

35%-19% = still warming the planet.
Add back the waste heat and you're REALLY warming the planet.

Which is why there was less infrared heat emitted at the solar farms after the panels were installed.

More heat was carried away by the air flowing around the raised panels than was carried away by the air flowing over the flat ground.
And yet infrared radiation was less at six solar farms after installing PV cells.

When are you going to explain how waste heat from electricity usage heats the surface of the planet. How does using an electric motor heat the surface of the planet. It doesn’t.

And yet infrared radiation was less at six solar farms after installing PV cells.

When are you going to explain how waste heat from electricity usage heats the surface of the planet. How does using an electric motor heat the surface of the planet. It doesn’t.

And yet infrared radiation was less inside my fridge than outside.
During an Ice Age!!!
I like to live dangerously.

And yet, 95 is still larger than 60. 76 is also larger than 60.

You know that entropy cools things, right? And that by removing the energy to keep it warm, it will cool, right? IF you place a solar panel in the way of the photons the surface below will cool, right? The heat generated from the panels above an object must be much hotter to be able to warm the surface below it through LWIR propagation.

Come on Todd... this is basic thermodynamics... You're playing stupid...

Walk me through how and how much an electric motor heats the surface of the planet. Don’t forget to account for the work the motor did.

Second Law of Thermodynamics predicts that energy from a hotter object will move to a colder object ...

Our 15ºC motor is sitting on the 15ªC Earth ... equilibrium ... now let's run the motor and generate friction, warming our motor to 20ºC ... not equilibrium ... thus energy will flow from the motor to the Earth ... and it will flow in three ways: conduction, convection and radiation ... we might even include a fourth way if we consider the ozone emissions from the electrical arcing that occurs inside the motor, chemical energy ...

We always get less mechianical power out of an electric motor than the electric power we supply ... always always always ... why don't you believe me? ...

I hate solar power because I think it's a bad idea to reduce solar irradiance in the middle of an ice age.

"Math is hard" ... enough said ...

Second Law of Thermodynamics predicts that energy from a hotter object will move to a colder object ...

Our 15ºC motor is sitting on the 15ªC Earth ... equilibrium ... now let's run the motor and generate friction, warming our motor to 20ºC ... not equilibrium ... thus energy will flow from the motor to the Earth ... and it will flow in three ways: conduction, convection and radiation ... we might even include a fourth way if we consider the ozone emissions from the electrical arcing that occurs inside the motor, chemical energy ...

We always get less mechianical power out of an electric motor than the electric power we supply ... always always always ... why don't you believe me? ...
But is the heat generated enough to make any difference, long term (Greater than 24 hours) if it stopped?

Is this supposed to be you explaining your silly belief that photons converted into electricity heat the surface of the planet?
it seems you are suggesting that the heat goes where?

Forum List

Back