"Fingerprint" of Greenland ice melt seen in satellite sea level data

THats my whole point. the waste heat is insignificant.
And what waste heat there is does not warm the surface of the planet. So that’s a material difference from photons because photons would have warmed the surface of the planet.

Both of you are right to an extent but both of you are wrong to an extent.

Let me explain:

Downwelling Solar Radiation is not a one stop shopping experience. As the energy passes through our atmosphere it is met with resistance. Clouds, water vapor, dust, etc. Solar arrays are just like particles in they stop a portion of the downwelling solar radiation. Solar panels stop most of the visible spectrum, so they do stop energy from hitting the earth's surface. They do not fully stop the DWSR so the earths surface is still warmed. You also have the panels themselves heating up and that converted energy becomes longer in wavelength. LWIR which will slow the warming but not stop it.

So, both of you are right but both of you a wrong as well.

It is this duplicity in paths to warm objects that many do not understand. One of the main reasons our Global Circulation Models fail is they cannot predict how the Ocean reacts to slight changes in DWSR. The shift that Dr Archibald saw in 2016 is now causing cooling of our oceans. There is a small region of DWSR that penetrates our oceans to depth and causes warming. 0.2um -0.6um. We have seen a 3% shift to longer wave lengths (due to solar dimming- reaction changes on the sun - cooling of the reaction at the surface). This shift has slowed how fast the ENSO can recharge.

You folks are not alone in this. I have many PhD's who still can't grasp this simple concept.

Thanks Bill.
Did you ever publish your paper?

And a horrible idea in the middle of an ice age. You people keep forgetting that part.
I would never use them since they are far more expensive to use and destroys the environment. Useless on top of all that as well since they really don't work.

According to Todd all photons converted into electricity heat the surface of the planet. That just isn’t true. Which is why neither one of those idiots can explain it.

According to ding, covering the 0.4 albedo surface with 0.05 albedo panels will cool the planet.

I would never use them since they are far more expensive to use and destroys the environment. Useless on top of all that as well since they really don't work.
Don’t give a fuck. I only care that you are spreading disinformation which defends the widespread use of solar.

And what waste heat there is does not warm the surface of the planet. So that’s a material difference from photons because photons would have warmed the surface of the planet.

So the waste heat warms our homes or the air........just like the solar warmed surface warms the air.

I guess you and JC have given up your claim that all photons converted into electricity heat the surface of the planet.

Are you confused about the First Law again?

Energy can be transformed from one form to another, but can be neither created nor destroyed.

Which part of this doesn't apply to the photons which generate the electricity at the solar panels?

So the waste heat warms our homes or the air........just like the solar warmed surface warms the air.
Is this supposed to be you explaining your silly belief that photons converted into electricity heat the surface of the planet?

Are you confused about the First Law again?

Energy can be transformed from one form to another, but can be neither created nor destroyed.

Which part of this doesn't apply to the photons which generate the electricity at the solar panels?
Walk me through your silly belief how photons converted into electricity heat the surface of the planet.

For the love of God, Can anyone explain why they believe using electricity heats the surface of the planet?

Forum List

Back