Fire National Anthem Kneelers

The right to protest is guaranteed in the US Constitution.
Is there anything in the Constitution that says they cant be fired?
No....but no one in government should be trying to influence their employers.
Why not? Dont people in the government have 1st amendment rights?

Sure they do. And they should have the good sense to use that wisely.
In this case, it was a wise decision.

And he is. Trump is saying the things millions of us are saying.

We love a President who stands of for our country.

In this case, it was a wise decision.

I disagree.

If you support the player's right to protest, it was interference where it was not needed.

If you do not support the player's protests, the remarks from the White House caused a marked increase in the number of kneeling players.

So are you going to answer this ^ question?

It has already been answered a couple of times in this thread. No, there is nothing in the US Constitution that says they cannot be fired.

But I will review my answers to this, so you can catch up.

First, do you, as a business, fire the people who make your business possible and successful, because of a minor behavior?
Second, do you fire people for this and have them compete against you next season?
Third, if their contract does not speak to this issue, can you fire them without litigation?

And he is. Trump is saying the things millions of us are saying.

We love a President who stands of for our country.

I disagree. What we need is a president that stands for all the people, not just some.

And what we REALLY need is a president who will unite us instead of being divisive.

So are you going to answer this ^ question?

It has already been answered a couple of times in this thread. No, there is nothing in the US Constitution that says they cannot be fired.

But I will review my answers to this, so you can catch up.

First, do you, as a business, fire the people who make your business possible and successful, because of a minor behavior?
Second, do you fire people for this and have them compete against you next season?
Third, if their contract does not speak to this issue, can you fire them without litigation?
If there isnt anything in the constitution that says they cant be fired, then why did you bring up the 1st amendment? What bearing does that irrelevant fact have on this topic? Time and time again i see people like you preaching about "the first amendment" whenever the NFL kneeling issue comes up, but its fucking retarded. No one is being thrown in jail for kneeling; their constitutional rights are fully intact, so why do you people keep talking about it?

The backlash the NFL and its players have been getting for kneeling, has nothing to do with the 1st amendment.

Last edited:
If you want to make a point with the maximum number of people, you protest where you get the most exposure.
Within limits. One of those is you don't attack/smear the country, the anthem, the flag, the military, the veterans (alive and dead) Duh!

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette

The West Virginia Board of Education passed a resolution during World War 2 requiring that a salute to salute the flag become a “regular part of the program of activities in the public schools.”

A small group of Jehovah’s Witnesses, however, refused. They took their case to the Supreme Court.

In 1943, during the Second World War, the Supreme Court rendered its verdict.

"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion, or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. "

"Nevertheless, we apply the limitations of the Constitution with no fear that freedom to be intellectually and spiritually diverse or even contrary will disintegrate the social organization. To believe that patriotism will not flourish if patriotic ceremonies are voluntary and spontaneous, instead of a compulsory routine, is to make an unflattering estimate of the appeal of our institutions to free minds. "

In other words, the power of the salute lies with the choice to salute, and the most repugnant form of censorship is compelled speech. And that is what this opposition to the NFL players protesting racial injustice represents, an unconstitutional attempt to force compelled speech or compulsory salutation.
1. There IS NO racial injustice (except Affirmative Action discrimination - and that victimizes whites)

2. This is not a case of what is orthodox. It is a case of what is UNorthodox (ie. disrespectful)

I think that we must stop this perception of the NFL as the crime league. Criminals do not abound in this league.

Crime rate among NFL players is relatively low, with some caveats

"The widespread perception that the NFL has a crime problem is contradicted by a detailed study of player arrests, which found that NFL players are arrested less often than men in their 20s and 30s as a whole.

Alex Piquero, a professor of criminology at the University of Texas at Dallas, says people who think NFL players are inordinately finding themselves in legal trouble are wrong."

If we are to despise the NFL players for crime, then we despise all men between the ages of 20-30 even more.
Hurray for the 99% of NFL players who STAND during the National Anthem. :biggrin:

If you want to make a statement to the 'pro' players/entertainers, then stop watching ANYTHING they are part of. Contact the advertisers and let them know you will NOT buy any of their products. Tell your friends and family members what you are doing and why. When enough people stop 'feeding' the sponsors over the actions of a few and the money trail starts drying up, that is when you'll notice changes being made. Till then, it's the same 'ol same 'ol.
Good advice, but the dopey trend is already dying out. And that's even without the saps being told why they have no cause.

Protesting police brutality is "insulting the country"? Not my country. I applaud anyone against police brutality. You maybe not so much.
YES it certainly is - when it deliberately is aimed at the flag, the national anthem, the military, the country. Everyone is against police brutality but what these dum dums call "police brutality isn't that. That just don't know hw to act when confronted by police. They cause their own problems. >> Like Rodney King, Terrence Crutcher, Eric Garner, Michael Brown, etc, etc

21768012_1644907158892906_3245560795946003314_n.jpg

Forum List

Back