Firefox is screwed up. Bad update

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
firefox just did an update and now edit, file, tools, and favorites are gone from the top. i cant find them. also, the address bar is messed up. if i type in an adress and hit enter nothing happens. also, there is an arrow with a list of addresses. when i click on that nothing happens. can someone help?

firefox just did an update and now edit, file, tools, and favorites are gone from the top. i cant find them. also, the address bar is messed up. if i type in an adress and hit enter nothing happens. also, there is an arrow with a list of addresses. when i click on that nothing happens. can someone help?
On the address bar, if you look all the way to the right, you will see a box with three horizontal lines. Click that.

i see it, but i still cant type in a new address or use the drop down arrow to click on an address

i see it, but i still cant type in a new address or use the drop down arrow to click on an address
??
I have an address bar that allows Me to do both.

Right click the area next to or above your tab and then chose "menu bar".

i found the menu bar and its on top now, but the adress bar still wont work

All new releases of anything are crap. That is why you turn off automatic updates. Wouldn't happen if I was running the place. Well that's another topic. Reinstall the old version and wait until the idiots fix the problems.

Very simple solution - use your Control Panel to remove Firefox. Use another browser to go to the site and download another version. Will clean up the problem.

Firefox 29 changed the interface a lot, and there are often incompatibilities with addons and the old profile. It can usually be fixed with a Firefox Reset. Doing so will preserve all bookmarks, but will nuke most other settings and addons, and set the profile back to factory fresh condition.

Click the 3 bars icon
Click the help menu (the question mark at the bottom right)
Click "troubleshooting information"
Click the "Reset Firefox" button at the top right.

After that's done and all is well, you can reinstall addons.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back