Firing Mueller would be rational- only if Trump is guilty

:lol:

No, that's not how "the law" works.

Probable cause is required for warrants.

There's no defined clock for how long an investigation can go on.
No, you are mistaken. If a evidence cannot be presented to show a reasonable basis for the investigation, it is called police or prosecutorial harassment. Based on the evidence collected after over two years of investigation, the purpose of this investigation is certainly harassment.

Again- exactly what is your source inside Mueller's investigation to show that Mueller has no basis for his investigation?
The burden is always on the police and prosecution to show reasonable cause to believe an investigation is warranted, and not a single people of evidence has been produced in over two years to show any reasonable basis for believing there was collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. This allegation, now clearly with no basis in fact, was the only reason for apointing a special counsel and now that we know there is no evidence of collusion there is no reasom for a special prosecutor
By your 'reasoning', no one should ever be investigated for anything unless there is a photo of him giving a blowjob to Putin.

There was a legitimate cause for action for this investigation. Mueller continues that investigation and none of us know what he has found yet.

I think Mueller should finish his investigation- and Trump is not guilty of collusion- so should you.
Not just according to me, but according to the law. Police and prosecutors need probable cause to continue investigations that produce no results after a few yeas or such investigations are considered harassment and are subject to legal action against the police and prosecutors. By appointing a special counsel with poorly defined authority, Mueller is protected against such law suits, If Mueller cannot produce any evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, he should do the honorable thing and close his investigation, turning whatever he has over to the Justice Department and the FBI. If you had any respect for our system of democracy or for the rule of law, you would agree with me.

If Mueller can't find any evidence of crimes or collusion or anything else- he should finish his investigation and report that to the Justice Department and that should be shared with the public. Of course if Mueller does find evidence of crimes- oh wait- he has found evidence of crimes.......

If you had any respect for our system of democracy or for the rule of law, you would agree with me.
Disabuse yourself of the notion you are clever. Mueller has found absolutely no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and teh Russian government.

And you know this how?

Specifically?
Not a single piece of evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government has been produced in over two years of investigation but the FBI and Justice Department, and so it is reasonable to conclude there is none.

How exactly do you know that?

The FBI and the Justice Department aren't going to release any evidence that they have until the investigation is over.

No, you are mistaken. If a evidence cannot be presented to show a reasonable basis for the investigation, it is called police or prosecutorial harassment. Based on the evidence collected after over two years of investigation, the purpose of this investigation is certainly harassment.

Again- exactly what is your source inside Mueller's investigation to show that Mueller has no basis for his investigation?
The burden is always on the police and prosecution to show reasonable cause to believe an investigation is warranted, and not a single people of evidence has been produced in over two years to show any reasonable basis for believing there was collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. This allegation, now clearly with no basis in fact, was the only reason for apointing a special counsel and now that we know there is no evidence of collusion there is no reasom for a special prosecutor
Not just according to me, but according to the law. Police and prosecutors need probable cause to continue investigations that produce no results after a few yeas or such investigations are considered harassment and are subject to legal action against the police and prosecutors. By appointing a special counsel with poorly defined authority, Mueller is protected against such law suits, If Mueller cannot produce any evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, he should do the honorable thing and close his investigation, turning whatever he has over to the Justice Department and the FBI. If you had any respect for our system of democracy or for the rule of law, you would agree with me.

If Mueller can't find any evidence of crimes or collusion or anything else- he should finish his investigation and report that to the Justice Department and that should be shared with the public. Of course if Mueller does find evidence of crimes- oh wait- he has found evidence of crimes.......

If you had any respect for our system of democracy or for the rule of law, you would agree with me.
Disabuse yourself of the notion you are clever. Mueller has found absolutely no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and teh Russian government.

And you know this how?

Specifically?
Not a single piece of evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government has been produced in over two years of investigation but the FBI and Justice Department, and so it is reasonable to conclude there is none.

How exactly do you know that?

The FBI and the Justice Department aren't going to release any evidence that they have until the investigation is over.

Voices in his head?
Unwavering faith in the honesty and virtue of Donald Trump?

By your 'reasoning', no one should ever be investigated for anything unless there is a photo of him giving a blowjob to Putin.

There was a legitimate cause for action for this investigation. Mueller continues that investigation and none of us know what he has found yet.

I think Mueller should finish his investigation- and Trump is not guilty of collusion- so should you.

And you know this how?

Specifically?
Okay so you don't know- you are presuming.

Based upon what an investigator has not told you during an active investigation.

LOL

So you opinion is not based on what you know about the investigation but on what you don't know. By your reasoning, everyone is legitimately a suspect for everything unless he can prove he is innoccent..

I'm not mistaken. You don't understand the law.

Most importantly, no one is obligated to present evidence to you.

You don't know what evidence Mueller has collected, and he's under no obligation to prove himself to you. For every warrant he gets, he has to show probable cause to a judge - not to you. You will find out what evidence he has collected at the same time as everyone else - when he concludes the investigation.
With not a single piece of evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russia government being presented, in over two years of investigations, there is no reasonable justification for continuing with a special counsel. This is clearly a case of prosecutorial harassment.

And you know this how?

Specifically?
A is green. B is not yellow. Therefore, B must be green. LOL

You don't know what evidence Mueller has collected, and he's under no obligation to prove himself to you. For every warrant he gets, he has to show probable cause to a judge - not to you. You will find out what evidence he has collected at the same time as everyone else - when he concludes the investigation.
With not a single piece of evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russia government being presented, in over two years of investigations, there is no reasonable justification for continuing with a special counsel. This is clearly a case of prosecutorial harassment.

Why would you think repeating yourself would magically make your statement become true?

You don't know what evidence they have or don't have.

It's that simple. Every time you claim otherwise, you're lying.

And you know this how?

Specifically?

Based upon what an investigator has not told you during an active investigation.

LOL
We both know not a single piece of evidence of collusion has been produced of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

And you know this how?

Specifically?

LOL
We both know not a single piece of evidence of collusion has been produced of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

No, we don't know that.

You believe it, because you have to - but that's a matter of blind faith, not reason.

Your belief system does not override reality.

Why would you think repeating yourself would magically make your statement become true?

We both know that there is none and we both know you support the investigation only to harass Trump in the hope this fraudulent investigation would harm Republicans in the election.

And you know this how?

Specifically?

LOL

No, we don't know that.

You believe it, because you have to - but that's a matter of blind faith, not reason.

We both know that and when you deny it, you are lying.

We both know that there is none and we both know you support the investigation only to harass Trump in the hope this fraudulent investigation would harm Republicans in the election.

No, we don't know that.

You sure are desperate to get this investigation shut down before Mueller is finished.

Would it not be rational to fire Mueller if his investigation were a witch hunt based on bogus evidence, especially if he refused to investigate the evidence of real Russian collusion and election tampering?

No, we don't know that.

You sure are desperate to get this investigation shut down before Mueller is finished.
Actually, Mueller was finished before he got started since the whole reason for a special counsel is to investigate allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and since "collusion" by itself, is not a crime the Justice Department had no business investigating it. What we are seeing here is a continuation of Crazy Hillary's substance free campaign even as she is down in India further humiliating herself.

First of all, he's not going to fire Mueller. I know you dipshits on the left want to make everyone think he is but he's not. Having said that, maybe the man doesn't like being accused of something he did not do. Ever think of that? Would you not be a little irritated if a cop pulled you over without cause and made you sit on the curb for an hour like a criminal while he called in other cops to search your vehicle? You know damn well you would be pissed, and at some point, you would want to sue the bastards so drop the bullshit "If he has nothing to hide he shouldn't mind being subjected to a never ending criminal investigation" line. If you fuckwads had any integrity you would admit you have nothing and end the investigation but you don't, because it's the only thing you have to hinder progress and prevent the President from doing his job. You people are pathetic.

Most adults are able to control their emotional outbursts.

No one likes to be accused of something they didn't do, but most people are mature enough to accept that emotionally venting their anger isn't actually going to help anything.
You mean like this?

I don't know what you think trying to deflect to Hillary will accomplish.

It shows you're selective in your criticism (as well as a hypocrite).

The democraps sure want Trump to fire Mueller for some odd reason, dont they?
They want him to fire the idiot because they know he doesn't have anything and ending it would prove there was no collusion. If he fired him, they could say "He must be guilty or he wouldn't have fired him".

First of all, he's not going to fire Mueller. I know you dipshits on the left want to make everyone think he is but he's not. Having said that, maybe the man doesn't like being accused of something he did not do. Ever think of that? Would you not be a little irritated if a cop pulled you over without cause and made you sit on the curb for an hour like a criminal while he called in other cops to search your vehicle? You know damn well you would be pissed, and at some point, you would want to sue the bastards so drop the bullshit "If he has nothing to hide he shouldn't mind being subjected to a never ending criminal investigation" line. If you fuckwads had any integrity you would admit you have nothing and end the investigation but you don't, because it's the only thing you have to hinder progress and prevent the President from doing his job. You people are pathetic.

Well if you fuckwads had any integrity you would look at Trump's record of firing people- and realize that it is certainly within the realm of possibility that Trump will fire Mueller.

Of course Trump is irritated by the investigation- that is certainly clear.

But as far as 'nothing'- the roots of the investigation go back to a Trump campaign member telling an Australian diplomat in a bar that the Russians had dirt on Clinton.

We also know that Trump's son welcomed a meeting with a Russian that he had been told had dirt on Clinton.

What we don't know is what else Mueller has found so far.

You fuckwads don't want Mueller to continue his investigation.

What is it you are afraid he will find?
He's not gonna find anything. If he had anything it would have been leaked by now. This is a failed coup attempt that the left can't let go of and you know it.

LOL- ah I love how you repeat the talking points your Dear Leader has told you to parrot.
What's wrong, run out of argument?

No one likes to be accused of something they didn't do, but most people are mature enough to accept that emotionally venting their anger isn't actually going to help anything.
You mean like this?

No, it doesn't. It shows that you can't talk about the topic at hand, and instead want to deflect with whataboutisms.

If you posting a video of Hillary somehow makes me a hypocrite, it makes you one too. You realize that, right?

You mean like this?

No, it doesn't. It shows that you can't talk about the topic at hand, and instead want to deflect with whataboutisms.

If you posting a video of Hillary somehow makes me a hypocrite, it makes you one too. You realize that, right?

You said "most adults are able to control their emotional outbursts", while singling out Trump as if he were the only politician to ever get pissed off. That makes you a hypocrite, and it's not a defection. Mueller doesn't have shit, so you have to have something else to accuse Trump of even though he stated a number of times he is NOT going to fire Mueller. THAT'S the deflection.

You mean like this?

You said "most adults are able to control their emotional outbursts", while singling out Trump as if he were the only politician to ever get pissed off. That makes you a hypocrite, and it's not a defection. Mueller doesn't have shit, so you have to have something else to accuse Trump of even though he stated a number of times he is NOT going to fire Mueller. THAT'S the deflection.

Hmmm has Trump ever said one thing and done another?

I look forward to Mueller completing his investigation- but as I said in the OP- if Trump does fire Mueller- as many contards here at USMB have called for- it will either demonstrate that Trump is irrational- or it will demonstrate that Trump is guilty.

Forum List

Back