First execution of 2018 tonight. Way to go Texas!

Capital punishment is fading away.

In some states where it is still on the books, the governors have announced that they will refuse to enforce the law.

Here in California, more than 700 persons are on Death Row.

Impartial observers say that none of them will ever be executed.

I personally believe that if there is NO doubt to a murderer's guilt, then s/he should be executed.

It might actually make some potential murderers think twice.

But I realize that liberals have done an excellent job in portraying capital punishment as cruel, so capital punishment will eventually be a thing of the past -- even in the South (which is, in any event, gradually changing from red to blue).

(I also believe that there should be reasonable corporal punishment in schools, but I know that is an impossible dream.)

Most of the civilized world no longer uses capital punishment
Most civilized states in the US no longer use it

Move to one...you won't be missed

My state as already banned capital punishment

Why won't yours?

They realize people who murder innocent need to pay the price. It's called justice you kumbaya leftist
And execution by the state is barbaric

Most civilized nations have realized that

Capital punishment is fading away.

In some states where it is still on the books, the governors have announced that they will refuse to enforce the law.

Here in California, more than 700 persons are on Death Row.

Impartial observers say that none of them will ever be executed.

I personally believe that if there is NO doubt to a murderer's guilt, then s/he should be executed.

It might actually make some potential murderers think twice.

But I realize that liberals have done an excellent job in portraying capital punishment as cruel, so capital punishment will eventually be a thing of the past -- even in the South (which is, in any event, gradually changing from red to blue).

(I also believe that there should be reasonable corporal punishment in schools, but I know that is an impossible dream.)

Why won't yours?

They realize people who murder innocent need to pay the price. It's called justice you kumbaya leftist

Execution of the guilty gives them a warm feeling, kind of like when it snows on Christmas eve.

Why won't yours?

Execution of the guilty gives them a warm feeling, kind of like when it snows on Christmas eve.
Executions make progs cry.

It's like losing an election.

Why won't yours?

Like aborting unborn innocents gives leftists the warm and fuzzy?

Two can play this, dipshit

It has always fascinated me that the Right is dead set against large, powerful government, federal or state, with major powers to control lives, and to dictate to the people. Yet, they are the first ones who want such governments t have the power of life and death over its citizens. And, yes, they want the government to dictate and forbid women from having control of their own bodies. The hypocrisy is mindblowing.

It has always fascinated me that the Right is dead set against large, powerful government, federal or state, with major powers to control lives, and to dictate to the people. Yet, they are the first ones who want such governments t have the power of life and death over its citizens. And, yes, they want the government to dictate and forbid women from having control of their own bodies. The hypocrisy is mindblowing.
It has always fascinated me that liberals defend childkillers.

That's all.

Governments and courts have been proven to be untrustworthy on too many occasions.

In the Uk the Guildford 4 and the Birmingham 6 were all convicted on the corrupt evidence of the police. They were later freed as new evidence came to light.
In the US they would have been fried. The death penalty is the sign of a backward society.
You are a fucking statist, tommy. Like you give a shit if they fail or not.
Ive seen too many cock ups over the years to have faith in the authorities.
The death penalty is gratuitous. It doesnt deter people from killing, its just revenge to gratify the baser elements in our commnity.

Governments and courts have been proven to be untrustworthy on too many occasions.

In the Uk the Guildford 4 and the Birmingham 6 were all convicted on the corrupt evidence of the police. They were later freed as new evidence came to light.
In the US they would have been fried. The death penalty is the sign of a backward society.
The death penalty is gratuitous. It doesnt deter people from killing, its just revenge to gratify the baser elements in our commnity.
Whereas locking them in a cage for 60 years is compassionate.

The streets need to be made safe.

Of course it deters people from killing. They're dead!

Sheesh!

But you want them to control everything? Such disingenuous malarkey

But you want them to control everything? Such disingenuous malarkey
No I dont. You are projecting.

Sheesh!
You do not understand the word deterrent.

Sheesh!
Loosely, I imagine it is stopping something from happening.

My understanding is that when you're dead, you don't kill people, or do much of anything else for that matter.

Sheesh!
Loosely, I imagine it is stopping something from happening.

My understanding is that when you're dead, you don't kill people, or do much of anything else for that matter.
They have already killed.

Libertarians do love their police state. They want that big government, to protect them from their slaves. And they want the slaves to pay for it.
WTF does that have to do with executing a murderer?
You think the executions are being carried out by a private contractor from the goodness of his heart?
Are ya fuken retarded?
Who's performing executions privately?
Can you not follow?

The streets need to be made safe.
The streets and the prison are both safer places tonight.

Forum List

Back