First insurrectionist removed from office under 14th amendment

SANTA FE — A New Mexico judge ordered Otero County Commissioner Couy Griffin be removed from office, effective immediately, ruling that the attack on the Capitol was an insurrection and that Griffin’s participation in it disqualified him under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. This decision marks the first time since 1869 that a court has disqualified a public official under Section 3, and the first time that any court has ruled the events of January 6, 2021 an insurrection.

Mr Griffin will go down in infamy as a result of this. Children in Dem states will learn his name. Perhaps not in GOP states.
New Mexico is corruptly run by Democrats and has been for generations. There is a reason it has a reputation of being horrid on every scale that matters…poverty,education,employment. But thru the roof on CRIME. Not exactly a surprise they would usurp the votes of it’s citizens.

Last edited:
Here is the case law definition
a violent uprising by a group or movement acting for the specific purpose of overthrowing the constituted government and seizing its powers. An insurrection occurs where a movement acts to overthrow the constituted government and to take possession of its inherent powers.”
That is exactly what happened per definition. I’m taking by you bolding “violent uprising” that you think there was no violence? Is that right?

New Mexico is corruptly run by Democrats and has been for generations. There is a reason it has a reputation of being horrid on every scale that matters…poverty,education,employment. But thru the roof on CRIME. Not exactly a surprise they would usurp the votes of it’s citizens.
Corruption? Do you have examples?

You are highly partisan. People who dont respect elections should not hold office.

How about racketeering?

Nice. Got busted and booted. That’s how the system should work. You claiming it’s still going on? Did this one incident convince you that everybody is doing it?

That is exactly what happened per definition. I’m taking by you bolding “violent uprising” that you think there was no violence? Is that right?

In insurrection there is an organized and armed uprising against authority or operations
From my link. Why do you think no one has been charged with insurrection?

In insurrection there is an organized and armed uprising against authority or operations
From my link. Why do you think no one has been charged with insurrection?
For the same reasons why rioters don’t get charged with rioting. They get charged with the crimes they commit while rioting.

Forum List

Back