First Lady Jill Biden says the diversity of the 'Latinx' community is "as unique as the breakfast tacos in San Antonio."

A stupid thing to say, or even try, Mrs. Biden. You deserve criticism.

Worse, it puts you in some pretty ugly company.

===

f1624424-ca81-4f71-a130-4753f575e3b3-large16x9_Trumptweet.jpg
That's not what she said, but it was stupid to say latino/hispanic voters are diverse, and use FOOD as the illustration.

I may be mistaken, but the only two white pols I can remember from my lifetime who could extemporaneously address black crowds about issues were WJC and RFK. RFK simply because there was no doubt to his sincerity in believing in equal opportunity. WJC actually seemed top understand.
Lincoln may have been unique in his willingness to challenge his own racial beliefs. But I wasn't alive then. (-:

Its a little culturally insensitive but it isnt racist.
Maybe you should explain how that dumb joke means she thinks one race is superior over another?
why did she have her staff apologize? Maybe Hispanics said something about it?

A stupid thing to say, or even try, Mrs. Biden. You deserve criticism.

Worse, it puts you in some pretty ugly company.

===

f1624424-ca81-4f71-a130-4753f575e3b3-large16x9_Trumptweet.jpg

That tweet has been discussed before.
Obviously he is promoting Trump tower saying they make the best Taco Bowls, And then says.. I love Hispanics.
Was it the best way to say "Happy Cinco DeMayo"? - not especially great.
But is it the same as assuming you have the right to change a different language than your own based on your own opinion? No. And then directly compare those people to an objective name?? And not even realize both are offensive??
No
Trump has said 1000s of bonehead things. But this comparison is no way near as bad.

Forum List

Back