First Man

Listen people, the American flag is shown all throughout the movie, so stop with the pearl clutching. I was in front of the TV with my dad in 1969 as we watched the landing thru take off. Planting the American flag wasn't the part that inspired me at the time; it was watching a man representing all of mankind stepping on the surface of a foreign world for the first time.

Go see the movie.
No.........The Flag moment is part of history........so................no dice.............

I too watched even though very young............to omit it means I omit watching it...............It is part of our history and should be part of the movie.........His omission of that moment is for POLITICAL reasons...............

I choose to see the history as it was and not a revised version of it.

So............I will not watch it.

Listen people, the American flag is shown all throughout the movie, so stop with the pearl clutching. I was in front of the TV with my dad in 1969 as we watched the landing thru take off. Planting the American flag wasn't the part that inspired me at the time; it was watching a man representing all of mankind stepping on the surface of a foreign world for the first time.

Go see the movie.
no.
I would like to encourage you to be involved in an experiment. Go see the movie then come back here and tell us if you feel the same way. Paying $17 for a ticket won't further the communist agenda and I promise your seat won't burst nto flames. See it in IMAX. Would you do it?

Go see the movie.

I want to see all the CGI.
. There is no CGI in the movie.

First Man actually did show quite a bit of American exceptionalism....just not the planting of the flag

They showed the US overtaking the Soviets in the space race
They showed a flag raising
They showed interviews and newspapers from foreign countries praising the US

I've not seen this movie yet, but I've heard a lot about the flag not being planted. (Or they erased that scene?) After all, the original footage showed it.
The theme of the movie was not how great America was for landing on the moon. The movie was about Armstrong’s personal struggles and the risk of death astronauts faced and how they dealt with it

Only about five minutes of the movie showed them actually walking on the moon. The key scene (which I won’t tip off) was Armstrong doing a personal act while on the moon

There are still plenty of flags and USA, USA in the movie

Sorry, you lefites have used up the benefit of a doubt long ago.

And by "sorry", I mean "not sorry".

First Man actually did show quite a bit of American exceptionalism....just not the planting of the flag

I've not seen this movie yet, but I've heard a lot about the flag not being planted. (Or they erased that scene?) After all, the original footage showed it.
The theme of the movie was not how great America was for landing on the moon. The movie was about Armstrong’s personal struggles and the risk of death astronauts faced and how they dealt with it

Only about five minutes of the movie showed them actually walking on the moon. The key scene (which I won’t tip off) was Armstrong doing a personal act while on the moon

I saw it (in IMAX) you didn’t

I understand why they concentrated on Armstrong walking on the moon and not the flag planting ceremony.

You never will

I understand why they concentrated on Armstrong walking on the moon and not the flag planting ceremony.

You never will

YOu've said a lot of crazy shit on this site. SOrry, you don't have much credibility, especially when judging levels of anti-Americanism.

You never will

YOu've said a lot of crazy shit on this site. SOrry, you don't have much credibility, especially when judging levels of anti-Americanism.

Having not seen the context of the moon walk......you have nothing to base your position except conservative propaganda

You never will

Having not seen the context of the moon walk......you have nothing to base your position except conservative propaganda

I have decades of observation of the anti-Americanism of liberals such as you.

I have decades of observation of Hollywood.

I have the capacity for reason and thus realize that NOT showing one of the most iconic moments in fucking history, is not something a movie would do, without a strong and compelling motive.

What do you have to explain this away?

You never will

From the very article and out of the directors mouth it is clearly stated that the Flag on the moon was omitted......stating that he wanted to show nothing but the human factors of the movie..............

How in the world would a small scene showing the flag planting which is Historically correct have changed that.....................It wouldn't have changed ONE IOTA of the human aspects of the movie........Not an ounce..........and would have been historically correct..............

To omit to me is part of the director's politics...that is my opinion..........and having shown his political nature by omitting the history of the actual event..............makes me not want to see the movie.............

I see it as a political statement................period..........and no propaganda site influenced my decision........

Buzz.....said it was a commercial move..........probably so some flag makers could make some money off of it........but also said the decision was Nationalist in Nature............but it was a part of the history.............and should not have been omitted...........

If the movie was just about the landing, planting the Flag and kicking up moon dust, instead about Neil Armstrong, it would be a documentary.

Damn you people to Hell forcing me to agree with rightwinger.

Go see the movie.
no.
I would like to encourage you to be involved in an experiment. Go see the movie then come back here and tell us if you feel the same way. Paying $17 for a ticket won't further the communist agenda and I promise your seat won't burst nto flames. See it in IMAX. Would you do it?
no.

just tired of hollywood and politics. entertainment such as football n movies are to get away from such political fights. i heard an interview w the directorcwho said it was left out cause it was a mankind, not US accomplishment.

hes free to make his movie n im free to ingore it.

If the movie was just about the landing, planting the Flag and kicking up moon dust, instead about Neil Armstrong, it would be a documentary.

even in such pain that you must be in, still not gonna see it.

fyi, ive agreed with him brfore.

once.

i lived through it, you can too. :)

Go see the movie.

How do they do the special effects?

You never will

From the very article and out of the directors mouth it is clearly stated that the Flag on the moon was omitted......stating that he wanted to show nothing but the human factors of the movie..............

How in the world would a small scene showing the flag planting which is Historically correct have changed that.....................It wouldn't have changed ONE IOTA of the human aspects of the movie........Not an ounce..........and would have been historically correct..............

To omit to me is part of the director's politics...that is my opinion..........and having shown his political nature by omitting the history of the actual event..............makes me not want to see the movie.............

I see it as a political statement................period..........and no propaganda site influenced my decision........

Buzz.....said it was a commercial move..........probably so some flag makers could make some money off of it........but also said the decision was Nationalist in Nature............but it was a part of the history.............and should not have been omitted...........

If it is a commercial movie to make money, rising offending the largest market in the world, was probably a bad idea.

Go see the movie.

oK, If they shot this bitch on the Moon, I will go see it.

Go see the movie.

oK, If they shot this bitch on the Moon, I will go see it.

lol

That is your choice..........I don't care if the movie is the best thing since sliced bread..............I really don't care.....

I refuse to see it because it purposely omitted the flag scene...............and I see that not as a HUMAN FACTOR........I see it as Revisionist history...........which the left uses all the time.

In a Nut shell..........would a 1 minute piece of planting the flag have changed the Human side of the story one tiny little bit............NOPE.........not a bit............but to me..........some kid who doesn't know the history will see the movie and not even know that they planted the flag at all..................

I believe it should have been kept historically correct........but I see a director having bias against using the flag for his own value systems............not the BS fed to the media on why he left it out............

Since he will not display the HISTORICAL ACCURATE FLAG PLANTING..........then I will not see the movie......

It is my right to change the channel when I don't agree..............I will hit the change channel button on this movie that I believe should have shown the flag being planted............

If you disagree.......that is your decision and not mine.

You never will

More conservative conspiracy theories
Liberals hate America and won’t show the flag
But there are many flags in the movie, many patriotic scenes, many pro-American sentiments

Again, in the context of the moon walk, it concentrated on Armstrong and it was the most touching part of the movie

Forum List

Back