First Man

Overall, I would give the movie a B

Not as good as The Right Stuff, Apollo 13 or From the Earth to the Moon

The main reason is that it was from Neil Armstrong’s point of view. Armstrong was not that entertaining (Aldrin is), most of the movie, he sulks and his interactions with other Astronauts were not very compelling

The scene where he says goodby to his sons and they ask if he is coming back and the scene on the moon where he performs a very personal act were very touching

Sorry, you lefites have used up the benefit of a doubt long ago.

And by "sorry", I mean "not sorry".
I saw it (in IMAX) you didn’t

I understand why they concentrated on Armstrong walking on the moon and not the flag planting ceremony.

You never will

YOu've said a lot of crazy shit on this site. SOrry, you don't have much credibility, especially when judging levels of anti-Americanism.

Having not seen the context of the moon walk......you have nothing to base your position except conservative propaganda
From the very article and out of the directors mouth it is clearly stated that the Flag on the moon was omitted......stating that he wanted to show nothing but the human factors of the movie..............

How in the world would a small scene showing the flag planting which is Historically correct have changed that.....................It wouldn't have changed ONE IOTA of the human aspects of the movie........Not an ounce..........and would have been historically correct..............

To omit to me is part of the director's politics...that is my opinion..........and having shown his political nature by omitting the history of the actual event..............makes me not want to see the movie.............

I see it as a political statement................period..........and no propaganda site influenced my decision........

Buzz.....said it was a commercial move..........probably so some flag makers could make some money off of it........but also said the decision was Nationalist in Nature............but it was a part of the history.............and should not have been omitted...........
More conservative conspiracy theories
Liberals hate America and won’t show the flag
But there are many flags in the movie, many patriotic scenes, many pro-American sentiments

Again, in the context of the moon walk, it concentrated on Armstrong and it was the most touching part of the movie
That is your opinion........and nothing more............I will not be watching that movie..........that is a choice..............and we have made it..............

To be historically correct is all I would ask.........it would not make a difference at all had he included it.........but he made a calculated decision to omit it..........and thus the historical TRUTH was omitted....even if he had only devoted 1 minute to it.............

He made that choice..........and I make mine......don't really care if you don't like it or not..........

I saw it (in IMAX) you didn’t

I understand why they concentrated on Armstrong walking on the moon and not the flag planting ceremony.

You never will

YOu've said a lot of crazy shit on this site. SOrry, you don't have much credibility, especially when judging levels of anti-Americanism.

Having not seen the context of the moon walk......you have nothing to base your position except conservative propaganda
From the very article and out of the directors mouth it is clearly stated that the Flag on the moon was omitted......stating that he wanted to show nothing but the human factors of the movie..............

How in the world would a small scene showing the flag planting which is Historically correct have changed that.....................It wouldn't have changed ONE IOTA of the human aspects of the movie........Not an ounce..........and would have been historically correct..............

To omit to me is part of the director's politics...that is my opinion..........and having shown his political nature by omitting the history of the actual event..............makes me not want to see the movie.............

I see it as a political statement................period..........and no propaganda site influenced my decision........

Buzz.....said it was a commercial move..........probably so some flag makers could make some money off of it........but also said the decision was Nationalist in Nature............but it was a part of the history.............and should not have been omitted...........
But there are many flags in the movie, many patriotic scenes, many pro-American sentiments

Again, in the context of the moon walk, it concentrated on Armstrong and it was the most touching part of the movie
That is your opinion........and nothing more............I will not be watching that movie..........that is a choice..............and we have made it..............

To be historically correct is all I would ask.........it would not make a difference at all had he included it.........but he made a calculated decision to omit it..........and thus the historical TRUTH was omitted....even if he had only devoted 1 minute to it.............

He made that choice..........and I make mine......don't really care if you don't like it or not..........
It is an opinion based on having seen the movie

Your opinion is based on conservative propaganda and Trump telling you not to see the movie

I have seen conservatives go ape shit over many movies based on misperceptions and lies. I have learned to just laugh it off

If you want historical truth ...watch a documentary
This is a movie focused on Armstrong

Don’t like it...who cares?

Your opinion is based on conservative propaganda and Trump telling you not to see the movie

I have seen conservatives go ape shit over many movies based on misperceptions and lies. I have learned to just laugh it off

It is not propaganda for us to know how important that image is, and to judge the film on their decision to not show it.

That is you being a coward.

If there are no bare breasted girls or anyone being slaughtered with an AR-15, you Trumpettes won' go anyhow.

It is not propaganda for us to know how important that image is, and to judge the film on their decision to not show it.

It is not within the context of the way they wanted to show Armstrong’s moon walk. It was not about the flag but about Armstrong’s personal demons

It is not within the context of the way they wanted to show Armstrong’s moon walk. It was not about the flag but about Armstrong’s personal demons

There is no way, that showing that scene would mean they could not do that.

And btw, you are really making me feel better about not seeing that movie.

Likewise........I don't care about your opinion................

That makes it real simple now doesn't it.................

I choose to change the channel bro.............what you do is up to you.

Actually, after reading your daily rants.....I don’t care

And there lays the real issue in this country.

We have come to a point that neither gives a fuck what the other has to say anymore.............

That is crystal clear............even in such a simple thread that you defend while I piss on it...............because I know the liberal director didn't show the scene for his political mindset.....................

CLICK............

Nice. A personal attack used as an attempt to distract from the fact that you could not refute my point.

I never saw that from a lib before. lol!

Anywhoo, that nonsense dismissed, my point, which you implicitly admitted it true, stands.

We have come to a point that neither gives a fuck what the other has to say anymore.............

That is crystal clear............even in such a simple thread that you defend while I piss on it...............because I know the liberal director didn't show the scene for his political mindset.....................

CLICK............

Yet he did show many patriotic scenes
He also showed war protesters, people who opposed the space program and a black guy singing “Whitey on the moon”

CLICK............

He also showed war protesters, people who opposed the space program and a black guy singing “Whitey on the moon”

I don't care...........he left out that one aspect...........and I think it is political in nature...........so

click

CLICK............

I don't care...........he left out that one aspect...........and I think it is political in nature...........so

click

I remember a discussion I had online with a lefty. We were talking about Avatar, and I was complaining about all the political propaganda in the film, and he was telling me that I was being overly sensitive and imagining it.

Till I linked him to the article where James Cameron discussed how and why he put all those messages into the film.

And that was the end of that.

CLICK............

click

I remember a discussion I had online with a lefty. We were talking about Avatar, and I was complaining about all the political propaganda in the film, and he was telling me that I was being overly sensitive and imagining it.

Till I linked him to the article where James Cameron discussed how and why he put all those messages into the film.

Avatar was prejudiced against blue people
Cameron hated Smurfs too

CLICK............

click

Cameron hated Smurfs too

MMm, there for a while, you were seriously trying to argue your point. It was almost like the old days.

Now, back to the new normal, for you.

If there are no bare breasted girls or anyone being slaughtered with an AR-15, you Trumpettes won' go anyhow.

The democrats prefer their bare breasted girls trapped in an a news office or hotel room with them, and the only AR-15s they like are the ones used in school shootings that allow them to push gun control.....

CLICK............

click

Cameron hated Smurfs too

MMm, there for a while, you were seriously trying to argue your point. It was almost like the old days.

Now, back to the new normal, for you.

You receive the level of response you deserve

Forum List

Back