🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

First Paycheck Since the New Tax Rates Were Enacted

Let's be real, Democrats want more Americans living in poverty.
Your lies are more absurd than all the thousands of Trump's lies put together.
Democrats are the only party that advocate for the poor.
40 years of evidence is at your fingertips.
and just who are the ones that benefit most from this tax scheme? Trump and his friends while repubs dance around their scraps Yes the repub deficit hawks just tacked on 1.5 trillion for their kids to pay

Then why do you punish those who pull themselves out of poverty? Why do you create regulation that prevents people from supporting themselves?
you mean not wanting to raise minimum pay like repubs wanted?

Even you should check out the documentary 'Agenda.' Communist Globalists have been advancing their agenda for 100yrs. The Democratic Party needs more Americans solely dependent on Government. I know you're very skeptical, but you should check it out anyway. You may just be an average 'Useful Idiot' Lenin spoke of. You may not know what you do.

Democrats will do what Obama did

Allow the tax cuts on the middle class to remain and revoke the corporate and wealthy tax cuts to expire

The corporate tax cuts aren't set to expire. They would have to be raised, which is a great idea, if you want to put the economy in a complete tail spin and put people out of work.
We could do it to balance the budget
Something Republicans used to care about

Our corporations were doing just fine under the old tax rates
You don’t balance the budget by slowing the economy with a high tax rate. Your balance the budget by cutting spending and cutting taxes to create a strong growing economy.

You're getting peanuts next to Trump and his rich cronies. The American people are smart enough to know this. Obviously you're not.

How on earth could I possibly get as much as Trump when his financial worth is more than 1000x that of mine? Second, do you realize what a stupid comparison that is? You're saying that I would be better off not having this extra $5,000 this year because Trump wouldn't have gotten a big cut either. How does that make my life better, shit-for-brains? That $5,000 will go a long way for us. Do you I think I give a flying monkey cock if Trump has an extra few million as a result? What does that have to do with me? You're just so jealous that there other people who dare have more than you do that it eats you up inside. Must be sad living everyday bitter and angry.

Your state income and property taxed were 24K last year. Well you are making a fine living or live in one of the high tax states.

Both

You need to petition your state to rework their tax laws.

Their has never been a mandate that the federal government is required to subsidize state taxes with by allowing SALT deductions.

Right now under current law my taxable income on my state return will go up 8K for the 2018 filing year. Our governor and legislative leaders are saying they will fix that this summer.

Hard to do when state budgets have already been established
Supposedly, the Trump cutting of state tax deductions will result in a 7.5% reduction in the value of real estate in my state

Trump is going to save you 7.5% on your state property taxes? Congrats!
I didn't say my assessment went down

You're getting screwed on property taxes and on your assessment?
Typical blue state.

Allow the tax cuts on the middle class to remain and revoke the corporate and wealthy tax cuts to expire

The corporate tax cuts aren't set to expire. They would have to be raised, which is a great idea, if you want to put the economy in a complete tail spin and put people out of work.
We could do it to balance the budget
Something Republicans used to care about

Our corporations were doing just fine under the old tax rates

And now they'll do even better, which is good for all of us.

Then why do you punish those who pull themselves out of poverty? Why do you create regulation that prevents people from supporting themselves?

More folks poor and dependent on Government, is considered a 'success' for the Democratic Party. Check out the documentary 'Agenda' when you get a chance. You can see it on Amazon Prime. The Communist Globalists have been pushing their agenda for a 100yrs in America.

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?
When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?
I have yet to see/hear any Democrat say the tax cut won't now help the middle class. The charge I've heard Democrats (and the CBO) make is that the tax cut is inequitable because over time, for the poorest taxpayers, what is in 2018 a tax cut will become a tax increase. See also:

The charge I've heard Democrats (and the CBO) make is that the tax cut is inequitable because over time, for the poorest taxpayers, what is in 2018 a tax cut will become a tax increase.

Democrats are welcome to write a tax bill that makes these middle class tax cuts larger and permanent.
I've heard they like it when people keep more of their own money.

I await their legislative improvements.

Ted Cruz publicly invited Bernie Sanders to cosponser a bill that did just that when Bernie was complaining about it. Last I checked senator sanders has not taking up that offer

Commies like to talk about helping taxpayers, but so rarely do it.

and just who are the ones that benefit most from this tax scheme? Trump and his friends while repubs dance around their scraps Yes the repub deficit hawks just tacked on 1.5 trillion for their kids to pay

I have a relative who's been with Walmart for 15yrs. In March, she'll be receiving a hefty bonus and pay raise. She's very excited about it. So good on Walmart and the President. :thup:

the losers - et al

Richard Davis says:

November 3rd, 2017 at 3:57 pm (#)

My wife and I are both over 65, retired, only income is from Social Security and pensions. Our taxes will go up 154% in 2018, due to losing the deduction for out of pocket medical expenses. My wife is in long term nursing home care with Alzheimer’s disease. My out of pocket costs for her nursing home care and prescription drugs in 2018 will be $99,000. Without that deduction (less the 10% of our AGI) our combined federal and state taxes will increase 154%.

Dan says:

November 3rd, 2017 at 3:35 pm (#)

I am a CPA, and I have read part of the bill. The changes are vast to the tax code. Someone commented above about losing child credits. The good news is that the phase-out increases from 110K to $230K as I read it. The bad news for small businesses is what the bill does to self-employment income. S Corporation owners are going to get crucified. A portion, or possibly all, of your taxable profit is going to be thrown into self-employment earnings. That is an extra 15.3% tax on that money. Yup. That is in the bill. Look it up. Search the bill for section 1402(a). That is the self-employment income definition section. They are radically changing it. ANY SMALL BUSINESS OWNER THAT SWITCHED TO AN S-CORP TO AVOID THIS TAX IS IN FOR AN AWAKENING. This is bad.

Money Help Center says:

November 16th, 2017 at 9:29 pm (#)

Unfortunately, the House version repeals the deduction for state and local income taxes (SALT) paid and limits property tax deduction to $10,000. For high tax states such as New Jersey you will lose your state tax deduction which may be significant. In essence you are now paying a tax on a tax.

and the beat goes on ..

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

You're getting peanuts next to Trump and his rich cronies. The American people are smart enough to know this. Obviously you're not.

You're getting peanuts next to Trump and his rich cronies.

How many peanuts were the Dems offering?
Clinton promised me peanuts in his 1992 campaign, ended up costing me more money, instead of less.

How many years can you count on that income?
vote Trump in 2020 and he'll pass it again.
Vote Republican 2018.
They'll keep passing the damn bill you keep voting them in.

Hopefully one day folks will figure it out. The Democratic Party benefits most by more Americans living in poverty and solely dependent on Government. It's Communism. Folks just need to be more informed.

I have yet to see/hear any Democrat say the tax cut won't now help the middle class. The charge I've heard Democrats (and the CBO) make is that the tax cut is inequitable because over time, for the poorest taxpayers, what is in 2018 a tax cut will become a tax increase. See also:

The charge I've heard Democrats (and the CBO) make is that the tax cut is inequitable because over time, for the poorest taxpayers, what is in 2018 a tax cut will become a tax increase.

Democrats are welcome to write a tax bill that makes these middle class tax cuts larger and permanent.

Ted Cruz publicly invited Bernie Sanders to cosponser a bill that did just that when Bernie was complaining about it. Last I checked senator sanders has not taking up that offer

I have no problem If you wait for the corporate rates expire.

You’ll be waiting a long time

Dems can raise them the same way Republicans lowered them
Reconciliation

They should definitely do that.
They should promise to do that in their 2018 and 2020 campaigns.
Start buying ads now!!!

I have a relative who's been with Walmart for 15yrs. In March, she'll be receiving a hefty bonus and pay raise. She's very excited about it. So good on Walmart and the President. :thup:
not bad after 15 years Why are so many walmart people on medicade ? ,,Walmart wasn't paying them enough for them to get health care

not bad after 15 years Why are so many walmart people on medicade ? ,,Walmart wasn't paying them enough for them to get health care

She's pretty excited about it. Only you hateful Democrat wingnuts are upset about it. You've allowed your petty hate for Trump to consume you. You're no longer thinking rationally.

I have no problem If you wait for the corporate rates expire.

You’ll be waiting a long time

Dems can raise them the same way Republicans lowered them
Reconciliation

They should definitely do that.
They should promise to do that in their 2018 and 2020 campaigns.
Start buying ads now!!!

ad;

Trump tax cut adds $1.5 TRILLION THE THE NATIONAL DEBT..

buying ad now

the losers - et al

Richard Davis says:

November 3rd, 2017 at 3:57 pm (#)

My wife and I are both over 65, retired, only income is from Social Security and pensions. Our taxes will go up 154% in 2018, due to losing the deduction for out of pocket medical expenses. My wife is in long term nursing home care with Alzheimer’s disease. My out of pocket costs for her nursing home care and prescription drugs in 2018 will be $99,000. Without that deduction (less the 10% of our AGI) our combined federal and state taxes will increase 154%.

Dan says:

November 3rd, 2017 at 3:35 pm (#)

I am a CPA, and I have read part of the bill. The changes are vast to the tax code. Someone commented above about losing child credits. The good news is that the phase-out increases from 110K to $230K as I read it. The bad news for small businesses is what the bill does to self-employment income. S Corporation owners are going to get crucified. A portion, or possibly all, of your taxable profit is going to be thrown into self-employment earnings. That is an extra 15.3% tax on that money. Yup. That is in the bill. Look it up. Search the bill for section 1402(a). That is the self-employment income definition section. They are radically changing it. ANY SMALL BUSINESS OWNER THAT SWITCHED TO AN S-CORP TO AVOID THIS TAX IS IN FOR AN AWAKENING. This is bad.

Money Help Center says:

November 16th, 2017 at 9:29 pm (#)

Unfortunately, the House version repeals the deduction for state and local income taxes (SALT) paid and limits property tax deduction to $10,000. For high tax states such as New Jersey you will lose your state tax deduction which may be significant. In essence you are now paying a tax on a tax.

and the beat goes on ..
hope mr davis didn't vote for trump

Why are so many walmart people on medicade ?

If they weren't working at Walmart would fewer of them be on Medicaid, or more?

Forum List

Back