🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

First Paycheck Since the New Tax Rates Were Enacted

Debbie Wasserman Schultz just now: "I'm not sure that $1,000 goes very far for anyone."

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?
You're getting peanuts next to Trump and his rich cronies. The American people are smart enough to know this. Obviously you're not.

We pay peanuts compared to Trump and his rich cronies.

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?
How many years can you count on that income?
vote Trump in 2020 and he'll pass it again.
Vote Republican 2018.
They'll keep passing the damn bill you keep voting them in.
I am voting blue.

Let's be real, Democrats want more Americans living in poverty.
Your lies are more absurd than all the thousands of Trump's lies put together.
Democrats are the only party that advocate for the poor.
40 years of evidence is at your fingertips.
Then why do you punish those who pull themselves out of poverty? Why do you create regulation that prevents people from supporting themselves?
you mean not wanting to raise minimum pay like repubs wanted?

Raising minimum wage has never lifted anyone out of poverty
We are merely letting the market make better Capitalists, by eliminating low wage jobs.

so how are these new pay check raises going to effect w2's in april, then a year later the next april ...

so how are these new pay check raises going to effect w2's in april

Say what ??? You never had a job have you?.

You need to petition your state to rework their tax laws.

Their has never been a mandate that the federal government is required to subsidize state taxes with by allowing SALT deductions.

Right now under current law my taxable income on my state return will go up 8K for the 2018 filing year. Our governor and legislative leaders are saying they will fix that this summer.

Hard to do when state budgets have already been established
Supposedly, the Trump cutting of state tax deductions will result in a 7.5% reduction in the value of real estate in my state

Trump is going to save you 7.5% on your state property taxes? Congrats!
I didn't say my assessment went down

You're getting screwed on property taxes and on your assessment?
Typical blue state.
I'm getting screwed on my Trump taxes

No you are not your finally paying YOUR fare share to the feds .

Last edited:
Your lies are more absurd than all the thousands of Trump's lies put together.
Democrats are the only party that advocate for the poor.
40 years of evidence is at your fingertips.
and just who are the ones that benefit most from this tax scheme? Trump and his friends while repubs dance around their scraps Yes the repub deficit hawks just tacked on 1.5 trillion for their kids to pay

I have a relative who's been with Walmart for 15yrs. In March, she'll be receiving a hefty bonus and pay raise. She's very excited about it. So good on Walmart and the President. :thup:
15 years and she is finally receiving a bonus

That is insulting

She's received numerous pay raises and bonuses in the past. And she's very excited about this. Only hateful Democrat wingnuts seem to be upset about it.
I am very happy for her

But that 50 percent cut in corporate taxes will be in effect EVERY year
Can she now expect a bonus every year or will she wait another 15 years?

She's received quarterly bonuses her entire 15yrs at Walmart. And those bonuses will continue. But this bonus in March is something she didn't expect. So she is pretty happy about it. Y'all haters gotta chill on your hate. It's petty and irrational.

and just who are the ones that benefit most from this tax scheme? Trump and his friends while repubs dance around their scraps Yes the repub deficit hawks just tacked on 1.5 trillion for their kids to pay

I have a relative who's been with Walmart for 15yrs. In March, she'll be receiving a hefty bonus and pay raise. She's very excited about it. So good on Walmart and the President. :thup:

That is insulting

She's received numerous pay raises and bonuses in the past. And she's very excited about this. Only hateful Democrat wingnuts seem to be upset about it.
I am very happy for her

She's received quarterly bonuses her entire 15yrs at Walmart. And those bonuses will continue. But this bonus in March is something she didn't expect. So she is pretty happy about it. Y'all haters gotta chill on your hate. It's petty and irrational.
...as was the "crumbs" comment from Nancy (I'm worth a hundred million dollars) Pelosi.

The Dems and other dimwitted liberals are just bent out of shape because the Trump tax plan has boosted the economy in many ways. They can't stand the fact that he is doing a great job despite the resistance of libs, RINOs and the fake news machine.

How many years can you count on that income?
i wish our statist govt would legalize prostitution so you can finally get laid

They actually should, but for other reasons then Dan getting laid!

That is insulting

I am very happy for her

how many small businesses did wally mart put out of business?

That is insulting

I am very happy for her

It’s called the free market

That is insulting

I am very happy for her

Only the ones with higher prices and worse selections............

That is insulting

I am very happy for her

Why didn't you and your friends shop at those small business , instead of buying cheap crap from walmart?

You ever notice the people that health care didn't go up or get a raise is the lefties on here?

Lol

They don't work ..

26 fucking pages of people arguing over whether you got more money or not. It's fucking hilarious.

Forum List

Back