First satelite imagery of attack

There is literally video and still shots showing the damage now including the ruins of airplanes in "hardened bunkers."

Nope. There is one picture circulating around that shows a single destroyed Mig-23. There are several videos of the airbase showing zero destroyed aircraft.

There is literally video and still shots showing the damage now including the ruins of airplanes in "hardened bunkers."

Nope. There is one picture circulating around that shows a single destroyed Mig-23. There are several videos of the airbase showing zero destroyed aircraft.

Wrong...there is a long video and several pictures showing several heavily damaged "hardened bunkers" with ruins in...but of course that doesn't fit your agenda.

Of course last night you said that the missiles would do ZERO damage to these bunkers.

Of course last night you said that the missiles would do ZERO damage to these bunkers.

Actually I said half a dozen missiles could destroy a hardened aircraft shelter.

At least 20 aircraft destroyed. Many hangers and bunkers destroyed.

Where's the proof. The only video evidence disproves that claim entirely. No drone footage from the pentagon, despite having a drone looking at the airfield pre-strike.

The pentagon also reported two whole air squadrons, so now they are claiming every aircraft was killed. That sounds bullshit.

You're seeing what you want to see, even if it's coming from the Russians dangling big juicy bait in front of you to bite. While ignoring everything else. Bunkers were hit, planes destroyed, message was sent, which was clearly the intended message. If it had been otherwise, bunker busters would have been used on the bunkers.

You want to see complete failure by the standards you are imposing. When those standards are not the goal posts here.

A visual guide to the US missile strikes on a Syrian airbase

How much damage did they cause?
Moscow was told of the strikes in advance, and no Russian forces or equipment were hit in the strike. There were reports that senior Syrian officers also evacuated the base.

The Pentagon said its missiles had targeted aircraft, shelters, fuel storage and other logistics buildings, air defence systems, radars and ammunition supply bunkers. The attack was said to be over in a couple of minutes.

Syria’s military said seven people were killed and several wounded. Six Syrian air force planes undergoing repairs at the base were destroyed, but the runways were undamaged, the Russian defence ministry said after the attack.

The attack planners took care to avoid hitting suspected chemical weapons stores on the base, the US national security adviser, HR McMaster, said.

Will the airstrikes affect Syrian military capacity?
The actual damage caused by the airstrikes seems to be relatively limited – it appears to be a warning over the use of chemical weapons rather than an attempt to scale back or disable Syrian air capacity.

The Syrian government controls over a dozen airbases, and has a large fleet of planes and helicopters, even after years of war. It also has the backing of the Russian military and its air force.

On Friday Moscow promised to help bolster Syrian air defences, “to protect Syria’s most sensitive infrastructure” and presumably deter any future strikes.

The US Navy used their new Nerf Cruise Missile, fun to fire, fun to watch but does no damage.

AM i the only one not impressed with Syrian Air bases ? Pretty lame ! It's like they put the planes in mud huts !?

AM i the only one not impressed with Syrian Air bases ? Pretty lame ! It's like they put the planes in mud huts !?

I don't know what you were looking at but that was at least 15 feet of reinforced concrete in an arched form. It's a bunker, designed to take these exact type of hits.

"The official noted that up to 20 Syrian aircraft were destroyed in Thursday's airstrikes but added that the missiles did not no target every aircraft at the base and that the runway was untouched."

Syrian jets take off from air base hit by US

Initial reports indicate Syrian airbase 'almost completely destroyed' after US strike

Two Syrian jets took off today from the air base that was hit by U.S. missiles and carried out strikes on areas under ISIS control in the countryside of eastern Homs, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

The Syrian government responded to Thursday night's U.S. strike on its Shaayrat air base by quickly fixing the base and allowing the two planes to take off from there, the human rights organization said.

A U.S. official said Syrian planes took off from the base today but did not confirm the action taken by the plane.

The official noted that up to 20 Syrian aircraft were destroyed in Thursday's airstrikes but added that the missiles did not no target every aircraft at the base and that the runway was untouched.

Why did Russia report 6 aircraft were destroyed?
Actually they reported that 6 aircraft in for REPAIRS were destroyed, obviously they could not be moved to safety after Tramp warned Russia and Assad!

Initial reports indicate Syrian airbase 'almost completely destroyed' after US strike

Two Syrian jets took off today from the air base that was hit by U.S. missiles and carried out strikes on areas under ISIS control in the countryside of eastern Homs, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

The Syrian government responded to Thursday night's U.S. strike on its Shaayrat air base by quickly fixing the base and allowing the two planes to take off from there, the human rights organization said.

A U.S. official said Syrian planes took off from the base today but did not confirm the action taken by the plane.

The official noted that up to 20 Syrian aircraft were destroyed in Thursday's airstrikes but added that the missiles did not no target every aircraft at the base and that the runway was untouched.

Now look at the numbers... 20 aircraft at $100 MILLION each. $2 billion in damage, that will do a world of hurt.

"The official noted that up to 20 Syrian aircraft were destroyed in Thursday's airstrikes but added that the missiles did not no target every aircraft at the base and that the runway was untouched."

I've conceded that several under repair Mig-23 were destroyed. There is no evidence that 20 aircraft were destroyed, and the only photos I've actually seen show the wreckage of an Mig-23. Pentagon officials lie all the time so I have no reason to trust them (a consistent position I have held on this site).

Best case scenario they spent 100 million to destroy 10 million dollars in aircraft.

Now look at the numbers... 20 aircraft at $100 MILLION each. $2 billion in damage, that will do a world of hurt.

I guarantee you there were no aircraft destroyed worth 100 million. The wrecked standard Mig-23 plane I saw cost less than 2 million dollars to produce. :laugh2:

Cruise missiles have a "shelf-life". Either use em' up, refurbish for later or buy more.

That's your argument? That the missiles were going to expire in 20 years anyways, so it was okay to pound sand with them and cause an international incident? This was a 100 million dollar waste of time and resources. 2% of the US tomahawk missile arsenal used on one airbase, and not a single aircraft was destroyed!

The picture appears to show they hit what they wanted to hit (with great precision). They are in charge not me.

They took out all of the Sarin and VX that they knew about. Surgical strike..

Left wits don't know shit about shinola..

:laugh2: I guarantee you there were no aircraft destroyed worth 100 million. The wrecked standard Mig-23 planes I saw cost less than 2 million dollars to produce.

Yeah I overstated the price a bit, but there are MiG planes that cost up to $20 million each. We have no idea which ones they had there.

Cost of Fighter Aircraft in the Indian Air Force - Bharat Rakshak:Indian Air Force

Yeah I overstated the price a bit, but there are MiG planes that cost up to $20 million each. We have no idea which ones they had there.

Cost of Fighter Aircraft in the Indian Air Force - Bharat Rakshak:Indian Air Force

They are in possession of Mig-29 which are cost 11 million. The most expensive aircraft in the Syrian arsenal is the Su-24 fencer, which costs 20 million.

The only actual evidence of wrecked aircraft are standard Mig-23 fighter aircraft, which cost less than 2 million. It has a very prolific frame which is why I was able to identify it immediately. It also corroborates the claim that only 6 aircraft under repair were destroyed.

They are in possession of Mig-29 which are cost 11 million. The most expensive aircraft in the Syrian arsenal is the Su-24 fencer, which costs 20 million.

The only actual evidence of wrecked aircraft are standard Mig-23 fighter aircraft, which cost less than 2 million. It corroborates the claim that only 6 aircraft under repair were destroyed.

Your reports say one thing, real reports say close to 20 aircraft. Funny because less than an hour ago you said there was only proof of ONE aircraft being destroyed.

The only actual evidence of wrecked aircraft are standard Mig-23 fighter aircraft, which cost less than 2 million. It has a very prolific frame which is why I was able to identify it immediately. It also corroborates the claim that only 6 aircraft under repair were destroyed.

Again, reports say 20-26 planes were destroyed using "several" sources.

US Missile Strike May Have Taken Out 20 to 26 Syrian Aircraft

Forum List

Back