Fiscal Cliff Deal Reached: White House, Hill Leaders Agree To Delay Sequester

House votes to vote on H.R. 8 (got to love how this stuff works)
10 nays from whom I don't know

On the vote to on agreeing to the rosolution Scott and Cohen also spoke for the vote. None of the 10 who voted nay spoke.

Well, well, Issa is not voting for the bill. On January 1st he says the spending cuts has not happened. Wonder what he has been doing all this time to that ends.

How about we work on spending now, right now? We have had 4 years of the biggest peacetime deficit spending ever. It has done nothing. Our growth rate is about 2% and effectively nothing. Our debt piles up, creating an incredible hazard. In order to get the economy growing we need to cut spending. We dont need to raise taxes. Tax revenue is already the highest it's been in 6 years. It's the spending, stupid.

There is nothing in the bill that forbids fixing problems in the days and months coming. Just as there was nothing forbidding fixing problems the years leading up to this day or from even not passing such legislation in the first place.

Once Obama gets his tax hikes, there won't be any spending cuts. Haven't you paid attention for the last 30 years?

Yes, Buffet and the Hollywood types did say they were willing to pay higher taxes. Yet, Buffet helped the estate of a large investor avoid taxes recently and the Senate Bill includes a quarter $Billion of tax breaks for Hollywood.

Yay Hypocrites!

Show me anyone rich who doesn't do the same. For that matter show me anyone who has walked into HnR Block and declared. "Someone here show me how to may a heck of a lot of taxes."

The difference is between the people who are willing to let the rules change and those who are not.

Most rich people don't go running around whining that they aren't paying enough taxes, so what they do is irrelevant.

Buffet is the world's biggest hypocrite.

Yes, Buffet and the Hollywood types did say they were willing to pay higher taxes. Yet, Buffet helped the estate of a large investor avoid taxes recently and the Senate Bill includes a quarter $Billion of tax breaks for Hollywood.

Yay Hypocrites!

Show me anyone rich who doesn't do the same. For that matter show me anyone who has walked into HnR Block and declared. "Someone here show me how to may a heck of a lot of taxes."

The difference is between the people who are willing to let the rules change and those who are not.

Most rich people don't go running around whining that they aren't paying enough taxes, so what they do is irrelevant.

Buffet is a hypocrite if a law is passed that tax is owed on a given revenue and he finds an illegal way not to pay it.

Who is really going to be punished if H.R. 8 does not pass. Who are going to be punished are those who have let the rich run this country for so many years. Is it poetic justice? Perhaps.

How do "the rich" run this country? Wasn't Obama re-elected? Do you think the rich voted for Obama?

I am referring to the overall government. One that was not built in a day.

Do you have any idea WTF you're talking about or are you just mouthing OWS slogans?

To what ends? We can work on spending when our economy is growing or we can work on it when we are going down. Every try putting out a forest fire when your boot are on fire?

How about we work on spending now, right now? We have had 4 years of the biggest peacetime deficit spending ever. It has done nothing. Our growth rate is about 2% and effectively nothing. Our debt piles up, creating an incredible hazard. In order to get the economy growing we need to cut spending. We dont need to raise taxes. Tax revenue is already the highest it's been in 6 years. It's the spending, stupid.

There is nothing in the bill that forbids fixing problems in the days and months coming. Just as there was nothing forbidding fixing problems the years leading up to this day or from even not passing such legislation in the first place.

There is nothing forbidden an object that someone lets go from dropping and hitting the floor. But it's going to happen anyway.
If they don't address this now, they will never address it until it's too late. We should have addressed this months if not years ago.

Buffet is a hypocrite if a law is passed that tax is owed on a given revenue and he finds an illegal way not to pay it.

If buffet says people in his income bracket should pay 'X' and he doesn't pay it, then he is a hypocrite.

Blumenauer (D) sure blasted the bill. I did not get whether is specifically not voting for it. Since he voted for not bringing it to a vote in the first place I would guess he is not voting for it. (He was wearing a small, green bicycle pin on his lapel.)

I am referring to the overall government. One that was not built in a day.

Do you have any idea WTF you're talking about or are you just mouthing OWS slogans?

Maybe I am a member of the Tea Party. What's the difference?

I dont recall the Tea Party claiming "the rich" ran this country.

And if you don't know whether you're a member of the Tea Party or OWS then you are hopelessly stupid. Actually you're hopelessly stupid anyway.
Remind me how the rich people elected Obama and a Democratic Senate.

Moran (D) blasted the bill. Looks like another vote not being case for it. Also voted on not bringing it to a vote.

And if you don't know whether you're a member of the Tea Party or OWS then you are hopelessly stupid. Actually you're hopelessly stupid anyway.

Excellent point. Thanks.

Excellent point. Thanks.
Thanks. No problem. Next time you get confused and think something stupid I'll be happy to set you straight.

Forum List

Back