🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Five reasons to own an A-15 type rifle

I've shot up mobs of feral goats with a BRNO small ring Mauser. It is more than enough if one knows what one's doing....
Awesome. Both that you "shot up mobs of feral goats with a BRNO small ring Mauser" and that you don't know the difference between goats and hogs.

My M-16 worked fine I never missed anything out to 300m. I only had a couple of jams all I did was SPORTS and cleared it right up.
I've heard this from younger vets. It appears our government fixed the problems of earlier models like the M-16A1. Of these later models, which did you use?

M16 rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
300px-M16a1m16a2m4m16a45wi.jpg

As for the 5.56MM/.223 round, I still favor the 7.62x39MM for aforementioned reasons.

So there should have been Americans on those planes with AR-15s to shoot them when they started to hijack the planes? What fucking planet are you logging on from?

No they should have been shot by soldiers long before they ever got near a jet. Vote Trump

You better talk to some of your buddies who say the Terror Watch List and No-Fly Lists are unconstitutional. No one will know who they are or have the ability to stop them if the gun nuts get their way.

Um ya know, you um might be um right

That had absolutely nothing to do with my post.

Ya know, you um might um be you know um right

You never know when you will be without a knife, but you can rely on that AR-15 you carry 24/7(you love it more than your spouse), to open that pesky melon..
An AR-15 is one of the most inaccurate guns made. However since it was designed as a machine gun and dweebled down to what it is now, this is understandable
My M-16 in the Army sucked, I would have preferred to have my Browning .22 auto rifle with a barrel bullet stash..
My M-16 worked fine I never missed anything out to 300m. I only had a couple of jams all I did was SPORTS and cleared it right up.
So you could hit a barn at 900 feet, big whoop M-16 rifles were not even made to be highly accurate, no short barrel rifle is

You never know when you will be without a knife, but you can rely on that AR-15 you carry 24/7(you love it more than your spouse), to open that pesky melon..
An AR-15 is one of the most inaccurate guns made. However since it was designed as a machine gun and dweebled down to what it is now, this is understandable
My M-16 in the Army sucked, I would have preferred to have my Browning .22 auto rifle with a barrel bullet stash..
So you could hit a barn at 900 feet, big whoop M-16 rifles were not even made to be highly accurate, no short barrel rifle is
The Truth About Barrel Length, Muzzle Velocity and Accuracy - The Truth About Guns

The Truth About Barrel Length, Muzzle Velocity and Accuracy - The Truth About Guns
This is a real sniper rifle, not a civilian waste of money fake assault rifle.
Barret_M82_DA-ST-92-07336.jpg

Modern Firearms - Barrett M82

....allow me to rephrase. It's much less likely for a double barrel shotgun to malfunction than it is for a semi to malfunction. Further, a semi will malfunction under conditions which will not affect a double barrel.
That's a less liberally exuberant, less emotional and a more factual statement even though it lacks data. Statements like "much less", "much more", "many", etc are opinion not fact.

Mechanically, the less complicated the mechanics, the "much less likely" for a malfunction, but as previous discussions on various models of the M-16 have shown, it depends on specifics. Data. Facts. Not bullshit opinions, emotions or political agendas.

As you already know, assault rifles (note not the bullshit "assault weapons" label) were never meant to be battle rifles.

I could constantly hit a man-sized target at 700 yards with the M-14. It was a 50/50 toss up at 500 yards whether I'd hit with the M16A1. It's more the round than the rifle IMO.

The distance/round facts are one reason why I have bolt action "military rifles" (which Democrats want to ban) like the Mosin-Nagant and Zastava M48. Longer reach, doncha know....but for <300 yards (mostly 100 yards), I like an "assault weapon". Specifically, a semi-automatic, magazine-fed rifle in the .30+ range.

They were man sized targets not barns.The barrel on the standard issue I fired was 20in. its around the same length as its .223 hunting rifle counter parts.

This is a real sniper rifle, not a civilian waste of money fake assault rifle.
Barret_M82_DA-ST-92-07336.jpg

Modern Firearms - Barrett M82
I know a shop outside of New Orleans that sell those if you got the 10 grand to plop down on one thats minus the scope.

I've heard this from younger vets. It appears our government fixed the problems of earlier models like the M-16A1. Of these later models, which did you use?

As for the 5.56MM/.223 round, I still favor the 7.62x39MM for aforementioned reasons.
I fired the M16A3 in the Army they did start issuing the A4 version after I joined up but I never fired one. No one who takes care of their weapon should have any issues. I was never a "young" soldier. I joined up at 26 and turned 27 in basic.

I fired the M16A3 in the Army they did start issuing the A4 version after I joined up but I never fired one. No one who takes care of their weapon should have any issues. I was never a "young" soldier. I joined up at 26 and turned 27 in basic.

Just don't get any mud in it, then it jamms...............

Keep your ejection port cover closed when not firing.

Buy an AK and don't worry about cleaning it or dropping it in the mud. ;)

OTOH, an AR-10 can be real useful for "long distance calling". :D

2wdzeo7.jpg

Tell that to soldiers wading thru the mud for their lives

5 Reasonable Reasons To Own An "Assault Weapon" However the most important reason always, the enemy will try to restrict your ability to defend yourself, and you should not give them the opportunity
View attachment 79577 View attachment 79578 View attachment 79580 View attachment 79581 View attachment 79582
Threatening the President is a crime.................Just so you know

Plutonium dirty bomb............That gets this post picked up automatically by the NSA.

CIAO

5 Reasonable Reasons To Own An "Assault Weapon" However the most important reason always, the enemy will try to restrict your ability to defend yourself, and you should not give them the opportunity
View attachment 79577 View attachment 79578 View attachment 79580 View attachment 79581 View attachment 79582

Plutonium dirty bomb............That gets this post picked up automatically by the NSA.

CIAO
I was referring to a defensive use.

CIAO
The NSA will determine what you meant, then pass the info along.

CIAO

CIAO
The NSA will determine what you meant, then pass the info along.

CIAO
Those fuckers have had my name for decades. I need to add some crosshairs.

Forum List

Back