Fixing Inequality

Oh sure there are tons of jobs everywhere. Do you pay attention to the unemployment rate or the lack of growth in our economy? Please back up what you saying with something that at least resembles a statistic. Till you do your really just posting a lot of nothing.

spoon is correct in stating that there are plenty of IT jobs in the US.
What he omits is that 95% of these jobs have been given to low wage Indian H1-Bs.

I'd ask for proof of that figure but I know from past experience you are merely lying.

The Conservative argument...
Fewer jobs due to automation.

Then why are the quotas for Business-Visas, and, in specific H1-Bs, skyrocketing every year?

Immigration Reform...
S744...
HR2131
Indicates current quotas with a BOTTOM annual threshold of 80K.
The BOTTOM proposal is 160K across 10 professions, INCLUDING physicians!

Tell me we need, accumulating since post-9/11, 3+ million Indian computer programmers and IT morons when millions of Americans are unemployed.

The bottom line is that this low wage, compliant labor is GOOOOOOD for your portfolio.

I don't think it's about determining how much wealth should be allowable. I think people should be able to get as rich as they can. But if somebody is getting incredibly rich they should be filtering some of that down to those below them. Look at how huge and profitable Walmart is. But they pay employees so little that many of them qualify for food stamps. And meanwhile executives are making huge sums of money. CEO's now make 354 times that of the average worker:
CEOs earn 354 times more than average worker - Apr. 15, 2013
In 1980 it was 42 times the average worker. Now do you think CEO's are working that much harder now? Something seems rigged to me.

Government is covering for all the low wages and poor benefits companies are paying. This is how we got obamacare. This is why food stamps are growing so fast. Government is growing while the rich profit.

So I think you use the tax system and give great breaks for companies that are giving good wages and benefits. If they aren't then well let them pay lots of taxes.

I used to believe in trickle down economics, but now I've had years to see it not work. The very rich need an incentive to do the right thing. The only incentive I can think of is taxes.

Another "I used to be a Republican" retard. I dont believe for a second you have been anything other than a clueless leftist (tautology I know).
It doesnt matter how hard or not hard CEOs work. They dont have to justify their salaries and benefits to anyone but their boards. It doesnt matter how much or how little they pay workers. They dont have to justify their pay to anyone but their boards. If the pay is too low, no one will work for it. The fact that people are lined up to take jobs at WalMart tells you they are offering decent (and dependable) wages.
It isn't any of your business. Understand that.

Yes we get it. Republicans are for the rich and you don't care how much it hurts the country, economy and people. You just keep ignoring common sense and all the stats that prove it slows the economy, leads to higher health and social problems, limits upward mobility.... Yes you just care that the rich get richer and the middle class becomes poor. I guess this all explains how Obama won twice, go figure.

Are the following rich people republicans? Oprah, Baldwin, streisand, gates, pelosi, reid, obama, sean penn, sarandon.

"republicans for the rich" that is just fricken stupid. Both parties are for the rich in their party. the difference is that the dems want the rest of us on govt handouts and the pubs want the rest of us working.

Another "I used to be a Republican" retard. I dont believe for a second you have been anything other than a clueless leftist (tautology I know).
It doesnt matter how hard or not hard CEOs work. They dont have to justify their salaries and benefits to anyone but their boards. It doesnt matter how much or how little they pay workers. They dont have to justify their pay to anyone but their boards. If the pay is too low, no one will work for it. The fact that people are lined up to take jobs at WalMart tells you they are offering decent (and dependable) wages.

Yes we get it. Republicans are for the rich and you don't care how much it hurts the country, economy and people. You just keep ignoring common sense and all the stats that prove it slows the economy, leads to higher health and social problems, limits upward mobility.... Yes you just care that the rich get richer and the middle class becomes poor. I guess this all explains how Obama won twice, go figure.

Are the following rich people republicans? Oprah, Baldwin, streisand, gates, pelosi, reid, obama, sean penn, sarandon.

"republicans for the rich" that is just fricken stupid. Both parties are for the rich in their party. the difference is that the dems want the rest of us on govt handouts and the pubs want the rest of us working.

They want the rest of us working for next to nothing.

I don't think it's about determining how much wealth should be allowable. I think people should be able to get as rich as they can. But if somebody is getting incredibly rich they should be filtering some of that down to those below them. Look at how huge and profitable Walmart is. But they pay employees so little that many of them qualify for food stamps. And meanwhile executives are making huge sums of money. CEO's now make 354 times that of the average worker:
CEOs earn 354 times more than average worker - Apr. 15, 2013
In 1980 it was 42 times the average worker. Now do you think CEO's are working that much harder now? Something seems rigged to me.

Government is covering for all the low wages and poor benefits companies are paying. This is how we got obamacare. This is why food stamps are growing so fast. Government is growing while the rich profit.

So I think you use the tax system and give great breaks for companies that are giving good wages and benefits. If they aren't then well let them pay lots of taxes.

I used to believe in trickle down economics, but now I've had years to see it not work. The very rich need an incentive to do the right thing. The only incentive I can think of is taxes.

You keep asserting it hurts the country but fail to provide any proof to that effect. How is that A makes more money and hurts B in the process?

spoon is correct in stating that there are plenty of IT jobs in the US.
What he omits is that 95% of these jobs have been given to low wage Indian H1-Bs.

I'd ask for proof of that figure but I know from past experience you are merely lying.

Then why are the quotas for Business-Visas, and, in specific H1-Bs, skyrocketing every year?

Immigration Reform...
S744...
HR2131

Tell me we need, accumulating since post-9/11, 3+ million Indian computer programmers and IT morons when millions of Americans are unemployed.

The bottom line is that this low wage, compliant labor is GOOOOOOD for your portfolio.

You have failed to provide proof for your assertion that 95% of tech jobs go to Indians with visas.
Fail.

You keep asserting it hurts the country but fail to provide any proof to that effect. How is that A makes more money and hurts B in the process?

Do you even read my posts? Use some of the links I have provided. They are filled with stats and graphs that you probably can't understand. But they show everything I am talking about.

Do you even read my posts? Use some of the links I have provided. They are filled with stats and graphs that you probably can't understand. But they show everything I am talking about.

You link to stories and opinion pieces by Robert Reich and the like that merely repeat what you say here without offering any proof.
Please explain how A making more money hurts B.

You link to stories and opinion pieces by Robert Reich and the like that merely repeat what you say here without offering any proof.
Please explain how A making more money hurts B.

You are so slow it hurts. Here is the link again:
This Is How Income Inequality Destroys Societies - Business Insider

Look at the graphs. Those aren't opinions dumb dumb. Those are stats.

Well reading and understanding stats clearly isn't your strong point. Try a movie:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ7LzE3u7Bw]Richard Wilkinson: How economic inequality harms societies - YouTube[/ame]

Immigration Reform...
S744...
HR2131

You have failed to provide proof for your assertion that 95% of tech jobs go to Indians with visas.
Fail.

So you didn't read the proposed legislation which includes the number of H1-Bs already here?
By the way, chump, the next time you go to one of your synagogue meetings, ask your fellow alta kakas for a list of their children and grandchildren in the IT field.
The list will be REAL short.

When's the last time you called IT support?
95% of MS, IBM and Oracle are Indian H1-Bs.

And please explain why over 3 million Indian H1-Bs are in the US.

You're so stupid you're beyond stupid.

FAIL!

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. You lose.

It seems your the one only offering opinions. Bring something to the table or your posting nothing. Seems your whole side posts nothing. Go figure. Common sense should tell you it's bad, all the studies and data prove it.

Immigration Reform...
S744...
HR2131

Fail.

So you didn't read the proposed legislation which includes the number of H1-Bs already here?
By the way, chump, the next time you go to one of your synagogue meetings, ask your fellow alta kakas for a list of their children and grandchildren in the IT field.

FAIL!

You fail to support your ridiculous assertion and you call me stupid?
I can think of 5 friends and relatives off the bat who are in IT. That's without even taking much time. None of them are Indian, btw.

It seems your the one only offering opinions. Bring something to the table or your posting nothing. Seems your whole side posts nothing. Go figure. Common sense should tell you it's bad, all the studies and data prove it.

So when I point out the fallacy of your argument your next assertion is "It's common sense."
If it's common sense then please explain how A making more money hurts B.

So when I point out the fallacy of your argument your next assertion is "It's common sense."

Actually you offered nothing. You haven't disputed a single stat, nor have you come up with an intelligent thought. You just keep giving opinion.

Fail.

FAIL!

I can think of 5 friends and relatives off the bat who are in IT. That's without even taking much time. None of them are Indian, btw.

I know about 5 people in IT also...In my two shuls.
Two c++ programmers and 3 guys who do router work.
Out of about 1,500 families.

The rest have been excoriated from the market years ago.
These 5 are scared sh!tless.

I also know dozens of people with MBAs who do IT work as part of their financial duties, but that doesn't count since MBAs rarely fire each other for cheaper labor.

Now back to that 3 million and growing number, which of course, you won't discuss.
You must live in a VERY small community.

The best thing the government can do is abandon it's pro-corporate "low inflation" philosophy and adopt a pro-worker "full employment" philosophy. That should be apparent to everyone, but for some reason it isn't.

"The proletariat will use its political supremacy to wrest, by degree, all capital from the bourgeoisie, to centralize all instruments of production in the hands of the state…"

Communist Manifesto

Actually you offered nothing. You haven't disputed a single stat, nor have you come up with an intelligent thought. You just keep giving opinion.
You clearly don't know the difference. I disproved the premise of the entire article.
So please tell me how A making more money hurts B.

FAIL!

I know about 5 people in IT also...In my two shuls.
Two c++ programmers and 3 guys who do router work.
Out of about 1,500 families.

The rest have been excoriated from the market years ago.
These 5 are scared sh!tless.

I also know dozens of people with MBAs who do IT work as part of their financial duties, but that doesn't count since MBAs rarely fire each other for cheaper labor.

Now back to that 3 million and growing number, which of course, you won't discuss.
You must live in a VERY small community.

I'm still waiting for proof for your absurd assertion. The existence of visas is not it.
And I dont believe for a second you are even Jewish. Jewish people are not that stupid. Even if 85% of them voted for Obama last election.

Forum List

Back