Flights into Israel resumed!

It was me------I called Barack and DEMANDED a resumption of the fights-----I told him-----

******* I AM A JEWESS!!! ******* he said----"oh---ok ---so I have to do it"

Roudy!

I've seen some of your posts and I was wondering what your response would be to this? My friend is against israel and is claiming they were nomads when they came into palestine in 1948...

"Nomad: 1st meaning from Webster's dictionary: a member of a people who have no fixed residence.

Balfour agreement of 1917, the united States she's that the creation of the state of Israel would be an idea they support. 1948, expiration of the Palestine mandate to the state of Palestine from the British, who opposed a Jewish or Arab state.

At the end of 1947 Truman supports UN resolution 181 and the creation of an independent Israeli state.

So up until 1948, no country; no state of Israel. Maybe a biblical idea of the "nation" of Israel.

Therefore, a non-centralized group that has fled from one country to another, and did not have a "home" of their own until the mid 20th century C.E is in fact suitable to be defined as nomadic."

My automatic response was this, although I'm not sure if it's a very good argument, please advise!!

In response:: "History doesn’t begin in 1917, it starts way before that. Your use of the term “nomadic” negates the fact that these Jews were returning to their historic homeland. Jews have lived in the land now called Israel for nearly 4000 years, tracing back to 1900 BCE. Judaism made Jerusalem a holy city thousands of years ago. The story of the Jewish people, Israel, its capital, Jerusalem, and the Jewish Temple is ancient. They do indeed have a home, and it's a home where many of them have been displaced by brutal foreign conquerors. Despite being exiled, Jews have always returned and resumed their presence throughout the millennia, whether flourishing or as a minority.
The cultural memory and desire of a land these people have doesn't just magically appear without having strong historical ties or previous residency. Just because “Israel” wasn't on a map before 1948 doesn't mean that it wasn’t existent, it has always existed."

DTB7 I think that the definition of nomad ---MORE specifically refers to persons who GENERALLY
have no fixed home-----as in ABODE which is somewhat permanent----like a wood or brick house.
It is a life style which involves incessant movement with living arrangements which are adaptable
to moving about as a lifestyle-----like tents or yurts. Jews have moved about as a matter of
being something like refugees from oppression but they have not chosen --in general---a pick up and
go ---way of life as to many gypsies in the USA or Europe------or like that which characterized the
life styles of some American Indians. In ancient times---the term "Ishmaelite" referred to
desert nomads----who are illiterate and---in general---criminal It is in the bible and Talmud
as such. The Bedouins whether of Arabia or ---today's Jordan or Israel or Egypt----were ---at least
until very recently ---nomads. To some extent that life style relates to the fact that sheep---
destroy grasslands and always need new munching grounds I think the YURT dwellers of
Mongolia are also nomads

FAA just announced all international flights into Israel to be resumed. :clap2: :eusa_clap:

THE END OF HAMAS IS IMMINENT! :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_whistle:

FAA announces that U.S. flights to and from Tel Aviv can resume - The Washington Post

The Federal Aviation Administration announced late Wednesday night that U.S. carriers were allowed to resume flights to and from Tel Aviv.

the US media is a funny thing

they make it sound like the rocket landed in a field by the airport

when actually it hit an Israeli home and injured its occupants

@irosi
right, so would it be incorrect to claim that at that time they were not nomads? im trying to make the point that they are not nomads because israel is their origin... perhaps im trying to make a point out of the wrong argument

@irosi
right, so would it be incorrect to claim that at that time they were not nomads? im trying to make the point that they are not nomads because israel is their origin... perhaps im trying to make a point out of the wrong argument

sorry I am no expert but being a NOMAD----ie have impermanent housing and moving about
lots is not a life style jews generally do by cultural preference-----IMHO---that fact is why they
are not nomads Also ----the nature of jewish culture is not at all adaptable to a nomadic lifestyle---
----for example---jews do not hunt animals for food and are utterly required to teach children to
read and write-------schools are considered an absolute necessity. The entire lifestyle determined
by religion----is just not adaptable to anything but community living. In fact to be an observant jewish family---it is virtually impossible to live out in the fields unattached to a community------Required
prayers REQUIRE a group---------I have no idea why anyone would describe jews as
"nomads" Maybe it refers to that WANDERING JEW concept which developed in early Christianity.

No question ----in early Christian Europe----most people were TIED TO THE LAND---by those
big castles ----with lots of serfs and a few artisans controlled by guilds-------Jews were not
involved in any of that stuff. They could not be serfs, could not own land and could not
belong to guilds-----all they could do was FREELANCE------which is why lots of jews were
involved in being something like traveling merchants. But a traveling merchant is not
exactly a nomad------it usually involves a fixed home somewhere for the family and long absences
for the merchant himself

yes, i like what you just wrote.

I believe his main argument is that 1948 created a nation for jews that were otherwise homeless..

there's just something about his entire argument that doesn't sit well with me and i don't know why

So much for Hamas' claim of a so-called 'Victory'.

Rather Phyrric and short-lived, as most sensible folk predicted.

Oh, I'm sure Hamas will try (and may even succeed) in closing the damned thing down again.

But the Israelis will make each such episode incredibly painful to the mad-dog Palestinians.

Oh, I'm sure Hamas will try (and may even succeed) in closing the damned thing down again.

But the Israelis will make each such episode incredibly painful to the mad-dog Palestinians.

Have some compassion------they were SOOO HAPPY-------sheeeesh -----not nice to
rub it in

(I was a little confused as to why tossing bombs around an airport leading to cessation
of use of that airport for awhile became SUCH A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT in the minds
of those poor idiots. The acted like they were the DODGERS and won
the WORLD SERIES against the Yankees)

Roudy!

I've seen some of your posts and I was wondering what your response would be to this? My friend is against israel and is claiming they were nomads when they came into palestine in 1948...

"Nomad: 1st meaning from Webster's dictionary: a member of a people who have no fixed residence.

Balfour agreement of 1917, the united States she's that the creation of the state of Israel would be an idea they support. 1948, expiration of the Palestine mandate to the state of Palestine from the British, who opposed a Jewish or Arab state.

At the end of 1947 Truman supports UN resolution 181 and the creation of an independent Israeli state.

So up until 1948, no country; no state of Israel. Maybe a biblical idea of the "nation" of Israel.

Therefore, a non-centralized group that has fled from one country to another, and did not have a "home" of their own until the mid 20th century C.E is in fact suitable to be defined as nomadic."

My automatic response was this, although I'm not sure if it's a very good argument, please advise!!

In response:: "History doesn’t begin in 1917, it starts way before that. Your use of the term “nomadic” negates the fact that these Jews were returning to their historic homeland. Jews have lived in the land now called Israel for nearly 4000 years, tracing back to 1900 BCE. Judaism made Jerusalem a holy city thousands of years ago. The story of the Jewish people, Israel, its capital, Jerusalem, and the Jewish Temple is ancient. They do indeed have a home, and it's a home where many of them have been displaced by brutal foreign conquerors. Despite being exiled, Jews have always returned and resumed their presence throughout the millennia, whether flourishing or as a minority.
The cultural memory and desire of a land these people have doesn't just magically appear without having strong historical ties or previous residency. Just because “Israel” wasn't on a map before 1948 doesn't mean that it wasn’t existent, it has always existed."
Your friend is quite ignorant. The nomads would be the Arabs who invaded and squatted from neighboring Arab lands.

Mandate For Palestine - The Legal Aspects of Jewish Rights

Yeah... I know... it's the Mean Streak in me, I guess.

Wassa madda with me... bursting their tiny little bubble like that?
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

rub it in

(I was a little confused as to why tossing bombs around an airport leading to cessation

Becasued Israel threatened to blast even more the heck out of Palestine if the FAA didn't resume flights. Blackmail. Any deaths now will be on Israel. Ruthless murderers.

rub it in

I just realized...
"Israel is overreacting!"

So the same rockets made the FAA and other nations overreact also!

There are 40 thousand Hamas fuckers in circulation. They're far from being exterminated. There is nothing short of genocide that will rid that tiny strip of land of the pestilence.

Forum List

Back