Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Flint threatens 8000 deadbeats with foreclosure for unpaid water bills

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
" Why cain't those stingy white people pay my bills. This ain't fair."

Flint puts 8,000 people on notice for tax liens for unpaid water bills

FLINT, Mich. —
Thousands of people in Flint are at risk of losing their homes to foreclosure if they don't pay up on their water bills. After recently putting out shut-off notices the city is now back to threatening tax liens on people's homes.

"I got scared, for probably the first time since this all started this actually scared me," said Melissa Mays, who is a mother and water activist who lives in Flint.

Mays received the notice in the mail Friday stating that she must pay nearly $900 by May 19 to avoid a lien being placed on her property.

The Mays Family is not alone. More than 8,000 people are also on the same notice. What gets them on this list is not paying a water bill for six months or more.

After May 19, for those who do not pay, a lengthy process begins which could end in foreclosure.
Mays now plans to go against what she believes and pay up so she can keep her family's home.

That last sentence is priceless.

"Mays now plans to go against what she believes and pay up so she can keep her family's home."

NBC believes people have a right to not pay their bills.!!!!

That last sentence is priceless.

"Mays now plans to go against what she believes and pay up so she can keep her family's home."

NBC believes people have a right to not pay their bills.!!!!

They cant pay the water bill but I bet they have cable TV and cell phones.

I think the water company will shut off their water or the bill will be added to their property taxes.

1. They're not going to lose their homes.

2. The water is poison.

The water is fine, you fool. All that talk about lead in the water was made up by the libs to give these deadbeats an excuse for not paying. THINK

Making shit up again? The water is most certainly NOT fine.

Why did they have the usage on the bills then?

swimming pools?

Probably flushing toilets or showering. I would bet there are still people drinking it because of a lack of alternatives.

But the water is corrosive, in addition to other contaminants, which leaches lead out of the old pipes. Lead poisoning, especially in children leads to mental retardation (much like the OP).

2. The water is poison.

The water is fine, you fool. All that talk about lead in the water was made up by the libs to give these deadbeats an excuse for not paying. THINK

swimming pools?

Probably flushing toilets or showering. I would bet there are still people drinking it because of a lack of alternatives.

But the water is corrosive, in addition to other contaminants, which leaches lead out of the old pipes. Lead poisoning, especially in children leads to mental retardation (much like the OP).

So they should pay for what they used right?

2. The water is poison.

swimming pools?

I would think so. But then, I would be a little bent out of shape to be paying full price for water I can't drink.

swimming pools?

I would think so. But then, I would be a little bent out of shape to be paying full price for water I can't drink.

agreed

i would like to see speedos drink a nice cool glass.....but i bet the puss would not show....

2. The water is poison.

swimming pools?
They drank the water and it killed them before they could turn off the spigot.
That's why they haven't paid the water bill. The water killed them.

Lead pipes in homes are not the water providers issue. While I do agree the city probably should have warned everyone about the change of water treatment as a heads up to cover their ass, the bottom line is once it leaves the main line the pipes become the responsibility of the home owner.

These folks want to play games, looking for an excuse to not pay their bills. They best watch it because the city can probably condemn their houses for being unsafe for habitation.

I suggest they take some responsibility and fix their shit.

Forum List

Back