Florida 'Antifa Hunter' Gets 3 Years After Threatening Black Candidate, Activist

Sure the guy deserves jail time but why does it only work one way? We see republicans threatened and assaulted every day and even the President of the United States is threatened but the incidents don't even make the current events forum.

The man is a terrorist.

Any man who would threaten to rape someone's child is the scum of the earth. He did it only because the person was black, running for office and didn't have the same views he has.

I'm sure that he will have a great time in prison with the rest of the criminals.

He should have gotten longer. These nuts and the Antifa nuts need to be put away on a remote island.
Sounds like he got (well deserved) exactly what the law allows him to get.

I would have put him in prison for a much longer time.
I would not. Reprehensible, he is without a doubt. Still, I would have the law and standard sentencing applied, less it be thrown out at higher court. Remember the old song "You can't always get what you want"? Truth from the Rolling Stones.

The law needs to be changed so that people who do this face long prison sentences.
I agree, I have never figured out why attempted murder is a lower crime than murder. Just because you fail, you should not get off with a lighter sentence.
Proving intent can be tenuous and open to debate, where as committing murder is an overt act as in "We have the motive which is murder and the body which is dead". The overt act has precedence. Otherwise you have loud mouths tried for murder over shooting off their mouth. Look at the people on here.

I'm suggesting we raise the level of punishment only. The burden of proof should remain the same. So, if you are convicted of attempted murder, which people are, the punishment should be longer and tougher. I don't think that rewarding failure in attempting a crime mitigates the sentence being shortened.

The man is a terrorist.

Any man who would threaten to rape someone's child is the scum of the earth. He did it only because the person was black, running for office and didn't have the same views he has.

I'm sure that he will have a great time in prison with the rest of the criminals.

He should have gotten longer. These nuts and the Antifa nuts need to be put away on a remote island.

I would not. Reprehensible, he is without a doubt. Still, I would have the law and standard sentencing applied, less it be thrown out at higher court. Remember the old song "You can't always get what you want"? Truth from the Rolling Stones.

The law needs to be changed so that people who do this face long prison sentences.
I agree, I have never figured out why attempted murder is a lower crime than murder. Just because you fail, you should not get off with a lighter sentence.
Proving intent can be tenuous and open to debate, where as committing murder is an overt act as in "We have the motive which is murder and the body which is dead". The overt act has precedence. Otherwise you have loud mouths tried for murder over shooting off their mouth. Look at the people on here.

I'm suggesting we raise the level of punishment only. The burden of proof should remain the same. So, if you are convicted of attempted murder, which people are, the punishment should be longer and tougher. I don't think that rewarding failure in attempting a crime mitigates the sentence being shortened.
I understand your point of view. Write your congressman or congresswoman. Recommend you consider and write the wording of the bill. Bear in mind, the trump administration, within the last year passed a criminal justice bill with the net effect of making sentencing and incarceration less not more, so expect resistance, right or wrong.

The man is a terrorist.

I understand your point of view. Write your congressman or congresswoman. Recommend you consider and write the wording of the bill. Bear in mind, the trump administration, within the last year passed a criminal justice bill with the net effect of making sentencing and incarceration less not more, so expect resistance, right or wrong.

That's why the two party system is a failure. Neither side is interested and so it is a dead issue.

The man is a terrorist.

It seems the man fancied himself a lion. The good news is, in prison, he'll be the gazelle. :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
The man is a terrorist.

It seems the man fancied himself a lion. The good new is, in prison, he'll be the gazelle. :auiqs.jpg:
Not sure. Suspect a person like that might fit right in and be with his kind of people.

The man is a terrorist.

It seems the man fancied himself a lion. The good new is, in prison, he'll be the gazelle. :auiqs.jpg:
Not sure. Suspect a person like that might fit right in and be with his kind of people.

It was in jest. He might be protected by the white supremacists/neo Nazis, but he'll still be looking over his shoulder the entire time.

Forum List

Back