🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida high school students stage second amendment support walkout

The PROBLEM is you fugnuts don't really want to simply stop a few crazies

How can you tell someone is crazy before they act crazy?

Ohhh, take a look at the latest asshole to shoot up a school. To claim that the government had no idea of what sort of monster they were dealing with is laughable based on what we actually do know. What we don't know would probably get some people in serious trouble when the Civil litigation comes down.

the NRA isn't hiding behind high school students to do it.
Not one single person in D.C. at the March was hiding. No one who has spoken on the issue since was hiding. No one is hiding. They let the kids tell the story on the stage during the March. The people supporting gun control are not in the least afraid to say so.
yea.

they're using the kids to push their narrative. i call that hiding cause they make no headway on their own so they *use* these kids to keep pushing how they feel about it.

if you're fine with it, great. i'd rather both sides quit being stubborn and find a middle ground. but the calls to ban semi automatic weapons and so forth are far from "common sense" approaches.
How about just banning military-style semiautomatic rifles like the AR? And a whole lot of other policy changes like tightening background checks and investing in research into what is causing such a lot of gun violence and what to do about it.
We gotta slow this train down.
Ban on assault weapons didn’t reduce violence

cause it didn't work last time. why will it now?

we have to look at ourselves and why we find so little value in human life. in germany 80 people went at it with machetes. in london, they kill more people than in new york.

it's not just us. it's an extreme time we live in and extreme measures seldom work as well as calming down to think about how we can cooperate for change.
You can't prove a negative, but as soon as the ban expired, the mass shooting rate and the number killed in mass shootings TRIPLED in the following year. The mass shooting rate had been climbing, which is why the ban was instituted. It didn't bring it down but it held it steady, it looks like. Without it, no one can "prove" what would have happened, but the shooting deaths after it was off certainly seems to be a pretty strong "coincidence," doesn't it?

Spreading continuous bullshit is your new aim?

The AR-15 was NOT an assault weapon and was never banned.

The mass shooting rate has been climbing? Actually I think you will find the opposite is true.

[
Fucking libs would object to having to dip one's finger in purple ink prior to voting. That's free to the voter.
Liberalism's survival depends heavily on illegal voting. That is the sole reason that libs oppose voter ID.

This is of course, true.

Now that a larger and larger number of black people (except the REALLY STUPID ONES) are finally realizing that the Democrat party has been using them and deceiving them, the Dems are turning to foreigners who don't know the Dems tactics.

Hence they MUST have practically open borders. Hence the Dem sponsored caravans of South American "New Democrat Voters"

It IS they only way they can ever remain in power....by destroying the nation. But what the fuck do they care?

The Cow Shit is yours. The spike in murders in London is knife crimes.

You just made my point genius.

Criminals will kill you WITHOUT GUNS.
Not Pulse Nightclub type kill you, they won't. Not Vegas type kill you, they won't. It is about risk reduction.

And we have seen that there is no risk reduction. Mexico has all the laws you want. and even more, 36,000 dead by real assault weapons. Paris, the same thing. 130 dead and every law you want and more is already on the books there. You folks need to realize that it ain't the weapon, it's the person.

Reasonable people understand that, the unreasonable types don't truly care about crime reduction, if they did they would actually do those things that we know will work, but they don't. They are politically motivated and only wish to see more power in the hands of government.

The same government that can't defend you, has no legal obligation to defend you, and in this latest case seemed hell bent on HELPING the asshole commit his crime.

Yes, I agree the 200,000 who marched on Washington were a sham. Paid for by billionaires who want to disarm the PEOPLE of the USA so they can finally control them and make them the peasants they want them to be.
Nope those people made sure to get out their on their own. Several of my co-workers went, and no billionaire even had to pay them! It's your imagination, you poor, frightened creep :itsok:

Really?

Celebrity and corporate support
Amal and George Clooney donated $500,000 to support the march and announced they would attend. Oprah Winfrey matched the Clooney donation to support the march.[34][35] Jeffrey Katzenberg and his wife Marilyn also contributed $500,000.[36] Film director and producer Steven Spielberg and actress Kate Capshaw Spielberg donated $500,000, also matching the donation of the Clooneys.[37] On February 23, Gucci announced they were also donating $500,000 towards the march.[38] Other people and organizations offering support have included Justin Bieber,[39] Gabby Giffords, Lauren Jauregui, Alyssa Milano, Moms Demand Action, Amy Schumer, St. Vincent, Harry Styles,[40] Hayley Williams,[41][42] Paul McCartney,[43] Kanye West, and Kim Kardashian.[44][45] John Legend and Chrissy Teigen donated $25,000.[46] Jimmy Fallon pledged to attend an event with his family.[47] Samantha Bee interviewed kids.[48] Jim Jefferies interviewed participants in San Diego.[49] Other celebrities including Taylor Swift have donated an undisclosed amount of money toward the campaign.[50]

James Corden promoted the March for Our Lives event.[51] John Zimmer and Logan Green, the co-founders of Lyft, announced their support of the rallies and stated that their company would provide free rides for those attending demonstrations.[52] Dating app Bumble CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd subsequently announced that they were supporting the NeverAgain movement by banning all images of firearms on their dating application.[53]

March for Our Lives - Wikipedia

And they left out Move on, Every Town and Planned Parenthood.

Peddle your propaganda elsewhere, the truth is out there.

You want to give us a list of folks who contribute to the NRA?
Why is it any less acceptable for a gun control group to have big $ support when it is perfectly alright with you for the NRA to have it and use it to influence legislation. Well, you're finally going to have a little pushback, is all.

You seriously cannot see the hypocrisy? Typical!
Why is it hypocritical to support with $ a cause that you believe in?
No, I see no hypocrisy in that at all.

Providing funding for high school students (and very few of them at that) to protest is hypocrisy if you compare them to the NRA.

Why is it any less acceptable for a gun control group to have big $ support when it is perfectly alright with you for the NRA to have it and use it to influence legislation. Well, you're finally going to have a little pushback, is all.

The NRA isn't working to undermine anyone else's rights or take away their property.
Sorry, Pete, but things have gone too far. Gun owners have got to realize that their freedoms are allowing murderous folk to own guns, too. It has to be dealt with; we can't ignore it any longer. The 2nd is not going to go away, but the way I see it, I have rights too, and so do the kids who have to walk to school each morning in certain neighborhoods of Chicago. Why is our safety so completely unimportant?

these freedoms have been around since the constitution. why are we *now* having this type of an issue where we can blame law abiding gun owners and demonize them and their use of a constitutional right because some don't know how to behave in the world today?

no one - and i repeat NO ONE has said our safety isn't important. if you have seen that then simply please link me to it. more often than not this is just an over generalized statement out of frustration but not mired in reality.
People who won't accept some limitations and restrictions on gun use and ownership are not showing any concern for others. It isn't always just about "me." It's about all of us sometimes.

Yep, the Constitution is about all of us, millions have fought and died to defend it. Then there's commies like you that think you can trade it for some misplaced sense of security. People like that deserve to be beaten to death, while wishing they had an assault rifle. That is a much greater possibility than actually being shot by an assault rifle.

replace the word "gun" with "car" and you will see where this kind of logic leads.

Cars are way more regulated than guns are.

And yet they are as, if not more lethal. More regulation of cars, say limiting them to no faster than 20 mph, will save more childrens life's in a few months then banning guns completely will save children in school shootings during the next century.

But whats the fun in that, right?

Not Pulse Nightclub type kill you, they won't. Not Vegas type kill you, they won't. It is about risk reduction.

You lie.

If you REALLY cared about lives and risk reduction, you'd focus on those things actually killing significant numbers of innocent people.

1). Parents killing their children (almost always from Democrat / Progressive / Liberal persuasions)
2). Texting while driving (kills FAR more kids than guns annually)
3). Drunk or DUI driving. A national pastime with very little effort to curb the killings.
4). Abortions. Millions of CHILDREN killed annually. But Libs don't consider a human alive until they pop out of the womb and take a breath.

This is a very sneaky thing Conservatives do when they lie about guns.

They try to imply that banning assault weapons won't stop reduce violence...which isn't the goal or the aims. Creatures like Iceberg here know that, but are acting like assholes because they are assholes.

Banning assault weapons will reduce violence from assault weapons.

That's what its goal is.

Yeah, and cutting off everyone's hand a feet will reduce beating deaths, which kill far more than assault rifles.

The NRA is making tons of money off of making you afraid afraid afraid that all your precious guns will be taken away....any....day....now.

While these anti American jackwads like BODECEA keep lying......

Police legally seizing guns under 'red flag' laws

Washington is one of six states with high risk or red flag laws. But in the wake of the Parkland school shooting, the Brady Campaign says at least 30 states are considering them.

"We don't want to take your guns away......we just don't want you to ever have them in the FIRST PLACE"
Sorry, bud, but taking guns from homicidal maniacs under the watchful eye of a judge with the opportunity to challenge it in court is about as fair a gun safety program that is being proposed out there. That you believe what you said just shows that you don't know what it is about.

And holding Doctors responsible for prescribing mind altering drugs that turn a hyper child into a killing machine might also stop this foolishness. But that's common sense, and we wouldn't want that to get in the way of politics, now would we?

Yes, I agree the 200,000 who marched on Washington were a sham. Paid for by billionaires who want to disarm the PEOPLE of the USA so they can finally control them and make them the peasants they want them to be.
Nope those people made sure to get out their on their own. Several of my co-workers went, and no billionaire even had to pay them! It's your imagination, you poor, frightened creep :itsok:

Really?

Amal and George Clooney donated $500,000 to support the march and announced they would attend. Oprah Winfrey matched the Clooney donation to support the march.[34][35] Jeffrey Katzenberg and his wife Marilyn also contributed $500,000.[36] Film director and producer Steven Spielberg and actress Kate Capshaw Spielberg donated $500,000, also matching the donation of the Clooneys.[37] On February 23, Gucci announced they were also donating $500,000 towards the march.[38] Other people and organizations offering support have included Justin Bieber,[39] Gabby Giffords, Lauren Jauregui, Alyssa Milano, Moms Demand Action, Amy Schumer, St. Vincent, Harry Styles,[40] Hayley Williams,[41][42] Paul McCartney,[43] Kanye West, and Kim Kardashian.[44][45] John Legend and Chrissy Teigen donated $25,000.[46] Jimmy Fallon pledged to attend an event with his family.[47] Samantha Bee interviewed kids.[48] Jim Jefferies interviewed participants in San Diego.[49] Other celebrities including Taylor Swift have donated an undisclosed amount of money toward the campaign.[50]

James Corden promoted the March for Our Lives event.[51] John Zimmer and Logan Green, the co-founders of Lyft, announced their support of the rallies and stated that their company would provide free rides for those attending demonstrations.[52] Dating app Bumble CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd subsequently announced that they were supporting the NeverAgain movement by banning all images of firearms on their dating application.[53]

The NRA gets donations from it's 5.5 million members and supporters, it's no different than trade unions, except the NRA can't lawfully extort money form it's members the way unions are allowed to do. I stopped supporting AARP when they supported commiecare, they all try to influence legislation. The NRA is a very small player in this regards.

The NRA is making tons of money off of making you afraid afraid afraid that all your precious guns will be taken away....any....day....now.

What guns?

the NRA isn't hiding behind high school students to do it.
Not one single person in D.C. at the March was hiding. No one who has spoken on the issue since was hiding. No one is hiding. They let the kids tell the story on the stage during the March. The people supporting gun control are not in the least afraid to say so.
yea.

they're using the kids to push their narrative. i call that hiding cause they make no headway on their own so they *use* these kids to keep pushing how they feel about it.

if you're fine with it, great. i'd rather both sides quit being stubborn and find a middle ground. but the calls to ban semi automatic weapons and so forth are far from "common sense" approaches.
How about just banning military-style semiautomatic rifles like the AR? And a whole lot of other policy changes like tightening background checks and investing in research into what is causing such a lot of gun violence and what to do about it.
We gotta slow this train down.

When are you going to get it through your pointy little head, hands and feet kill more people than all rifles combined. Your bias is causing you to ignore more serious problems. Rifles have been used in mass shooting 8 times in 19 years and they weren't all in schools. 5+ million semi auto rifles have been in private hands during that time. The odd of one being used on any given day for a mass shooting are something like 4+ trillion to one.

Hands and feet can't kill 50 people at a country western concert and injure hundreds of others. I don't know where you get that only 8 mass shootings in 19 years have involved rifles, but that number sounds low to me.

Of course it sounds low to you because you have no idea what you are talking about on this topic!

The NRA isn't working to undermine anyone else's rights or take away their property.

Sorry, Pete, but things have gone too far. Gun owners have got to realize that their freedoms are allowing murderous folk to own guns, too. It has to be dealt with; we can't ignore it any longer. The 2nd is not going to go away, but the way I see it, I have rights too, and so do the kids who have to walk to school each morning in certain neighborhoods of Chicago. Why is our safety so completely unimportant?
It is not unimportant. Why don't we try to detect and control the people that are misusing the guns in Chicago? Why don't you do something about that shithead Mayor you have elected? Why don't you let sane citizens protect themselves at all times by letting them carry weapons to shoot back at the shooters before the reactionary police arrive to investigate the death scene? Why don't you people wake the fuck up?
I don't live in Chicago, just so you know.

Too bad, you two deserve each other.

Your full of crap, doctors mistakes kill 10+ times the numbers of firearms and you sit silent. It's not about safety it's about control, you don't see a way to control doctors they way you see lawful gun owners. You also know you can't control the criminals, none of your proposed "solutions" will effect them.

Well then...looks like you don't need a gun to protect yourself.....just get a doctor who makes mistakes.

??

While these anti American jackwads like BODECEA keep lying......

Police legally seizing guns under 'red flag' laws

Washington is one of six states with high risk or red flag laws. But in the wake of the Parkland school shooting, the Brady Campaign says at least 30 states are considering them.

"We don't want to take your guns away......we just don't want you to ever have them in the FIRST PLACE"
Sorry, bud, but taking guns from homicidal maniacs under the watchful eye of a judge with the opportunity to challenge it in court is about as fair a gun safety program that is being proposed out there. That you believe what you said just shows that you don't know what it is about.

Really? That is what the NRA proposed! You didn't know that did you?
Yes, I did. I was speaking to a poster here who opposes it as if it were a threat to his rights.

None of those states have that kind of law in place, do they?

They are acting outside the law.

The Cow Shit is yours. The spike in murders in London is knife crimes.

You just made my point genius.

Criminals will kill you WITHOUT GUNS.

Risk reduction? Did you miss the discussion of the odds of you being killed in a mass shooting?

There is almost entirely no risk! You are trying to solve a problem that would be akin to getting rid of termites in your house by setting a wildfire to take out your house and the rest of your state.

From the bimbo who still doesn't grasp that if you restrict guns criminals just buy illegal

From where do criminals get "illegal guns"? Why from "responsible gun owners" of course. Most "illegal guns" are from thefts. And most thefts are home break-ins. And most guns stolen from home break-ins were bought in order to protect against home break-ins. There would be no supply of illegal guns if the legal guns weren't lying around in people's homes and cars, from where they are stolen.

Guns don't "fall off a truck" and end up in criminals hands. Most guns in the hands of criminals are stolen from homes and cars, then sold to those criminals. That's where "illegal guns" come; from people like kaz, waterman, and every other right-winger on this board who pretends like they're tough guys because they own guns, but are really just sitting ducks whose guns are likely to be stolen or lost.

You're seriously a shallow intelligence that you just throw out over and over that if we pass laws, then criminals will follow them.Here's a dollar, buy a clue

I don't believe in gun control anymore. Now, I don't believe in gun ownership. You people are frankly far too reckless and irresponsible to own these killing devices. Gun safety is a paradox as well, since what a gun does as its function is fundamentally unsafe. There is no such thing as "gun safety" simply because guns aren't safe.

And if people are the problem, not guns, then why do you want to let people buy guns? That's not common sense at all.

Just idiotic Marxist blather

Really?

The NRA gets donations from it's 5.5 million members and supporters, it's no different than trade unions, except the NRA can't lawfully extort money form it's members the way unions are allowed to do. I stopped supporting AARP when they supported commiecare, they all try to influence legislation. The NRA is a very small player in this regards.

It's funny how the faux ex-military member doesn't think guns are effective at providing self defense and we should just let the criminals have them, not honest citizens
Psh you’re not even American so I don’t know why you feel like you have a say here

You're the Trump supporter. Cut the crap for the lame excuses you have for voting for him. No, it didn't make sense at the time. And it doesn't make sense now. You're probably going to vote for him again in 2020, aren't you?

Forum List

Back