🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida high school students stage second amendment support walkout

When are you going to get it through your pointy little head, hands and feet kill more people than all rifles combined.

But you would agree that a rifle makes killing someone a lot easier, right?

Rifles have been used in mass shooting 8 times in 19 years and they weren't all in schools.

One time is enough for me. The simple fact that this even happened once should be enough for you to agree that it needs to be banned completely. And if you don't think that way, then you're a monster.

5+ million semi auto rifles have been in private hands during that time. The odd of one being used on any given day for a mass shooting are something like 4+ trillion to one..

The odds aren't that remote, and it's more likely that you'll wind up a victim of a mass shooting from one of those rifles than you will ever use the rifle in self-defense.

Your full of crap, if one is too many, when are you going to demand cell phones be baned, one guy killed 12 because he couldn't take his eyes off his phone. Took less time than shooting them, 12 dead in the blink of an eye.

On Friday (March 30), a large group of students from Rockledge High School in Brevard County, Florida, staged a walkout to show their support of the second amendment and the right to bear arms, WFTV.com and Fox News reported.

Florida high school students stage second amendment support walkout
Just so much Russian Propaganda Fake News
Reports: Russian Bots Propping Up Ingraham In Tiff With Shooting Survivor
Source: Talking Points Memo
By Nicole Lafond | April 2, 2018 2:34 pm

Russian bots have reportedly latched on to Fox News host Laura Ingraham in her crusade to mock a high school student who survived the massacre at Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School last month, according to Hamilton 68, a website that tracks the unfurling of Russian disinformation on Twitter.

Over the weekend, the use of the hashtag “#IstandwithLaura” jumped 2,800 percent in 48 hours, The Washington Post was first to report Monday. The Post also cited the website botcheck.me, which tracks 1,500 different political propaganda bots, found that Ingraham’s, Fox News’ and the high school student David Hogg’s Twitter accounts were in the top six Twitter handles being tweeted by Russian-linked accounts over the weekend.

Russian Twitter bots have been spreading false information about the Florida high school shooting since it happened last month, when a 19-year-old former student opened fire at the high school, killing 17 people and injuring dozens. Student survivors like Hogg have since been advocating for tighter gun legislation and even organized a national school walk out and a march on Washington, D.C. to push for gun control policy.

Far-right conspiracists have seized on the students and their focused message, claiming the high schoolers are “crisis actors” or being paid by left-leaning groups. Ingraham last week tweeted a story from The Daily Wire, mocking Hogg for getting rejected from four colleges in California, including UCLA.

Read more: Reports: Russian Bots Propping Up Ingraham In Tiff With Shooting Survivor

The NRA is making tons of money off of making you afraid afraid afraid that all your precious guns will be taken away....any....day....now.

It's funny how the faux ex-military member doesn't think guns are effective at providing self defense and we should just let the criminals have them, not honest citizens
Psh you’re not even American so I don’t know why you feel like you have a say here

You're the Trump supporter. Cut the crap for the lame excuses you have for voting for him. No, it didn't make sense at the time. And it doesn't make sense now. You're probably going to vote for him again in 2020, aren't you?
If I do, what do you care, foreigner?

You Republicans are very xenophobic, aren't you?

:backpedal:

Forgot which way is forward again?
Yes, foreigner, us republicans shit our pants at the sight of even a white person with a tan

You're a fat-faced lying sack of shit.

Your own article says that gun prosecutions have dropped by 40% since hitting a peak in 2005.

Not that Obama suddenly reduced prosecutions by 40% the day he took office...no...like most of what Conservatives post here, it's simply not true and you're lying by omission.

So it would be Bush the Dumber who reduced gun prosecutions, and that trend continued through the first two years of Obama (the study only goes as far as 2011, again, according to your link).

So why are you posting half-truths? Do you even know you're doing it?

Also, the number of gun prosecutions dropping 40% isn't aggregate or cumulative...it was looking solely at the month of January.

Why is it that nothing you post can be trusted?

75 kids for 20 minutes :laugh:

Yeah, well they spent their own money unlike your little "hero's" who had millions spent on them and their "protest". Sooooo, freedom loving kids vs billionaire supplied "useful idiots". I know who I support more.
They didn't even make their own signs. Total sham of a protest.

Yes, I agree the 200,000 who marched on Washington were a sham. Paid for by billionaires who want to disarm the PEOPLE of the USA so they can finally control them and make them the peasants they want them to be.
Nope those people made sure to get out their on their own. Several of my co-workers went, and no billionaire even had to pay them! It's your imagination, you poor, frightened creep :itsok:

Yes I’m sure constructing a stage with democrat politicians was not staged in the least, obviously all those construction workers erecting that platform did so spontaneously. None of that could possibly be polished and rehearsed with all those millions in special interest pouring in. You wouldn’t know grass roots if it was right there in front of you.

I gave you exactly what would end a majority of school shootings within this thread. Now all you want to do is argue. Why?

No you didn't. The only way to end school shootings is to ban guns. That's the only way.

IEnd medicating our male children with mood altering (basically meth) prescription drugs and this shit ends.

It's not the drugs...it's the guns.

The NRA is making tons of money off of making you afraid afraid afraid that all your precious guns will be taken away....any....day....now.

While these anti American jackwads like BODECEA keep lying......

Police legally seizing guns under 'red flag' laws

Washington is one of six states with high risk or red flag laws. But in the wake of the Parkland school shooting, the Brady Campaign says at least 30 states are considering them.

"We don't want to take your guns away......we just don't want you to ever have them in the FIRST PLACE"
Looks like the truth has hit a nerve with the blood cultists.....don't forget to send more money to the NRA, now.

Nice, but you are actually saying how ineffective it was.

Reducing deaths by half isn't effective? Since when? The goal wasn't to completely eliminate deaths from cars, but to reduce it significantly, which was accomplished because a 50% reduction is significant.

Far more lives are taken by murder by car, then school shootings.

You sure about that? Seems fishy to me. You're gonna have to prove this.

So we need far more regulation on the automobile then we do the gun. Why even argue the point, people are dying because of your lack of logic.

We have strong regulations with cars...so much so that in 2015, gun deaths outnumbered car deaths.

if one is too many, when are you going to demand cell phones be baned,.

Nope. Just guns. And just because guns are designed to do only one thing: kill and/or maim.

one guy killed 12 because he couldn't take his eyes off his phone. Took less time than shooting them, 12 dead in the blink of an eye.

What are you talking about? Nothing, of course.

Nope those people made sure to get out their on their own. Several of my co-workers went, and no billionaire even had to pay them! It's your imagination, you poor, frightened creep :itsok:

Really?

Celebrity and corporate support
Amal and George Clooney donated $500,000 to support the march and announced they would attend. Oprah Winfrey matched the Clooney donation to support the march.[34][35] Jeffrey Katzenberg and his wife Marilyn also contributed $500,000.[36] Film director and producer Steven Spielberg and actress Kate Capshaw Spielberg donated $500,000, also matching the donation of the Clooneys.[37] On February 23, Gucci announced they were also donating $500,000 towards the march.[38] Other people and organizations offering support have included Justin Bieber,[39] Gabby Giffords, Lauren Jauregui, Alyssa Milano, Moms Demand Action, Amy Schumer, St. Vincent, Harry Styles,[40] Hayley Williams,[41][42] Paul McCartney,[43] Kanye West, and Kim Kardashian.[44][45] John Legend and Chrissy Teigen donated $25,000.[46] Jimmy Fallon pledged to attend an event with his family.[47] Samantha Bee interviewed kids.[48] Jim Jefferies interviewed participants in San Diego.[49] Other celebrities including Taylor Swift have donated an undisclosed amount of money toward the campaign.[50]

James Corden promoted the March for Our Lives event.[51] John Zimmer and Logan Green, the co-founders of Lyft, announced their support of the rallies and stated that their company would provide free rides for those attending demonstrations.[52] Dating app Bumble CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd subsequently announced that they were supporting the NeverAgain movement by banning all images of firearms on their dating application.[53]

March for Our Lives - Wikipedia

And they left out Move on, Every Town and Planned Parenthood.

Peddle your propaganda elsewhere, the truth is out there.

You want to give us a list of folks who contribute to the NRA?
Why is it any less acceptable for a gun control group to have big $ support when it is perfectly alright with you for the NRA to have it and use it to influence legislation. Well, you're finally going to have a little pushback, is all.

The NRA gets donations from it's 5.5 million members and supporters, it's no different than trade unions, except the NRA can't lawfully extort money form it's members the way unions are allowed to do. I stopped supporting AARP when they supported commiecare, they all try to influence legislation. The NRA is a very small player in this regards.

When did the NRA raise my taxes?

I was already a member of the NRA. How are they making more money off me?
How many donation letters have you recently received? Send money! They are trying to take our guns!!!!!!I just joined NRA!

Yeah, and cutting off everyone's hand a feet will reduce beating deaths, which kill far more than assault rifles..

But you would agree that it's way easier to kill a shit ton of people in a couple minutes with a gun than with your hands and feet, right?

Evidently not, otherwise the numbers would be reversed. Wouldn't they?

Yeah, well they spent their own money unlike your little "hero's" who had millions spent on them and their "protest". Sooooo, freedom loving kids vs billionaire supplied "useful idiots". I know who I support more.
Since when did you care who made the signs?
You’re right it’s too small and insignificant of a protest for me to care about. Especially since it’s fake.

A staged protest is one that’s initiated from those in public office (not the people) and encouraged with the supply of busses with the call to fill them through the provision of free lunches. Seriously ... you don’t need to use teachers in a group effort to “suggest” their class go to Washington by closing and rescheduling classes, if this was really such a heartfelt grass roots effort by students - not those in political office.

Not one single person in D.C. at the March was hiding. No one who has spoken on the issue since was hiding. No one is hiding. They let the kids tell the story on the stage during the March. The people supporting gun control are not in the least afraid to say so.
yea.

they're using the kids to push their narrative. i call that hiding cause they make no headway on their own so they *use* these kids to keep pushing how they feel about it.

if you're fine with it, great. i'd rather both sides quit being stubborn and find a middle ground. but the calls to ban semi automatic weapons and so forth are far from "common sense" approaches.
How about just banning military-style semiautomatic rifles like the AR? And a whole lot of other policy changes like tightening background checks and investing in research into what is causing such a lot of gun violence and what to do about it.
We gotta slow this train down.

When are you going to get it through your pointy little head, hands and feet kill more people than all rifles combined. Your bias is causing you to ignore more serious problems. Rifles have been used in mass shooting 8 times in 19 years and they weren't all in schools. 5+ million semi auto rifles have been in private hands during that time. The odd of one being used on any given day for a mass shooting are something like 4+ trillion to one.

Hands and feet can't kill 50 people at a country western concert and injure hundreds of others. I don't know where you get that only 8 mass shootings in 19 years have involved rifles, but that number sounds low to me.

No they just do it one or two at a time, many many more times. And as far as that number goes, feel free to prove me wrong.

According to this government link it was 6 AR and AK combined

WEAPONS USED IN MASS SHOOTINGS

So much for "feeling" them to be wrong.

You're a fat-faced lying sack of shit.

Your own article says that gun prosecutions have dropped by 40% since hitting a peak in 2005.

Not that Obama suddenly reduced prosecutions by 40% the day he took office...no...like most of what Conservatives post here, it's simply not true and you're lying by omission.

So it would be Bush the Dumber who reduced gun prosecutions, and that trend continued through the first two years of Obama (the study only goes as far as 2011, again, according to your link).

So why are you posting half-truths? Do you even know you're doing it?

Also, the number of gun prosecutions dropping 40% isn't aggregate or cumulative...it was looking solely at the month of January.

Why is it that nothing you post can be trusted?

Try this one it's from 2014

Obama’s empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch

I gave you exactly what would end a majority of school shootings within this thread. Now all you want to do is argue. Why?

No you didn't. The only way to end school shootings is to ban guns. That's the only way.

IEnd medicating our male children with mood altering (basically meth) prescription drugs and this shit ends.

I think that clear backpacks will chase away the shooters

Yes, I agree the 200,000 who marched on Washington were a sham. Paid for by billionaires who want to disarm the PEOPLE of the USA so they can finally control them and make them the peasants they want them to be.

what a sham

unless your "co -workers" --LOL are students

did they go with their "pink pussy hats" --LOL

You're just babbling. You need to wear a bib, you're drooling again

It's funny that I can get a sense of your insecurity through your posts; namely that you're so insecure in this argument the best you cna do is spit out half-assed attempts at insults because you're probably so frustrated by the fact that you cannot have a reasonable, honest debate about this thing of which I'm strongly doubting your sincerity.

There is no "argument." There is you vomiting Marxist propaganda. That isn't an argument, that isn't anything. That's just you waiting until you can monopolize government guns and shut me up permanently

I think that clear backpacks will chase away the shooters
If they put lovely "thoughts & prayers" decals all over them.

Forum List

Back