🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida high school students stage second amendment support walkout

It's funny how the faux ex-military member doesn't think guns are effective at providing self defense and we should just let the criminals have them, not honest citizens

Criminals get guns because people like you are too irresponsible with them.

Every single "illegal gun" was once owned by a "responsible gun owner" who then made the choice to put that gun in the hands of criminals, either by having too much faith in their ability to keep the gun locked, or because they needed money and were willing to sell it to anyone willing to pay.

You're just babbling. You need to wear a bib, you're drooling again

You want to give us a list of folks who contribute to the NRA?
Why is it any less acceptable for a gun control group to have big $ support when it is perfectly alright with you for the NRA to have it and use it to influence legislation. Well, you're finally going to have a little pushback, is all.

The NRA gets donations from it's 5.5 million members and supporters, it's no different than trade unions, except the NRA can't lawfully extort money form it's members the way unions are allowed to do. I stopped supporting AARP when they supported commiecare, they all try to influence legislation. The NRA is a very small player in this regards.

The NRA is making tons of money off of making you afraid afraid afraid that all your precious guns will be taken away....any....day....now.

It's funny how the faux ex-military member doesn't think guns are effective at providing self defense and we should just let the criminals have them, not honest citizens
Psh you’re not even American so I don’t know why you feel like you have a say here

Wait, huh?

Since when did citizenship matter to a progressive?

What he's saying is that Mexicans who cross our border illegally are citizens and we're not because we disagree with his politics

Why is it any less acceptable for a gun control group to have big $ support when it is perfectly alright with you for the NRA to have it and use it to influence legislation. Well, you're finally going to have a little pushback, is all.

The NRA gets donations from it's 5.5 million members and supporters, it's no different than trade unions, except the NRA can't lawfully extort money form it's members the way unions are allowed to do. I stopped supporting AARP when they supported commiecare, they all try to influence legislation. The NRA is a very small player in this regards.

The NRA is making tons of money off of making you afraid afraid afraid that all your precious guns will be taken away....any....day....now.

Psh you’re not even American so I don’t know why you feel like you have a say here
Since you claim to not care about this, I don't know why you feel you have to stay here.

We'd be better off. Maybe the 17 people in Parkland would still be alive if people like OldSchool left. His hands are dripping with blood now, it's his fault

You're the Trump supporter. Cut the crap for the lame excuses you have for voting for him. No, it didn't make sense at the time. And it doesn't make sense now. You're probably going to vote for him again in 2020, aren't you?
If I do, what do you care, foreigner?

Wait, huh?

Since when did citizenship matter to a progressive?

What he's saying is that Mexicans who cross our border illegally are citizens and we're not because we disagree with his politics

of course, there i was trying to think like a child.

Thanks for straightening me out.

Ohhh, take a look at the latest asshole to shoot up a school. To claim that the government had no idea of what sort of monster they were dealing with is laughable based on what we actually do know. What we don't know would probably get some people in serious trouble when the Civil litigation comes down.

Sounds to me like you want to establish a Minority Report-type system that predicts crime before the criminal acts. So how would that get put in practice? Should what they do on the internet factor into it? Because all the violent and screechy and unbalanced posts from gun nuts on these threads would seem to indicate mental sickness in many of them, wouldn't it?

You're the Trump supporter. Cut the crap for the lame excuses you have for voting for him. No, it didn't make sense at the time. And it doesn't make sense now. You're probably going to vote for him again in 2020, aren't you?
If I do, what do you care, foreigner?

You Republicans are very xenophobic, aren't you?

:backpedal:

Forgot which way is forward again?

The NRA isn't working to undermine anyone else's rights or take away their property.

Sorry, Pete, but things have gone too far. Gun owners have got to realize that their freedoms are allowing murderous folk to own guns, too. It has to be dealt with; we can't ignore it any longer. The 2nd is not going to go away, but the way I see it, I have rights too, and so do the kids who have to walk to school each morning in certain neighborhoods of Chicago. Why is our safety so completely unimportant?

Criminals by definition dont follow the law.

Ohhh, take a look at the latest asshole to shoot up a school. To claim that the government had no idea of what sort of monster they were dealing with is laughable based on what we actually do know. What we don't know would probably get some people in serious trouble when the Civil litigation comes down.

Sounds to me like you want to establish a Minority Report-type system that predicts crime before the criminal acts. So how would that get put in practice? Should what they do on the internet factor into it? Because all the violent and screechy and unbalanced posts from gun nuts on these threads would seem to indicate mental sickness in many of them, wouldn't it?

I gave you exactly what would end a majority of school shootings within this thread. Now all you want to do is argue. Why?

End medicating our male children with mood altering (basically meth) prescription drugs and this shit ends.

One way is to get multiple calls through an FBI tip line....but what's the use of that when someone in the FBI chain of command decides to not pass it on the the higher ups?

Sure, that's one way. But whatabout a shooter like the guy in Vegas, who had no criminal record, was never on the radar of any law enforcement agencies, who ended up killing 58 people in a matter of minutes?

And yet they are as, if not more lethal. More regulation of cars, say limiting them to no faster than 20 mph, will save more childrens life's in a few months then banning guns completely will save children in school shootings during the next century.

It's funny you say that because 40 years ago, that's exactly what we did; we passed speed limits and seat belt laws, we had a publicly-funded campaign against drunk driving, and we passed all kinds of safety standards and regulations and the number of people killed by cars was cut in half.

So thanks for making the argument for stricter gun control...even though I don't support gun control at all and want a total and complete ban on all gun ownership.

One way is to get multiple calls through an FBI tip line....but what's the use of that when someone in the FBI chain of command decides to not pass it on the the higher ups?

Sure, that's one way. But whatabout a shooter like the guy in Vegas, who had no criminal record, was never on the radar of any law enforcement agencies, who ended up killing 58 people in a matter of minutes?

Monsters are by definition, Monsters. You think not having a gun would have stopped him. The guy knew how to drive a truck. He probably would have taken out far more.

Yeah, and cutting off everyone's hand a feet will reduce beating deaths, which kill far more than assault rifles..

But you would agree that it's way easier to kill a shit ton of people in a couple minutes with a gun than with your hands and feet, right?

And yet they are as, if not more lethal. More regulation of cars, say limiting them to no faster than 20 mph, will save more childrens life's in a few months then banning guns completely will save children in school shootings during the next century.

It's funny you say that because 40 years ago, that's exactly what we did; we passed speed limits and seat belt laws, we had a publicly-funded campaign against drunk driving, and we passed all kinds of safety standards and regulations and the number of people killed by cars was cut in half.

So thanks for making the argument for stricter gun control...even though I don't support gun control at all and want a total and complete ban on all gun ownership.

Nice, but you are actually saying how ineffective it was. Far more lives are taken by murder by car, then school shootings. So we need far more regulation on the automobile then we do the gun. Why even argue the point, people are dying because of your lack of logic.

yea.

they're using the kids to push their narrative. i call that hiding cause they make no headway on their own so they *use* these kids to keep pushing how they feel about it.

if you're fine with it, great. i'd rather both sides quit being stubborn and find a middle ground. but the calls to ban semi automatic weapons and so forth are far from "common sense" approaches.
How about just banning military-style semiautomatic rifles like the AR? And a whole lot of other policy changes like tightening background checks and investing in research into what is causing such a lot of gun violence and what to do about it.
We gotta slow this train down.
Ban on assault weapons didn’t reduce violence

cause it didn't work last time. why will it now?

we have to look at ourselves and why we find so little value in human life. in germany 80 people went at it with machetes. in london, they kill more people than in new york.

it's not just us. it's an extreme time we live in and extreme measures seldom work as well as calming down to think about how we can cooperate for change.
You can't prove a negative, but as soon as the ban expired, the mass shooting rate and the number killed in mass shootings TRIPLED in the following year. The mass shooting rate had been climbing, which is why the ban was instituted. It didn't bring it down but it held it steady, it looks like. Without it, no one can "prove" what would have happened, but the shooting deaths after it was off certainly seems to be a pretty strong "coincidence," doesn't it?
so we can't prove the link but you want something done anyway.

check please.
Pretty strong evidence, I'd say. Sorry it doesn't prove what you'd like it to say.
sorry, it doesn't prove anything at all. you yourself said nothing can be proven, yet you take how you "feel" as fact. you want rights taken away because you "feel" like there's something there.

i think it's more due to ADHD and medications kids are given to keep them from more or less being active kids who get into things.

ergo - we now must outlaw these medications and it's time for the lazy parents to get off their ass and parent.

gee. this feels pretty good. i just "feel" it to be correct so my demands now must be met or people who FEEL the other way are just a group of assholes who don't realize the greater good i am after.

Not one single person in D.C. at the March was hiding. No one who has spoken on the issue since was hiding. No one is hiding. They let the kids tell the story on the stage during the March. The people supporting gun control are not in the least afraid to say so.
yea.

they're using the kids to push their narrative. i call that hiding cause they make no headway on their own so they *use* these kids to keep pushing how they feel about it.

if you're fine with it, great. i'd rather both sides quit being stubborn and find a middle ground. but the calls to ban semi automatic weapons and so forth are far from "common sense" approaches.
How about just banning military-style semiautomatic rifles like the AR? And a whole lot of other policy changes like tightening background checks and investing in research into what is causing such a lot of gun violence and what to do about it.
Ban on assault weapons didn’t reduce violence

cause it didn't work last time. why will it now?

we have to look at ourselves and why we find so little value in human life. in germany 80 people went at it with machetes. in london, they kill more people than in new york.

it's not just us. it's an extreme time we live in and extreme measures seldom work as well as calming down to think about how we can cooperate for change.
You can't prove a negative, but as soon as the ban expired, the mass shooting rate and the number killed in mass shootings TRIPLED in the following year. The mass shooting rate had been climbing, which is why the ban was instituted. It didn't bring it down but it held it steady, it looks like. Without it, no one can "prove" what would have happened, but the shooting deaths after it was off certainly seems to be a pretty strong "coincidence," doesn't it?

Spreading continuous bullshit is your new aim?

The AR-15 was NOT an assault weapon and was never banned.

The mass shooting rate has been climbing? Actually I think you will find the opposite is true.
i'd ask for a link but i'd get the "well i just FEEL it's true" routine and i'm weary of that now.

the NRA isn't hiding behind high school students to do it.
Not one single person in D.C. at the March was hiding. No one who has spoken on the issue since was hiding. No one is hiding. They let the kids tell the story on the stage during the March. The people supporting gun control are not in the least afraid to say so.
yea.

When are you going to get it through your pointy little head, hands and feet kill more people than all rifles combined. Your bias is causing you to ignore more serious problems. Rifles have been used in mass shooting 8 times in 19 years and they weren't all in schools. 5+ million semi auto rifles have been in private hands during that time. The odd of one being used on any given day for a mass shooting are something like 4+ trillion to one.

Hands and feet can't kill 50 people at a country western concert and injure hundreds of others. I don't know where you get that only 8 mass shootings in 19 years have involved rifles, but that number sounds low to me.

No they just do it one or two at a time, many many more times. And as far as that number goes, feel free to prove me wrong.

According to this government link it was 6 AR and AK combined

WEAPONS USED IN MASS SHOOTINGS

Just idiotic Marxist blather

Posts like these reflect on how utterly devoid of your own thought you are. There's nothing in what I wrote that comes close to Marxism, but you shit that out because you cannot defend yourself in this debate.

That's fine. I've grown accustomed to Conservatrolls flaming out when it comes to guns.

You're just babbling. You need to wear a bib, you're drooling again

It's funny that I can get a sense of your insecurity through your posts; namely that you're so insecure in this argument the best you cna do is spit out half-assed attempts at insults because you're probably so frustrated by the fact that you cannot have a reasonable, honest debate about this thing of which I'm strongly doubting your sincerity.

Forum List

Back