Florida Pastor Arrested Before He Could Burn 2,998 Qurans On Anniversary Of 9-11

Republicans hoping for more Americans killed overseas they could blame on Obama. The more the better.

Don't worry. They'll think of something. If it's dirty, Republicans will think of it.

When I read these posts by these right wingers, I wonder how many will go postal? Several seem "on the verge".

Responding to your own posts?

I think you are on the verge of going postal, you lonely bastard.

Unless there was a couple bags of fertilizer in with the kerosene, it was not a bomb.
Seems to me the only laws he broke were carrying kerosene in an unapproved container and failing to register the trailer. Hardly felonies.

AGAIN for the ugly American hater dupes

Fla. Pastor Arrested Before He Could Burn Qurans - ABC News

Polk County sheriff's deputies arrested Pastor Terry Jones, 61, and his associate pastor, Marvin Sapp Jr., 44, each on a felony charge of unlawful conveyance of fuel as they travelled in a pickup truck towing a large barbecue-style grill filled with Qurans soaked in kerosene. Jones had said he was heading to a nearby park to burn 2,998 Qurans — one for every victim of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Sheriff's officials said that Jones was also charged with unlawful open-carry of a firearm, a misdemeanor, and that Sapp faces a charge of having no valid registration for the trailer.

Over a billion muslims believe the Koran is the words of God, and thus about the worst thing you can do is burn one- you might want to avoid that. If you believe in God...

The more guilty the RW is, the more crazy and hateful their propaganda is. See Bengazi...

Unless there was a couple bags of fertilizer in with the kerosene, it was not a bomb.
Seems to me the only laws he broke were carrying kerosene in an unapproved container and failing to register the trailer. Hardly felonies.

Technically no. However, everyone that tries to make a bomb is not exactly a science major. It could be construed as an attempt and he could be charged with a felony pretty easily. A good attorney could get him off but they can and should make it hard on him for being offensive to Muslims in general.

And yet, rw's threw a fit when Obama ordered bin Laden killed.

Hint: Let's kill the bad guys and leave other people alone.

not all, just a minor few

and what does that have to do with burning a holy book in this country?

hint: nothing

The RW did not protest Osama's death. That's nothing short of a retarded statement. People did protest not getting the proof that 1000's of Americans had paid for with their blood and Obama's willingness to take more credit than was his due.

Seeing as how this guy never even struck a match; I don't see how this charge sticks. It's sad that we live in a police state where any of this would be considered "a felony." I weep for America.

Seeing as how this guy never even struck a match; I don't see how this charge sticks. It's sad that we live in a police state where any of this would be considered "a felony." I weep for America.

All he had to do was wait until he got where he was going to soak them in kerosene. He got arrested for being stupid. i for one laugh at dumbasses like that. I'm all for free speech but people dont know where to draw the line.

AGAIN for the ugly American hater dupes

Fla. Pastor Arrested Before He Could Burn Qurans - ABC News

Polk County sheriff's deputies arrested Pastor Terry Jones, 61, and his associate pastor, Marvin Sapp Jr., 44, each on a felony charge of unlawful conveyance of fuel as they travelled in a pickup truck towing a large barbecue-style grill filled with Qurans soaked in kerosene. Jones had said he was heading to a nearby park to burn 2,998 Qurans — one for every victim of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Sheriff's officials said that Jones was also charged with unlawful open-carry of a firearm, a misdemeanor, and that Sapp faces a charge of having no valid registration for the trailer.

Over a billion muslims believe the Koran is the words of God, and thus about the worst thing you can do is burn one- you might want to avoid that. If you believe in God...

The more guilty the RW is, the more crazy and hateful their propaganda is. See Bengazi...

So! A billion Muslims get offended? Tough shit, really. Aside from carrying fuel in an unapproved container and towing an unregistered trailer, he broke no law. Muslims have no right to not be annoyed, especially on 9/11.

Now! Do I agree with burning 3,000 Qurans? Heel no! I don't support burning Qurans, Bibles, American flags or Porter House steaks, but I do support your right to.

Republicans hoping for more Americans killed overseas they could blame on Obama. The more the better.

Don't worry. They'll think of something. If it's dirty, Republicans will think of it.

When I read these posts by these right wingers, I wonder how many will go postal? Several seem "on the verge".

Responding to your own posts?

I think you are on the verge of going postal, you lonely bastard.

No one else reads his posts anymore, he has to reply to them to think people care.

Technically no. However, everyone that tries to make a bomb is not exactly a science major. It could be construed as an attempt and he could be charged with a felony pretty easily. A good attorney could get him off but they can and should make it hard on him for being offensive to Muslims in general.
A retard could get him off!
I suppose it could "be construed as an attempt" to make a bomb, but you would have to prove intent or a judge would laugh you out of court. The simple fact that the addition of 100 pounds of ammonium nitrate would have turned a barbecue grill into a bomb is irrelevant. (Are you a JakeStarkey sock?)

Again, being offensive is not illegal in this country. (yet) If it were, you wouldn't be allowed within 100 yards of a computer.

And yet, rw's threw a fit when Obama ordered bin Laden killed.

Hint: Let's kill the bad guys and leave other people alone.

Wasn't that a standing order since 9/11/2001 ordered by president Bush?

No one threw a fit, liar.

Criticized your messiahs claim that it was he personally who killed OBL.

It was seal team 6.

Almost all of them who were on the mission died in very suspicious circumstances..........

See what I mean?
No.

All he had to do was wait until he got where he was going to soak them in kerosene. He got arrested for being stupid. i for one laugh at dumbasses like that. I'm all for free speech but people dont know where to draw the line.

I've heart the guy speak and I don't consider him smart. But, I don't find his actions objectionable. It was Muslims who killed Americans on 9/11 and the Koran is vile p.o.s book in the second place.

I've heart the guy speak and I don't consider him smart. But, I don't find his actions objectionable. It was Muslims who killed Americans on 9/11 and the Koran is vile p.o.s book in the second place.

Timothy Mcveigh killed some Americans too. Should we blame all christians or whatever religion he is? The people that did the bombing are wing nuts like the ones we have over here as well. Nothing to do with religion.

(Are you a JakeStarkey sock?)

Again, being offensive is not illegal in this country. (yet) If it were, you wouldn't be allowed within 100 yards of a computer.

You called me offensive?! What was that about? :lol:

This had nothing to do with burning books, or suspicion of him committing a terrorist act. Again, he was arrested for unlawful conveyance of fuel.

Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XXIII Motor Vehicles Section 316.001 Short title. - Florida Attorney Resources - Florida Laws

(1) It is unlawful for any person to maintain, or possess any conveyance or vehicle that is equipped with, fuel tanks, bladders, drums, or other containers that do not conform to 49 C.F.R. or have not been approved by the United States Department of Transportation for the purpose of hauling, transporting, or conveying motor or diesel fuel over any public highway. Any person who violates any provision of this subsection commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, and, in addition, is subject to the revocation of driver license privileges as provided in s. 322.26.

Interesting. Apparently it's ok to burn bibles and the American flag but not the Quran.

This, of course, is a lie.

The truth:

The truck towed a large, smoker-style grill that Jones was going to use as an incinerator. In the smoker were the condemned Qurans.

Some of the books were soaked in kerosene, said Fran Ingram, spokeswoman for the church. The Polk County Sheriff's Office arrested Jones on felony charges of unlawful conveyance of fuel and open display of a firearm.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said deputies saw Jones at a McDonalds in Mulberry and watched as he doused the books with kerosene on his way to the park.

“He was told that if he was going to come to Polk County and violate the law, he would be going to jail,” the sheriff said at a news conference Wednesday night.

The sheriff said dumping kerosene onto the books presented a hazardous situation. “He was potentially driving a bomb around if he had gotten into a crash.”

Judd said Sapp was charged with several civil traffic violations, including towing a trailer with no lights, safety chain or tag.

Deputies seized the 1998 Chevrolet pickup, the smoker and the Qurans, Judd said. All will be held in evidence until the case is resolved. He said he was unsure what would happen to the holy books then.

To stage such an event, he needed a permit from the county, but he never applied for one.

“We have tried to file for permits,” Jones said in an interview last week, “but we feel that a permit is just an excuse to turn us down.”

County officials vowed that the public spectacle in their park would not take place, not because of the nature of the event, but because Jones lacked the required permit. Mianne Nelson, spokeswoman for the Polk County Commission, said last week that Jones never notified anyone in county government of his plans to use county property.

Rev. Jones arrested on way to burn Qurans in Polk County

Jones was arrested for being involved in driving an unsafe vehicle, and lacking a permit he never bothered to apply for, not because of the nature of his demonstration. Had he applied for a permit, or simply found private property for the burning, there’d be no arrest.

Interesting. Apparently it's ok to burn bibles and the American flag but not the Quran.

This, of course, is a lie.

The truth:

The truck towed a large, smoker-style grill that Jones was going to use as an incinerator. In the smoker were the condemned Qurans.

Some of the books were soaked in kerosene, said Fran Ingram, spokeswoman for the church. The Polk County Sheriff's Office arrested Jones on felony charges of unlawful conveyance of fuel and open display of a firearm.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said deputies saw Jones at a McDonalds in Mulberry and watched as he doused the books with kerosene on his way to the park.

“He was told that if he was going to come to Polk County and violate the law, he would be going to jail,” the sheriff said at a news conference Wednesday night.

The sheriff said dumping kerosene onto the books presented a hazardous situation. “He was potentially driving a bomb around if he had gotten into a crash.”

Judd said Sapp was charged with several civil traffic violations, including towing a trailer with no lights, safety chain or tag.

Deputies seized the 1998 Chevrolet pickup, the smoker and the Qurans, Judd said. All will be held in evidence until the case is resolved. He said he was unsure what would happen to the holy books then.

To stage such an event, he needed a permit from the county, but he never applied for one.

“We have tried to file for permits,” Jones said in an interview last week, “but we feel that a permit is just an excuse to turn us down.”

County officials vowed that the public spectacle in their park would not take place, not because of the nature of the event, but because Jones lacked the required permit. Mianne Nelson, spokeswoman for the Polk County Commission, said last week that Jones never notified anyone in county government of his plans to use county property.

Rev. Jones arrested on way to burn Qurans in Polk County

Jones was arrested for being involved in driving an unsafe vehicle, and lacking a permit he never bothered to apply for, not because of the nature of his demonstration. Had he applied for a permit, or simply found private property for the burning, there’d be no arrest.

Thats hilarious!! :lol: He wanted to exercise his freedom of speech but couldnt be bothered with applying for a permit? I guessed right. He basically got arrested for being dumb.

Stupid MF so called Christian was so drunk with hate he could get his shit together long enough to burn some books.

Forum List

Back