🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida Republicans to gun hating doctors mind your own business

Bulldog must REALLY want a revolution on his hands here in America.Fine with me. Be pussies like him wanting the cops to protect his ass not gun owners that can defend themselves. Oh and yes any doctor sticks their nose in my business about guns gets told to fuck off...I have done it once in a kinder tone and they never bothered asking again...and my kids don't see a doctor without me or their mother being in the room.

That may be your concern, but how many parents let their children be alone with the doctor while they sit in the waiting room? I would be outraged if I found out some doctor was asking questions to my kid about my personal business when it has nothing to do with what I was there for.

If I remember correctly, it's actually illegal in my state for a health professional to be alone with minors, not that any health professional with a teaspoon of brains and self-preservation would ever want to, anyway.

Agreed. You have to be careful today.

I don't trust much of anyone around my kid, and I don't trust anyone at all 100%.

Bulldog must REALLY want a revolution on his hands here in America.Fine with me. Be pussies like him wanting the cops to protect his ass not gun owners that can defend themselves. Oh and yes any doctor sticks their nose in my business about guns gets told to fuck off...I have done it once in a kinder tone and they never bothered asking again...and my kids don't see a doctor without me or their mother being in the room.

That may be your concern, but how many parents let their children be alone with the doctor while they sit in the waiting room? I would be outraged if I found out some doctor was asking questions to my kid about my personal business when it has nothing to do with what I was there for.

If I remember correctly, it's actually illegal in my state for a health professional to be alone with minors, not that any health professional with a teaspoon of brains and self-preservation would ever want to, anyway.

I don't trust much of anyone around my kid, and I don't trust anyone at all 100%.

Especially if there is no law that stops them from being interrogated like a common criminal.

No big deal.Once Hillary becomes president, she will have 8 years to regain control and get a handle on the gun nuts that have run rampant recently.Outlawing the NRA might be too much to hope for, but it will be chopped down several notches.

You really have a lot of dreams for a President, don't you? Less dreams for States Rights apparently.

I fail to see why a physician needs to know about guns in a home when their line of work is medicine. It's like your plumber asking you about sexual relations with your wife.

Don't get me wrong, everybody has a right to feel whatever it is they feel about guns, but it shouldn't be incorporated in your line of work when it involves the public.

You're a right winger. There is a long list of things you fail to see. Sad for you.

Good, and I hope the list gets longer.

If you have a political agenda, great. Go to rallies, write an opinion piece to your local newspaper, hand out flyers at the voting places. But what you should not be doing is questioning these kids or their parents about your political concerns. It's not your business.

Sure it is if the publicity they garner advances a bunch of made up lies fed to them by the right wing.

No big deal.Once Hillary becomes president, she will have 8 years to regain control and get a handle on the gun nuts that have run rampant recently.Outlawing the NRA might be too much to hope for, but it will be chopped down several notches.

Your Stalinist fantasies are nauseating to observe.

So now I'm a Stalinist? you're crazier by the day.

You really have a lot of dreams for a President, don't you? Less dreams for States Rights apparently.

I fail to see why a physician needs to know about guns in a home when their line of work is medicine. It's like your plumber asking you about sexual relations with your wife.

Don't get me wrong, everybody has a right to feel whatever it is they feel about guns, but it shouldn't be incorporated in your line of work when it involves the public.

You're a right winger. There is a long list of things you fail to see. Sad for you.

Right. We don't see unicorns or successful liberal social programs.

You see Hannity's ass, and that's all you want to see.

Just browsing through my local news site and found this story about Florida Doctors wanting to nosey around their patients homes for guns. Of course they don't physically go to the house, but they want to interrogate children about guns that adults in their home may possess.

Florida passed a law that prohibits doctors from practicing this kind of interrogation, and anti-gun doctors wish to fight it, even to the Supreme Court if they have to.

I won't paste the entire piece, but just a few paragraphs that are at the heart of the story:

"Supporters in the Republican-controlled Florida Legislature and the NRA say the law became necessary when, in their view, doctors began overstepping their bounds in the examination room by pushing an anti-Second Amendment, anti-gun political agenda. The NRA cites several examples of doctors telling patients they'd have to find a new physician if they refused to answer questions about gun ownership or telling parents they should get rid of any guns in the home.

The law, supporters point out, permits doctors under a "good faith" provision to ask about firearms if the questions are deemed "relevant to the patient's medical care or safety" or the safety of other people.

"These provisions target discrimination and harassment, not speech, and they do nothing to impair doctor-patient discussions of firearm safety," NRA attorney Charles Cooper said in court papers. "Even if viewed as a speech regulation, the (law) is a reasonable regulation of speech incidental to the practice of medicine."

The law also has some teeth: doctors who violate the law could face professional discipline, such as a fine, or even lose their medical licenses. The state Department of Health would investigate any complaints, although the law has never been enforced because it was blocked in 2012 by a Miami judge's decision that found it an unconstitutional violation of free speech rights."

Battle rages over Florida law limiting doctors' gun speech

I guess that screwed up judge doesn't consider the 4th Amendment important. Wouldn't matter to me, if a doc asked anything like that I'd fire his ass, and if he's a preferred provider in a insurance network I'd also raise hell with them. But the largest issue of all is regressive hypocrisy, aren't they supposed to be all about privacy?

Aren't you regressives all about privacy, especially in medicine?

I see you're a total hypocrite, doctors have a business open to the public, shouldn't these docs face law suits for discrimination, if they refuse service?

Just browsing through my local news site and found this story about Florida Doctors wanting to nosey around their patients homes for guns. Of course they don't physically go to the house, but they want to interrogate children about guns that adults in their home may possess.

Florida passed a law that prohibits doctors from practicing this kind of interrogation, and anti-gun doctors wish to fight it, even to the Supreme Court if they have to.

I won't paste the entire piece, but just a few paragraphs that are at the heart of the story:

"Supporters in the Republican-controlled Florida Legislature and the NRA say the law became necessary when, in their view, doctors began overstepping their bounds in the examination room by pushing an anti-Second Amendment, anti-gun political agenda. The NRA cites several examples of doctors telling patients they'd have to find a new physician if they refused to answer questions about gun ownership or telling parents they should get rid of any guns in the home.

The law, supporters point out, permits doctors under a "good faith" provision to ask about firearms if the questions are deemed "relevant to the patient's medical care or safety" or the safety of other people.

"These provisions target discrimination and harassment, not speech, and they do nothing to impair doctor-patient discussions of firearm safety," NRA attorney Charles Cooper said in court papers. "Even if viewed as a speech regulation, the (law) is a reasonable regulation of speech incidental to the practice of medicine."

The law also has some teeth: doctors who violate the law could face professional discipline, such as a fine, or even lose their medical licenses. The state Department of Health would investigate any complaints, although the law has never been enforced because it was blocked in 2012 by a Miami judge's decision that found it an unconstitutional violation of free speech rights."

Doctors interrogating their patients isn't speech. It's harassment. If my doctor ever asked me that I'd tell him to fuck off and mind his own business.

Damn straight, I'd sue the living shit out of a doctor that did that.

I see you're a total hypocrite, doctors have a business open to the public, shouldn't these docs face law suits for discrimination, if they refuse service?
Good point.

I guess that screwed up judge doesn't consider the 4th Amendment important. Wouldn't matter to me, if a doc asked anything like that I'd fire his ass, and if he's a preferred provider in a insurance network I'd also raise hell with them. But the largest issue of all is regressive hypocrisy, aren't they supposed to be all about privacy?

What Obama is doing is turning doctors into spies and ordering them to violate the doctor/patient privilege. The man is utterly despicable and totally without principles. It's easy to see how this country would turn into a Stalinist dictatorship if he was given free reign.

Notice how all the libs defend him. Scratch a lib and underneath you find a Nazi.

Right. We don't see unicorns or successful liberal social programs.

You see Hannity's ass, and that's all you want to see.

I see that you have your head up your ass.

Hardly. You made it clear you wish Hillary would outlaw the NRA. I'm not sure how it can be "chopped down several notches" without tossing the Bill of Rights into the waste bin. The very idea that the president would use government to persecute groups you disagree with is Stalinist.

Especially if there is no law that stops them from being interrogated like a common criminal.

There is. It's called the 4th and 5th Amendments.

Aren't you regressives all about privacy, especially in medicine?

Only if you want an abortion.

Anyway--the problem is not the NRA

The problem is our inability to recognize who shouldn't have guns and how to keep them from getting one.

You know, the terrorists or thieves that use guns in robberies, psychotic madmen and the like.

Creating laws that make it harder to obtain a gun, on general, only makes it harder for law-abiding citizens to obtain guns. So far, it seems like encouraging law abiding to own and know how to use guns is a better deterrent to gun violence.

Anyway--the problem is not the NRA

The problem is our inability to recognize who shouldn't have guns and how to keep them from getting one.

You know, the terrorists or thieves that use guns in robberies, psychotic madmen and the like.

Creating laws that make it harder to obtain a gun, on general, only makes it harder for law-abiding citizens to obtain guns. So far, it seems like encouraging law abiding to own and know how to use guns is a better deterrent to gun violence.

Of course it is. After all, most of these mass shootings take place in gun-free zones. It's really no accident either.

We have over 300 million people in this country, and when one or two a year lose their mind, people think there is a way to prevent it. Unless you have the ability to predict the future, there is no way of knowing when somebody is going to flip out. If we had to try and disarm people for acting strangely, that would be half of the people I come in contact with on a daily basis.

Hardly. You made it clear you wish Hillary would outlaw the NRA. I'm not sure how it can be "chopped down several notches" without tossing the Bill of Rights into the waste bin. The very idea that the president would use government to persecute groups you disagree with is Stalinist.

Agreed, but Democrats get their way via taxation. The very idea that government forces you to buy a healthcare plan is a great example. True, nobody can come to your door and point a gun at you forcing you to sign an agreement with an insurance company, but if you don't comply, the government will take your badly needed hard earned money away from you.

In the past, Democrats have come up with all kinds of ideas to pressure you from owning a gun. Taxing ammunition, forcing you to buy liability insurance, government buying most of the ammunition so that it's less available and more expensive for everybody else.

So (God forbid) if Democrats ever get power of the entire government, they could easily tax the NRA right out of existence or at the very least, knock them down a few notches. Or if they are able to pick new Supreme Court Justices, we might all lose our right to own a firearm.

This is why it's so important for free loving Americans to make sure that never happens.

Forum List

Back