🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida Republicans to gun hating doctors mind your own business

No big deal.Once Hillary becomes president, she will have 8 years to regain control and get a handle on the gun nuts that have run rampant recently.Outlawing the NRA might be too much to hope for, but it will be chopped down several notches.

Your Stalinist fantasies are nauseating to observe.

So now I'm a Stalinist? you're crazier by the day.

Hardly. You made it clear you wish Hillary would outlaw the NRA. I'm not sure how it can be "chopped down several notches" without tossing the Bill of Rights into the waste bin. The very idea that the president would use government to persecute groups you disagree with is Stalinist.

Agreed, but Democrats get their way via taxation. The very idea that government forces you to buy a healthcare plan is a great example. True, nobody can come to your door and point a gun at you forcing you to sign an agreement with an insurance company, but if you don't comply, the government will take your badly needed hard earned money away from you.

In the past, Democrats have come up with all kinds of ideas to pressure you from owning a gun. Taxing ammunition, forcing you to buy liability insurance, government buying most of the ammunition so that it's less available and more expensive for everybody else.

So (God forbid) if Democrats ever get power of the entire government, they could easily tax the NRA right out of existence or at the very least, knock them down a few notches. Or if they are able to pick new Supreme Court Justices, we might all lose our right to own a firearm.

This is why it's so important for free loving Americans to make sure that never happens.

OMG. You're back to your "they're going to take our guns" silliness. I never saw such a bunch of paranoid babies before in my life.

There is nothing paranoid about it, especially if you have proof.

If somebody told you ten years ago that the reason we don't want the federal government involved in our healthcare is that one day they will make a law forcing us to buy health insurance, you would have said the same thing, we are paranoid.

You're a right winger. There is a long list of things you fail to see. Sad for you.

I see you're a total hypocrite, doctors have a business open to the public, shouldn't these docs face law suits for discrimination, if they refuse service?

Looking at medicine from a purely business perspective, it is one of the most regulated professions in existence.

Are they exempt from public accommodation laws?

Why would you think they are?

So in your opinion they should be sued for refusing service to people who don't answer questions unrelated to the service they are providing?

You are allowed to sue anyone you want for any reason you want. If you want to sue your doctor, go ahead.

Hardly. You made it clear you wish Hillary would outlaw the NRA. I'm not sure how it can be "chopped down several notches" without tossing the Bill of Rights into the waste bin. The very idea that the president would use government to persecute groups you disagree with is Stalinist.

Agreed, but Democrats get their way via taxation. The very idea that government forces you to buy a healthcare plan is a great example. True, nobody can come to your door and point a gun at you forcing you to sign an agreement with an insurance company, but if you don't comply, the government will take your badly needed hard earned money away from you.

In the past, Democrats have come up with all kinds of ideas to pressure you from owning a gun. Taxing ammunition, forcing you to buy liability insurance, government buying most of the ammunition so that it's less available and more expensive for everybody else.

So (God forbid) if Democrats ever get power of the entire government, they could easily tax the NRA right out of existence or at the very least, knock them down a few notches. Or if they are able to pick new Supreme Court Justices, we might all lose our right to own a firearm.

This is why it's so important for free loving Americans to make sure that never happens.

OMG. You're back to your "they're going to take our guns" silliness. I never saw such a bunch of paranoid babies before in my life.

If somebody told you ten years ago that the reason we don't want the federal government involved in our healthcare is that one day they will make a law forcing us to buy health insurance, you would have said the same thing, we are paranoid.

No, I would have said "please hurry".

No big deal.Once Hillary becomes president, she will have 8 years to regain control and get a handle on the gun nuts that have run rampant recently.Outlawing the NRA might be too much to hope for, but it will be chopped down several notches.

Whats delusional, any cluster fuck of a person trusting the Federal government.

I see you're a total hypocrite, doctors have a business open to the public, shouldn't these docs face law suits for discrimination, if they refuse service?

Looking at medicine from a purely business perspective, it is one of the most regulated professions in existence.

So in your opinion they should be sued for refusing service to people who don't answer questions unrelated to the service they are providing?

You are allowed to sue anyone you want for any reason you want. If you want to sue your doctor, go ahead.

Coward

Coward

You're the one crying because you think someone wants your guns.

Coward

Show any quote where I said that, coward.

Coward

If you haven't personally made that claim, you're certainly part of the group of goobers that constantly do.

And I'm sure you're saying the same thing about a liberal Supreme Court justice that would tilt the balance and have gun ownership ruled not protected by the Constitution.

Coward

If you haven't personally made that claim, you're certainly part of the group of goobers that constantly do.

To me this thread is about privacy, nothing more. No one deserves information not necessary to the business at hand, period.

Just browsing through my local news site and found this story about Florida Doctors wanting to nosey around their patients homes for guns. Of course they don't physically go to the house, but they want to interrogate children about guns that adults in their home may possess.

Florida passed a law that prohibits doctors from practicing this kind of interrogation, and anti-gun doctors wish to fight it, even to the Supreme Court if they have to.

I won't paste the entire piece, but just a few paragraphs that are at the heart of the story:

"Supporters in the Republican-controlled Florida Legislature and the NRA say the law became necessary when, in their view, doctors began overstepping their bounds in the examination room by pushing an anti-Second Amendment, anti-gun political agenda. The NRA cites several examples of doctors telling patients they'd have to find a new physician if they refused to answer questions about gun ownership or telling parents they should get rid of any guns in the home.

The law, supporters point out, permits doctors under a "good faith" provision to ask about firearms if the questions are deemed "relevant to the patient's medical care or safety" or the safety of other people.

"These provisions target discrimination and harassment, not speech, and they do nothing to impair doctor-patient discussions of firearm safety," NRA attorney Charles Cooper said in court papers. "Even if viewed as a speech regulation, the (law) is a reasonable regulation of speech incidental to the practice of medicine."

The law also has some teeth: doctors who violate the law could face professional discipline, such as a fine, or even lose their medical licenses. The state Department of Health would investigate any complaints, although the law has never been enforced because it was blocked in 2012 by a Miami judge's decision that found it an unconstitutional violation of free speech rights."

Battle rages over Florida law limiting doctors' gun speech

Doctors should just turn in dangerous parents.

They do. Unfortunately for you, "dangerous" is not defined as "doing and thinking things I don't approve of".

And I'm sure you're saying the same thing about a liberal Supreme Court justice that would tilt the balance and have gun ownership ruled not protected by the Constitution.

Only an idiot would think that might happen. Why can't you understand the difference between reasonable regulation and banning all guns?

Doctors should just turn in dangerous parents.

So a doctor is to be judge and jury on who are dangerous parents?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes they are. And how shall you know a dangerous parent? Any parent who owns a gun is a dangerous parent.

Oh, and any parent who doesn't buy the Gore-bull warming is a dangerous parent too.

Gore-bull warming. I think I'm going to start using that on the regular.

Only an idiot would think that might happen. Why can't you understand the difference between reasonable regulation and banning all guns?

There's no such thing as "reasonable regulation."

Of course that is not true, but I know RWNJs believe it anyway.

Describe a "reasonable regulation" on guns.

Just browsing through my local news site and found this story about Florida Doctors wanting to nosey around their patients homes for guns. Of course they don't physically go to the house, but they want to interrogate children about guns that adults in their home may possess.

Florida passed a law that prohibits doctors from practicing this kind of interrogation, and anti-gun doctors wish to fight it, even to the Supreme Court if they have to.

I won't paste the entire piece, but just a few paragraphs that are at the heart of the story:

"Supporters in the Republican-controlled Florida Legislature and the NRA say the law became necessary when, in their view, doctors began overstepping their bounds in the examination room by pushing an anti-Second Amendment, anti-gun political agenda. The NRA cites several examples of doctors telling patients they'd have to find a new physician if they refused to answer questions about gun ownership or telling parents they should get rid of any guns in the home.

The law, supporters point out, permits doctors under a "good faith" provision to ask about firearms if the questions are deemed "relevant to the patient's medical care or safety" or the safety of other people.

"These provisions target discrimination and harassment, not speech, and they do nothing to impair doctor-patient discussions of firearm safety," NRA attorney Charles Cooper said in court papers. "Even if viewed as a speech regulation, the (law) is a reasonable regulation of speech incidental to the practice of medicine."

The law also has some teeth: doctors who violate the law could face professional discipline, such as a fine, or even lose their medical licenses. The state Department of Health would investigate any complaints, although the law has never been enforced because it was blocked in 2012 by a Miami judge's decision that found it an unconstitutional violation of free speech rights."

Battle rages over Florida law limiting doctors' gun speech

Doctors have the right to ask. It's called free speech but there is an even more practical reason. MDs prescribe dangerous psych meds to dangerous patients and it is their medical and ethical responsibility to know. Doctors need to know if their crazy patients own guns. Nearly every mass shooting has involved psych meds and or crazy people with guns.

Here's one. Mentally ill people can't have guns. Sorry, turn in your guns wacko.

Here's one. Mentally ill people can't have guns. Sorry, turn in your guns wacko.

How do you know they are mentally ill? Does that mean someone who is depressed for a month can't ever buy a gun?

You really have a lot of dreams for a President, don't you? Less dreams for States Rights apparently.

I fail to see why a physician needs to know about guns in a home when their line of work is medicine. It's like your plumber asking you about sexual relations with your wife.

Don't get me wrong, everybody has a right to feel whatever it is they feel about guns, but it shouldn't be incorporated in your line of work when it involves the public.
Well, since the doctors get the dubious privilege of treating the results of the vast increase in gun ownership in the US, I can see how they would develop some strong feelings about guns in the home. Didn't used to be that big a problem. Those owning guns used them mostly for hunting, and, when necessary, self defense. However, so many of the guns today are designed only as people killers, we have a whole different attitude. And the weekly to twice weekly mass shootings are evidence of that. And you will be so proud when those are a daily occurrence.

Forum List

Back