🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida Republicans to gun hating doctors mind your own business

Big Gubmint Conservatives wanting the government to interfere in the doctor-patient relationship.

Get the government out of our lives! Except when someone does something I don't like!

If you don't like your doctor asking questions about guns, get another doctor.

That may be true if you're an adult and a doctor starts asking such questions. The problem is that doctors are asking kids about their gun situation at home and the parents might not even know about it.

So?

What do you think the kid would do? Steal his parents' guns and bring them to his doctor?

Your support of big gubmint intrusion into people's private lives is noted.

No, supporting big government intrusion is allowing doctors to do this to your children.

So, your definition of big government intrusion is the government not telling people what to do.

Got it.

Your argument is perfectly logical.

No, what I am saying is it's not a right of a doctor to interrogate children because of their political leanings on gun ownership. That's what this is all about. Physicians don't fight this hard for anything unless they are going to get some personal satisfaction out of it.

Most physicians will never have a child patent that has been shot yet alone multiple patients. It's all political Joe. It has absolutely nothing to do with the practice of medicine.

If don't like doctors asking your kids about your penis surrogates, get another doctor. Problem solved.

The doctor's job is not to molify your fetish, it's too look out for the well-being of the patient.
That doesn't work if the government requires doctors to ask those questions. Furthermore, the doctor shouldn't even be able to ask them. Hence the law.

Agreed. And a doctor is not a social worker or law enforcement. It's none of the doctors business who owns guns in the home and how many. It has nothing to do with practicing medicine.

If we the people allow this nonsense to go on, it won't be long before a doctor will be able to order a child taken out of their home based on his or her opinion about having guns in the household.

Again, 33,000 gun deaths and 70,000 gun injuries. Maybe we need to start taking some kids out of certain homes.

Spoken like a true Nazi.

BTW, 22,000 of those deaths are suicides.

Big Gubmint Conservatives wanting the government to interfere in the doctor-patient relationship.

Get the government out of our lives! Except when someone does something I don't like!

That may be true if you're an adult and a doctor starts asking such questions. The problem is that doctors are asking kids about their gun situation at home and the parents might not even know about it.

So?

What do you think the kid would do? Steal his parents' guns and bring them to his doctor?

No, supporting big government intrusion is allowing doctors to do this to your children.

So, your definition of big government intrusion is the government not telling people what to do.

Got it.

I know it's logical. There are laws that protect children when the parents are not around or not aware of a problem. I do want laws that prevent troublemakers from interrogating my child as if they were a common criminal that just held up a bank.

I don't want my child feeling guilty for the rest of their lives when social workers come to the house threatening me or my wife because of something my child innocently said to a doctor. I don't want them to further go more interrogation by child services because a child answered some political questions to satisfy a doctors curiosity.

Having legal firearms in the home is no business of somebody that practices medicine. You do your job as a doctor, and I'll do my job as a parent.

Agreed. And a doctor is not a social worker or law enforcement. It's none of the doctors business who owns guns in the home and how many. It has nothing to do with practicing medicine.

If we the people allow this nonsense to go on, it won't be long before a doctor will be able to order a child taken out of their home based on his or her opinion about having guns in the household.

Again, 33,000 gun deaths and 70,000 gun injuries. Maybe we need to start taking some kids out of certain homes.

That's because you're a big government Commie type of guy.

Of course the gun Nazis want to take kids out of their homes. That's my point. That's where this will eventually end if it's not stopped right here and now.

No, what I am saying is it's not a right of a doctor to interrogate children because of their political leanings on gun ownership. That's what this is all about. Physicians don't fight this hard for anything unless they are going to get some personal satisfaction out of it.

Most physicians will never have a child patent that has been shot yet alone multiple patients. It's all political Joe. It has absolutely nothing to do with the practice of medicine.

If don't like doctors asking your kids about your penis surrogates, get another doctor. Problem solved.

The doctor's job is not to molify your fetish, it's too look out for the well-being of the patient.

No, it's not the doctors job to look out for the "well being" of my child. That's my responsibility as a parent. The doctors job is to treat illnesses my child may have, and that's it.

Of course the gun Nazis want to take kids out of their homes. That's my point. That's where this will eventually end if it's not stopped right here and now.

If the parents were keeping rabid pitbulls or rattlesnakes around the house, we'd pull those kids out in a heartbeat.

But we don't have a "National Rattlesnake Association" trying to put a rattlesnake in every home.

No, it's not the doctors job to look out for the "well being" of my child. That's my responsibility as a parent. The doctors job is to treat illnesses my child may have, and that's it.

Given thousands of gun nutter kids are killed every year by Daddy's Fetish, you guys are doing a "bang-up" job.

So?

Got it.

I know it's logical. There are laws that protect children when the parents are not around or not aware of a problem. I do want laws that prevent troublemakers from interrogating my child as if they were a common criminal that just held up a bank.

I don't want my child feeling guilty for the rest of their lives when social workers come to the house threatening me or my wife because of something my child innocently said to a doctor. I don't want them to further go more interrogation by child services because a child answered some political questions to satisfy a doctors curiosity.

Having legal firearms in the home is no business of somebody that practices medicine. You do your job as a doctor, and I'll do my job as a parent.

So now you want Big Gubmint interfering in your family and doing your job as a parent.

Got it.

Big Gubmint "conservatives" don't like Big Gubmint unless they get to wield power over others to interfere in people's private relationships if it satisfies they're ideological beliefs.

It's so hypocritical.

You deal with it as a parent. You talk to your kid's doctor. If you don't like the questions the doctor is asking, go find another doctor.

No big deal.Once Hillary becomes president, she will have 8 years to regain control and get a handle on the gun nuts that have run rampant recently.Outlawing the NRA might be too much to hope for, but it will be chopped down several notches.

You really have a lot of dreams for a President, don't you? Less dreams for States Rights apparently.

I fail to see why a physician needs to know about guns in a home when their line of work is medicine. It's like your plumber asking you about sexual relations with your wife.

Don't get me wrong, everybody has a right to feel whatever it is they feel about guns, but it shouldn't be incorporated in your line of work when it involves the public.

When 2/3s of homicides are sucides done by gun. The truth is, if an individual is diagnosed with heavy depression and sucidal tendencies. This ususally has also got alcohol/drug abuse as well... A doctor should be able to ask does the person have a gun in the house.

Sucide by Gun is easier and effective way of commiting sucide... Hanging yourself has less than half the success rates (alot of people commit sucide being drunk...

Doctors are entrusted to save lives and asking lifecycle questions is just comment sense...

Why are the Right Wing want to get the government to interfere with doctors and their patients... Massive Government Overreach...

No big deal.Once Hillary becomes president, she will have 8 years to regain control and get a handle on the gun nuts that have run rampant recently.Outlawing the NRA might be too much to hope for, but it will be chopped down several notches.

You really have a lot of dreams for a President, don't you? Less dreams for States Rights apparently.

I fail to see why a physician needs to know about guns in a home when their line of work is medicine. It's like your plumber asking you about sexual relations with your wife.

Don't get me wrong, everybody has a right to feel whatever it is they feel about guns, but it shouldn't be incorporated in your line of work when it involves the public.

When 2/3s of homicides are sucides done by gun. The truth is, if an individual is diagnosed with heavy depression and sucidal tendencies. This ususally has also got alcohol/drug abuse as well... A doctor should be able to ask does the person have a gun in the house.

Sucide by Gun is easier and effective way of commiting sucide... Hanging yourself has less than half the success rates (alot of people commit sucide being drunk...

Doctors are entrusted to save lives and asking lifecycle questions is just comment sense...

Why are the Right Wing want to get the government to interfere with doctors and their patients... Massive Government Overreach...

No, we want laws that prohibit doctors from getting personally involved with their patents--especially children which is what we are talking about here.

No, doctors are not entrusted to ask "lifecycle" questions unless they are a psychiatrist or in the mental health field. Medical doctors practice medicine. That should be their only concern.

However what we have here are nosey leftists who practice medicine and want to use their profession to promote their personal political agenda.

If I hire you to fix my car, keep your politics at home.
If I hire you to cut my lawn, keep your politics at home.
If I hire you to babysit my children, keep your politics at home.
If I hire you because my child has a rash on his elbow, keep your politics at home.

No, we want laws that prohibit doctors from getting personally involved with their patents--especially children which is what we are talking about here.

No, doctors are not entrusted to ask "lifecycle" questions unless they are a psychiatrist or in the mental health field. Medical doctors practice medicine. That should be their only concern.

However what we have here are nosey leftists who practice medicine and want to use their profession to promote their personal political agenda.

If I hire you because my child has a rash on his elbow, keep your politics at home.

All doctors are required by law to report any suspected abuse. Sorry you don't like that.

So?

Got it.

So now you want Big Gubmint interfering in your family and doing your job as a parent.

Got it.

Big Gubmint "conservatives" don't like Big Gubmint unless they get to wield power over others to interfere in people's private relationships if it satisfies they're ideological beliefs.

It's so hypocritical.

You deal with it as a parent. You talk to your kid's doctor. If you don't like the questions the doctor is asking, go find another doctor.

This is true, but most people trust the doctor to practice medicine and not have their children being interrogated by some leftist. And what am I supposed to do after my child gets examined, ask him what personal questions the doctor asked?

And what if my child doesn't tell me either because he doesn't talk much or perhaps now feels guilty about answering the questions?

I don't like big government, but I do expect them to make sure the kitchen at the restaurant I'm eating at isn't infested with roaches. When there are things going on that I can't see or should otherwise reasonably expect to be on the level, yes, somebody has to step in and make sure people are conducting themselves in a professional way.

All doctors are required by law to report any suspected abuse. Sorry you don't like that.

Being a gun owner is not suspected abuse. It's your constitutional right. Sorry you don't like that.

If the parents were keeping rabid pitbulls or rattlesnakes around the house, we'd pull those kids out in a heartbeat.

But we don't have a "National Rattlesnake Association" trying to put a rattlesnake in every home.

So you're saying that doctors should be allowed to interrogate children if they have pets like dogs or reptiles in the home?

Sorry, but there are millions of those homes in our country and there is no law against it.

Being a gun owner is not suspected abuse. It's your constitutional right. Sorry you don't like that.

Being a drunk is legal too, but if the doctor sees how it might be hurting the kid, he should ask questions and report it if there is reason to believe the kid is at risk.

"Suspected abuse" is determined by injuries to the child, not by whether his parents own a gun.

Being a drunk is legal too, but if the doctor sees how it might be hurting the kid, he should ask questions and report it if there is reason to believe the kid is at risk.

Apples and oranges.

A better comparison would be the doctor asking the kid if there was any alcohol beverages in the home. Again, none of his or hers business.

"Suspected abuse" is determined by injuries to the child, not by whether his parents own a gun.

Suspected abuse is determined by what ever criteria the doctor wants to use.

Suspected abuse is determined by what ever criteria the doctor wants to use.

Wrong.

Forum List

Back