🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida Republicans to gun hating doctors mind your own business

Hey moron you cherry picked your numbers from incarcerated felons only

Um, yeah, that's who we lock up are "Felons". SOrry you are confused on this point.
There are crimes that aren't felonies that can have jail time as a punishment, moron

Guy, just man up and admit you made a mistake. Don't keep trying to double down because you are too much of a malignant narcissist to admit that you repeated a bit of 'conventional wisdom' without actually checking it.

As if you know anything about being a "man?"

More than half of federal prisoners are incarcerated for drug crimes in 2010,according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics,

I think that's why you like the because I said so type of society it both feeds the needs of your megalomania and it suits your dim intellect

Uh, guy, man up and admit you didn't do your research, don't try to cherry pick just the federal numbers (which actually makes sense, since theFeds have authority over drug crimes.

You claimed that half the people in prison were in there for non violent drug offenses. I proved they don't even make up 20% of ALL drug offenses.

You got it wrong. Period.
Hey moron you cherry picked your numbers from incarcerated felons only

The federal numbers include ALL federal prisoners and more than half IOW MOST were in jail for drug charges

And first you tell me not to cherry pick but then you say it makes sense and at least I used a credible source not some wierd organization

Maybe you want to think about what you post

Par for the course with Joe. He is very dishonest and has an agenda to take rights away from the people of the US. He wants us to be like wimpy Europe.

Hmmm. You are cherry picking your data by only using certain years. Overall, many, many more people die from drowning than from being shot.

Um, no, they don't.

33,000 gun deaths vs. 3900 drownings. Did you and Skull Narcisisist go to the same Home Skule Math class?

Par for the course with Joe. He is very dishonest and has an agenda to take rights away from the people of the US. He wants us to be like wimpy Europe.

You mean where they have very little crime and very few gun deaths...

I guess if you think having 2 million prisoners and 33,000 gun deaths makes us "tough", that's fine and all, but most of you wouldn't take a walk down a New York Street.

I didn't More than half of all people in our prisons are in for drug charges

I don't know how you can believe a number that said it 30% less than federal numbers since you believe everything else the government tells you

Uh, yeah, you did. You cherry picked the federal numbers instead of ALL numbers. (Hint- The Feds have more drug offenders because drug crimes are federal offenses.) Overall, drug offenders - including the violent ones, and not just the non-violent ones like you said - are only 20% of the prison population.

This is true. Society has decided that some freedoms are worth the lives lost exercising them. Swimming pool ownership is one, driving fast is another, and gun ownership is another.

Well, no, not really.

You don't have a right to "Drive fast". You have to drive the speed limit or you get a ticket! You also have to carry insurance, register your car, follow the rules of the road.

If you own a swimming pool, you have to have insurance for that, too. You will also be held liable if the neighborhood kids sneak in and swim in your pool and drown.

So if you want to really say that your fetish is like other lifestyle choices, maybe you should accept regulations, just like other lifestyle choices...
You know- "Well Regulated"..

This is true. Society has decided that some freedoms are worth the lives lost exercising them. Swimming pool ownership is one, driving fast is another, and gun ownership is another.

Well, no, not really.

You don't have a right to "Drive fast". You have to drive the speed limit or you get a ticket! You also have to carry insurance, register your car, follow the rules of the road.

Using your logic, thousands of people die in cars every year. Slowing cars down drastically means those deaths go away, so we should drastically slow all vehicles down, say to 25 mph, or even better, just do away with them entirely. And you are allowed to drive fast enough to make death likely in many collision scenarios, as evidenced by the thousands who die in such collisions every year. Now, in order to own a gun, you have to pass a background check and follow a set of laws about where and when you can discharge that gun. You are also liable should you be using that gun and hurt someone while doing so.

If you own a swimming pool, you have to have insurance for that, too. You will also be held liable if the neighborhood kids sneak in and swim in your pool and drown.

So if you want to really say that your fetish is like other lifestyle choices, maybe you should accept regulations, just like other lifestyle choices...
What fetish? I don't own a gun, nor do I have the psycho-sexual obsession about phallic symbolism that some on this board display. And, as I pointed out before, should I choose to own a gun, I face regulations around using it. If I want to carry it with me, I have to get a permit to do so, and some places don't allow me to do that at all. I can't discharge it inside city limits (unless I'm at a gun range). There are regulations in place. You seem to be hung up on the phony idea that I can simply go to the nearest convenience store, buy a Glock, stick it in my pocket and attend a speech by a democrat politician.

I didn't More than half of all people in our prisons are in for drug charges

I don't know how you can believe a number that said it 30% less than federal numbers since you believe everything else the government tells you

Uh, yeah, you did. You cherry picked the federal numbers instead of ALL numbers. (Hint- The Feds have more drug offenders because drug crimes are federal offenses.) Overall, drug offenders - including the violent ones, and not just the non-violent ones like you said - are only 20% of the prison population.

Sure Joe keep telling yourself that. Since drug crimes are more often than not federal crimes the only stat that really matters is federal

Last edited:

Well, no, not really.

You don't have to have special insurance for your swimming pool. Like most things, it's covered under your homeowners insurance. You have no federal obligation for car insurance either. That's decided on by the state.

Yes, you are liable for accidents that take place in your pool the same way you are liable for accidents with your firearm.

I guess if you think having 2 million prisoners and 33,000 gun deaths makes us "tough", that's fine and all, but most of you wouldn't take a walk down a New York Street.

Correct, because New York criminals are quite aware of their stringent gun regulations in their state. They understand that if they choose a victim to rob or harm, they are likely not armed on the street.

Then move there! For ONCE in your fucking wasted life, man up and do something more than sniveling!

Yes "gun" deaths, forget all the other deaths! Like stabbings. Hey, I know, let's make knives illegal. You can only use sporks from now on.

Then move there! For ONCE in your fucking wasted life, man up and do something more than sniveling!

Exactly! Thank you! :up:

Bye, Joe. Have a good life over there in Europe. We will miss . . . oh wait, no we won't miss you. :bye1:

Yes "gun" deaths, forget all the other deaths! Like stabbings. Hey, I know, let's make knives illegal. You can only use sporks from now on.

There are far fewer stabbing deaths than gun deaths...

WHy is it you gun nuts want to talk about swimming pools and knives and everything else but the guns.

again, i'm tired of watching small children being wheeled away in body bags because you have a fetish.

WHy is it you gun nuts want to talk about swimming pools and knives and everything else but the guns.

again, i'm tired of watching small children being wheeled away in body bags because you have a fetish.
Okay, so talk about the guns. Guns exist to hurl small objects at high velocities, that's pretty much it. There are hundreds of millions of guns in the US, and none of them roam freely in the wild. None of them seek out innocent civilians and shoot them. Heck, it was not that long ago that kids could bring guns to school with them and hunt on the way home, and no one was hurt. No schools were shot up. Today, they are, and gun free zones have become targets for the mentally insane. Guns didn't change, so what did? Perhaps if you focused on that instead of ranting about guns, you might find an answer. In short, you are whining about everything but the cause of the problem, much like whining about AIDS in the 80's without wanting to talk about intravenous drug use or sexual practices.

Your paranoia about going out in public and psycho-sexual obsession with phallic symbols, while mildly entertaining, do not inform the debate all that much.

A fetish? You're a sick fucker. I am pro rights for American citizens and not letting the government confiscate our guns or rights. Swimming pools and cars kill more people. You can't argue that point, can you?

Okay, so talk about the guns. Guns exist to hurl small objects at high velocities, that's pretty much it. There are hundreds of millions of guns in the US, and none of them roam freely in the wild. None of them seek out innocent civilians and shoot them. Heck, it was not that long ago that kids could bring guns to school with them and hunt on the way home, and no one was hurt. No schools were shot up.

Those kinds of hunting rifles weren't military grade, either. NOr did they let people like Joker Holmes or Cho Suengh-ho buy them.

A fetish? You're a sick fucker. I am pro rights for American citizens and not letting the government confiscate our guns or rights. Swimming pools and cars kill more people. You can't argue that point, can you?

Well, it's kind of hard to argue a point if you make up your own facts. You keep making this claim about "swimming pools", when in fact, I gave you the stats on drownings (all drownings, not just drownings in pools) and they aren't anywhere near the gun death total.

So here's the thing. I don't think there is a "right" to gun ownership that is comparable to the freedom to beleive in whatever sky pixie you want to. The second amendment calls for a "Well-regulated militia". Which does not mean crazy people who think they are psychotic clowns from a comic book.

Guns didn't change, so what did? Perhaps if you focused on that instead of ranting about guns, you might find an answer. In short, you are whining about everything but the cause of the problem, much like whining about AIDS in the 80's without wanting to talk about intravenous drug use or sexual practices.

Well, guy, guns DID change.

That was my point. they became deadlier, with higher rates of fire, and more accessable to people who plain old shouldn't have had that kind of firepower.

You see, it used to be, you had a gun incident, you closed off that loophole. For instance, when JFK was assassinated and that nut shot up the University of Texas, they put in restrictions on gun sales through mail order. Not anymore. Now the NRA works it so that it's easier for nuts to get guns.

Of course, you have more shootings, because you have more guns.

Here's a chart for you. While the percentage of gun ownership has gone down, the number of guns has gone up.

GPdgNQa.jpg

Gee, how about that. You've increased the number o guns by 800% since 1945, and you wonder why we have more gun incidents?

Guns didn't change, so what did? Perhaps if you focused on that instead of ranting about guns, you might find an answer. In short, you are whining about everything but the cause of the problem, much like whining about AIDS in the 80's without wanting to talk about intravenous drug use or sexual practices.

Well, guy, guns DID change.

That was my point. they became deadlier, with higher rates of fire, and more accessable to people who plain old shouldn't have had that kind of firepower.

You see, it used to be, you had a gun incident, you closed off that loophole. For instance, when JFK was assassinated and that nut shot up the University of Texas, they put in restrictions on gun sales through mail order. Not anymore. Now the NRA works it so that it's easier for nuts to get guns.

Of course, you have more shootings, because you have more guns.

Here's a chart for you. While the percentage of gun ownership has gone down, the number of guns has gone up.

GPdgNQa.jpg

Gee, how about that. You've increased the number o guns by 800% since 1945, and you wonder why we have more gun incidents?

SDT-2013-05-gun-crime-1-3.png

us-30yr-homicide-trend1-1024x318.jpg

Forum List

Back