🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida Republicans to gun hating doctors mind your own business

Neither of those charts are relevant to my point. Of course the crime rate has gone down since the 1990's- although vastly higher than Japan or Europe - because like most industrialized nations, we are getting demographically older.

But we still have 33,000 gun deaths a year compared to the handfuls they have in Europe or Japan.

In the real world, this just doesn't happen. I have had my CCW permit for 8 years now and I have been to the doctors probably 30-40 times in that period. No doctor has ever asked me about guns and I had them on me at every visit.

Okay, so talk about the guns. Guns exist to hurl small objects at high velocities, that's pretty much it. There are hundreds of millions of guns in the US, and none of them roam freely in the wild. None of them seek out innocent civilians and shoot them. Heck, it was not that long ago that kids could bring guns to school with them and hunt on the way home, and no one was hurt. No schools were shot up.

Those kinds of hunting rifles weren't military grade, either. NOr did they let people like Joker Holmes or Cho Suengh-ho buy them.
Since when are you worried about "military grade"? You've never indicated before that it made a difference. Heck, let a kid bring a .22 to school today and see what happens to him. Like I said before, guns didn't change, so maybe you should look into what did change. And, I'd like to see the legislation that prevented people from buying them that doesn't exist today.

Guns didn't change, so what did? Perhaps if you focused on that instead of ranting about guns, you might find an answer. In short, you are whining about everything but the cause of the problem, much like whining about AIDS in the 80's without wanting to talk about intravenous drug use or sexual practices.

Well, guy, guns DID change.

No, they did not. If a high schooler brought a .410 gauge shotgun or a .22 with him to school, he'd be arrested, the school would be on lock down, and terrified administrators would be calling in counselors.

That was my point. they became deadlier, with higher rates of fire, and more accessable to people who plain old shouldn't have had that kind of firepower.

You've never indicated that was the issue. Are you saying you would not have a problem with a person carrying an old fashioned 6 shooter under their jacket? Works for me.

You see, it used to be, you had a gun incident, you closed off that loophole. For instance, when JFK was assassinated and that nut shot up the University of Texas, they put in restrictions on gun sales through mail order. Not anymore. Now the NRA works it so that it's easier for nuts to get guns.

Of course, you have more shootings, because you have more guns.

Here's a chart for you. While the percentage of gun ownership has gone down, the number of guns has gone up.

GPdgNQa.jpg

Gee, how about that. You've increased the number o guns by 800% since 1945, and you wonder why we have more gun incidents?
If fewer people have guns, yet more shootings happen, obviously guns are not the problem. As I've said repeatedly, random shootings were not a problem for a long time, now they are. Guns didn't change, so we should focus on what did.

Neither of those charts are relevant to my point. Of course the crime rate has gone down since the 1990's- although vastly higher than Japan or Europe - because like most industrialized nations, we are getting demographically older.

But we still have 33,000 gun deaths a year compared to the handfuls they have in Europe or Japan.

Are you including their suicide rates too? Because the US has one of the lowest suicide rates in the world.

Take note our violent crime and in particular--gun crime has gone down since the 90's. It wasn't due to less guns and more regulation, it's more proportional with more people getting their carry permits and laws that allow victims to use deadly force against the criminal.

Prior to our drop in violence, we did do it the liberal way. We had places where guns were rare for citizens, and of course, the criminals had the guns. We had laws that forbade home owners and apartment tenants from using deadly force to protect themselves and their homes. If a criminal broke in, just let him take what he wants.

Now that we are doing things our way, we are seeing improvements. The conservative courts are even siding with us and forcing states to permit citizens to have and carry firearms. Criminals are getting the message that we are no longer sitting ducks for them to take shots at.

Of course, you would love to reverse that, wouldn't you Joe? You would love to go back to the way things were when criminals had the upper hand and society would arrest and jail people who simply defended themselves with deadly force.

Are you including their suicide rates too? Because the US has one of the lowest suicide rates in the world.

Well, no, we don't. We are actually higher than most of the INdustrialized world except for Japan.

But go ahead and repeat whatever shit you heard on Gun Nut websites. Go ahead and claim more people die of drowning like ChrisL did and then keep insisting that's the case when you are shown numbers from the CDC that disprove that.

You've never indicated that was the issue. Are you saying you would not have a problem with a person carrying an old fashioned 6 shooter under their jacket? Works for me.

If they are properly licensed, trained, monitored by the state, required to carry heavy amounts of insurance and can have their guns taken away the first time they get caught slapping the old lady around...

Naw, I still think you need to learn to live with your tiny dick.

Well, no, we don't. We are actually higher than most of the INdustrialized world except for Japan.

But go ahead and repeat whatever shit you heard on Gun Nut websites. Go ahead and claim more people die of drowning like ChrisL did and then keep insisting that's the case when you are shown numbers from the CDC that disprove that.

Wrong as usually Joe:

List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So according to your list, the ONLY G-7 country that is a lot higher than us is Japan at #18.

We are number 50.

France is virtually tied at #47
Germany is #74
Italy is #128
Canada is #70 - I thought they've higher with those long winters and dark periods
The United Kingdom is 105

but we are ahead of miserable third world countries... wooo-hooo, USA, USA, USA.

So according to your list, the ONLY G-7 country that is a lot higher than us is Japan at #18.

We are number 50.

France is virtually tied at #47
Germany is #74
Italy is #128
Canada is #70 - I thought they've higher with those long winters and dark periods
The United Kingdom is 105

but we are ahead of miserable third world countries... wooo-hooo, USA, USA, USA.

And to think, all those other 49 countries don't have the firearms that we have in this country.

Geee..........how do you suppose that happens anyway? I thought (according to you) that our suicide rate was proportional to guns. I guess not, huh?

How much did they spend on that idiotic safety net on the Golden Gate Bridge to help prevent suicides anyway? Do you think Americans shot themselves first before jumping off?????

And to think, all those other 49 countries don't have the firearms that we have in this country.

Geee..........how do you suppose that happens anyway? I thought (according to you) that our suicide rate was proportional to guns. I guess not, huh?

Those other 49 countries aren't first world industrialized democracies. Only Japan rates high on that list.

And they have a culture that considers suicide to be honorable compared to failure and disgracing your family, and they STILL only manage to kill only slightly more of themselves than we do.

If they are properly licensed, trained, monitored by the state, required to carry heavy amounts of insurance and can have their guns taken away the first time they get caught slapping the old lady around...

Naw, I still think you need to learn to live with your tiny dick.
They didn't have to have all that back then and people weren't being slaughtered. You say that guns have changed, yet by far the vast majority of concealed carry permit holders carry weapons that have not changed a whole lot for a long time. Doesn't it bother you to openly demonstrate your psycho-sexual obsession with phallic symbols?

Again I will state. You should look into what has changed, not what hasn't.

They didn't have to have all that back then and people weren't being slaughtered. You say that guns have changed, yet by far the vast majority of concealed carry permit holders carry weapons that have not changed a whole lot for a long time. Doesn't it bother you to openly demonstrate your psycho-sexual obsession with phallic symbols?

I told you what happened. We went from having less than 40 million guns, usually owned by people of means, to having 370 million of them, often owned by losers with tiny dicks.

Back in the day, we wouldn't have let a Holmes or a Lanza walk into a gun store and buy one.

[Q

What penalty does the NRA advocate if you do leave a loaded gun laying around and your kid shoots themselves with said gun?

What penalty do you advocate for yourself if you have a swimming pool and your child drowns in it? There are thousands of children that have drowned in swimming pools.

Should you go to jail?

It is the responsibility of a parent to protect their children from hazards. The NRA provides training and children's programs to promote safe firearms ownership.

If you agree that children should be taught to not touch firearms and that parents should keep the firearms out of the accessibility of children then you should put your money where your mouth is and join the largest gun safety in the world.

Whenever there is a tragedy with a firearm and children there is usually irresponsibility on the part of some adult along the way. No different than any other tragedies that unfortunately happens in many homes every day.

More reason to at least require some training for gun owners. Many people really don't know the dangers to a child. of having a gun around. They think "those tragedies will never happen to my family". They need to be told how often it does happen, and what they should do to prevent it.

You must think people are truly stupid. I think that vast majority of adults understand that children shouldn't be allowed near guns.

I told you what happened. We went from having less than 40 million guns, usually owned by people of means, to having 370 million of them, often owned by losers with tiny dicks.

Back in the day, we wouldn't have let a Holmes or a Lanza walk into a gun store and buy one.

And just when did Americans only have 40 million guns?

Funny how much right wingers love those doctors when baby boy accidently shoots daddy.

[Q

What penalty does the NRA advocate if you do leave a loaded gun laying around and your kid shoots themselves with said gun?

What penalty do you advocate for yourself if you have a swimming pool and your child drowns in it? There are thousands of children that have drowned in swimming pools.

Should you go to jail?

It is the responsibility of a parent to protect their children from hazards. The NRA provides training and children's programs to promote safe firearms ownership.

If you agree that children should be taught to not touch firearms and that parents should keep the firearms out of the accessibility of children then you should put your money where your mouth is and join the largest gun safety in the world.

Whenever there is a tragedy with a firearm and children there is usually irresponsibility on the part of some adult along the way. No different than any other tragedies that unfortunately happens in many homes every day.

More reason to at least require some training for gun owners. Many people really don't know the dangers to a child. of having a gun around. They think "those tragedies will never happen to my family". They need to be told how often it does happen, and what they should do to prevent it.

You must think people are truly stupid. I think that vast majority of adults understand that children shouldn't be allowed near guns.

I'm sure many do, but we both know many don't.

[Q

Should you go to jail?

I'm sure many do, but we both know many don't.

You mean like 0.0000001%?

And just when did Americans only have 40 million guns?

I posted the chart.

Here's the thing. the Gun Industry used to be responsible. their market was hunters.

Then hunting stopped being a cool sport. Probably because murdering animals for fun isn't cool. but never mind. People stopped doing it.

so then the gun industry decided to start selling fear. Fear of criminals. Fear of the government. Fear someone might notice how tiny your dick is.

Forum List

Back