Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

DeSantis reflect the values of Florida and we are damn glad he is shoving this down Disney's throat.

However, as much as I hate the Disney shitheads I would rather have him push Constitutional carry.

That did come up this year. Died in subcommittee. I'm betting it will pass next session.

HB 103 (2022) - Carrying of Firearms Without Licenses | Florida House of Representatives

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

What the Florida Senate did by voting to end Disney’s tax privilege sends a clear message that DeSantis will not be manipulated by corporations or their lobbyists. In Washington DC, that is a dangerous power to wield

You stupid moron.
What they did was attack free enterprise.
But clearly - you are too ignorant abut macroeconomics to realize that.

Stupid, fucking conservatives who are against free enterprise.
You people are as bad as liberals who are against free enterprise.

And now the counties will have to take on that burden. Do they have the personnel to take it on? Do they have the equipment to take it on?

Lots of Concern for Florida from the same leftists that hated Florida for its Covid response. Many wished Floridians dead.
Leftism must be exhausting. Is it any wonder their so angry all the time.

Far left & Left will claim Florida is a combination of “ The Handmaid’s tale “ and “ The Man in the High Castle “

President Biden has been in office longer for the pandemic than the former 1-term orange fuckup.
And your Vegetable Messiah had all of Trump's vaccines, even though he claimed there was none when he took office despite already getting it.:cuckoo:

Also, your Vegetable Messiah promised to end Covid. WTF happened?

They will use the new tax dollars, and raise them if needed.

The Free Ride is over, Woke Mickey.
Where have all you mouth breathers been all these years if Disney has been screwing the state of Florida all these years?

Living in a cave? Or just waiting for slime like Desantis to show you the way out?

I think just the first two words of your post was fine. I asked who is picking up the tab? You said "Orange County". I got my answer.

Sucks for the folks who live in Orange County I guess.
No, not really.

Disney will be a tax and fee revenue gold mine for Orange County and the City of Orlando.

Not only taxes but assessments, permit fees, inspection fees, just about anything you can think of.

Add on top of that the government bureaucracy and the typical corruption payoffs they will have to make.

Orange County use to make money off of indirect sources like hotel and entertainment taxes. Now they will be able able to go to the Big Enchilada directly.

Disney knew in 1967 dealing with the locals would be a nightmare so that is why they negotiated the Reedy Creek Improvement District. That little honey pot is going away. That will teach them to try and bring California Liberal bullshit to Florida. God bless DeSantis.

Where have all you mouth breathers been all these years if Disney has been screwing the state of Florida all these years?

Living in a cave? Or just waiting for slime like Desantis to show you the way out?
States rights, Dipshit.

Read the Constitution.

Is there any logical reason in the world for a multi billion dollar corporation like Disney to have a special tax privilege not to mention self governing like a separate state? Florida should have done it a long time ago.
Back in the 1960s it was a big deal to get Disney into Central Florida. They were able to write their own ticket.

In addition to buying really cheap land they could buy off most of the politicians and they did.

It was a big mistake to let the bastards in. Most of us that was living here at the time hated the idea. However, we weren't getting the payoffs like the politicians in Tallahassee.

Central Florida was a paradise before Disney. Now it is turning into a shithole. Piss on Disney.

Nope, the money collected by Disney will just get reallocated. That's more than quarter BILLION dollars this year. Plus, now you will see tourism taxes tacked on just like Anaheim and Buena Park do for hotels and services around Disneyland.
Orange and Oseola Counties already have a significant tourist tax. They tapped that honey pot a long time ago.

Woke is sick and needs to be punished out of existence. If we don't then we're facing another dark age and I am not kidding.

I'll bet money that a lot of the stuff that Disney has on the Reedy Creek Improvement District don't meet the same building code requirements they have in Orange and Osceola Counties.

Hehe!

And your Vegetable Messiah had all of Trump's vaccines, even though he claimed there was none when he took office despite already getting it.:cuckoo:

Also, your Vegetable Messiah promised to end Covid. WTF happened?
You maga fuckup crybabies happened.

On what grounds will it go to court?

Florida granted special privileges to Disney at the discretion of Florida. Florida just ended those privileges.
Grounds? They are Mouse with Uber lawyers. In my former life I watched companies tie up things for decades.

Forum List

Back