Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

Fla's law on don't say gay is an overreach,
Have you actually READ the law? It does nothing more than restrict teachers from discussing sexuality with kids in kindergarten through 3rd grade or so. IOW, from about the age of 4-5 up to the age of 9 or 10. You know, children who don't yet even understand what sex is all about? Disney is actively advocating for that indoctrination. All they have to do to stop the law going into effect is to comply with that rule. If they refuse then they can deal with the consequences. If they decide to pull stakes and build elsewhere, they're free to do so.

Where did you stay?
We took our daughter there and stayed in the park at a place with a Buzz Lightyear theme. She had a blast but the part I remember most is that she had to get out of the pool several times due to "solids alerts" :rolleyes:

Have you actually READ the law? It does nothing more than restrict teachers from discussing sexuality with kids in kindergarten through 3rd grade or so. IOW, from about the age of 4-5 up to the age of 9 or 10. You know, children who don't yet even understand what sex is all about? Disney is actively advocating for that indoctrination. All they have to do to stop the law going into effect is to comply with that rule. If they refuse then they can deal with the consequences. If they decide to pull stakes and build elsewhere, they're free to do so.
The law allows parents to sue teachers directly. It is simply a means to harass gay teachers who run afoul of xians.

Even without the law, school districts can enact and enforce policy restricting all teachers from "sharing" information about what the do with their free time, and with whom

I'll admit to not being fully versed on this issue so, if I'm missing something, please tell me. But I just think it's wrong to punish someone simply because they have a different opinion

This was the question.

I want to go on record as Stating I am NOT a supporter of the LGBTQ Crowd. BIOLOGICAL MEN do NOT belong in WOMEN'S SPORTS or LOCKER ROOMS

I agree with you 100%...

When government gives something it can also take it away
Of course it can.

But to do so, to hastily punish a company for simply voicing their opinion that differed with our government's actions, to shut them up and or punish them for their constitutionally granted freedom of speech/opinion to differ with our govt.....

Is just plain wrong, imo.

Threatening and using the govt's power to curtail their constitutional right to free speech, and the threat of curtailing anyone elses free speech rights in the future, is wrong wrong wrong....unlawful, unconstitutional!

ADMIT IT!!!! For the good Lord's sake!

I personally thought it was time to reconsider the benefits Disney had been given to govern themselves the past half a century and the Florida legislature should have been debating the removal of such benefits, pros and cons, and made a thought out, debated, decision.

But to do such as a hasty way to shut them up and punish them for differing with our government, is CORRUPT, and UNCONSTITUTIONAL and an ABUSE of government power!

Removing Disney's special existence has been talked about several times before.
Perhaps Disney should remember not to upset their very unique existence to virtue signal.

And, as has been mentioned before, it's okay to do it for reasons that it's unfair to other businesses which might benefit from similar concessions.

But to do it because the CEO of Disney disagrees with it is setting a very dangerous precedent...

We all had a good time, stayed in the park and got the extra hours of rides and such. But once we were home it was unanimous that while it was good time nobody wanted to go back.
Now you will have to make a special trip to show support for Disney

I suggest the annual gay day if that is still on the Disney calender

And, as has been mentioned before, it's okay to do it for reasons that it's unfair to other businesses which might benefit from similar concessions.

But to do it because the CEO of Disney disagrees with it is setting a very dangerous precedent...

But their tribe did it, so they cannot say that it was wrong to do.

It is the world we now live in

That's a load of crap.

Yes, literally, in places like Portland and San Francisco.

1650562949598.png

Of course it can.

But to do so, to hastily punish a company for simply voicing their opinion that differed with our government's actions, to shut them up and or punish them for their constitutionally granted freedom of speech/opinion to differ with our govt.....

Is just plain wrong, imo.

Threatening and using the govt's power to curtail their constitutional right to free speech, and the threat of curtailing anyone elses free speech rights in the future, is wrong wrong wrong....unlawful, unconstitutional!

ADMIT IT!!!! For the good Lord's sake!

I personally thought it was time to reconsider the benefits Disney had been given to govern themselves the past half a century and the Florida legislature should have been debating the removal of such benefits, pros and cons, and made a thought out, debated, decision.

But to do such as a hasty way to shut them up and punish them for differing with our government, is CORRUPT, and UNCONSTITUTIONAL and an ABUSE of government power!
It reminds me of homo’s trying to put Christian bakers and florists out of business

Now you will have to make a special trip to show support for Disney

I suggest the annual gay day if that is still on the calender

You must be smoking dope. I could not care less about Disney.

I will keep Disney plus at least till Moon Knight is over and then probably longer to see Obi Wan.

This is far less about Disney and far more about the Govt punishing dissent.

Forum List

Back