Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

You must be smoking dope. I could not care less about Disney.

I will keep Disney plus at least till Moon Knight is over and then probably longer to see Obi Wan.

This is far less about Disney and far more about the Govt punishing dissent.

What is the justification for allowing a corporation to govern itself, when other corporations in the same industry can't? Either all of them be allowed to do it, or none of them be allowed. The government should not be picking favorites when it comes to private businesses.

You must be smoking dope. I could not care less about Disney.

I will keep Disney plus at least till Moon Knight is over and then probably longer to see Obi Wan.

This is far less about Disney and far more about the Govt punishing dissent.
How about government giving preferential treatment to some but not others?

with Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter to now Disney getting its comeuppance I think libs are getting a taste of their own medicine

How are they abusing their power?
Trying to cancel things like laws passed by our legislatures. Censoring US citizens to appease their Chinese masters. Getting people fired from their jobs because they don’t obey the Regime in Washington.

And, as has been mentioned before, it's okay to do it for reasons that it's unfair to other businesses which might benefit from similar concessions.

But to do it because the CEO of Disney disagrees with it is setting a very dangerous precedent...
But Koch advocates for pollution!

I'm not saying Koch is evil for doing so, btw.

What "little game"?

You would know idiocy. Your posts reflect as such.
When Republicans catch on to Ronny's vendetta attacking Disney just because they won't pay ball with him he'll change his tune because he's nothing but a political hack, dupe.

Trying to cancel things like laws passed by our legislatures. Censoring US citizens to appease their Chinese masters. Getting people fired from their jobs because they don’t obey the Regime in Washington.
How is any of that litany applicable to education of 1-3 graders?

Just heard on the local news.

The Florida House voted to do away with the Reedy Creek District.

The Senate passed it yesterday.

Now all it will take is DeSantis signature.

Disney is fucked.

That will teach the Libtard bastards to bring their queer and trans agenda here to Florida and to try and take on DeSantis.

Hope Disney stock drops even more.

And, as has been mentioned before, it's okay to do it for reasons that it's unfair to other businesses which might benefit from similar concessions.

But to do it because the CEO of Disney disagrees with it is setting a very dangerous precedent...
I get that. And I will go along with that, but special treatment to one company while crucifying another is nothing new whatsoever. Giving ENORMOUS benefits to a company that donates to a certain parties campaign funds and lobbiest that throw parties and lavish dinners - they get whatever the fuck they want. Including direct help to put their competitors out of business.

When Republicans catch on to Ronny's vendetta attacking Disney just because they won't pay ball with him he'll change his tune because he's nothing but a political hack, dupe.
DeSantis gives real whores a good name, lol, at least the ones who don't rob the johns, but imo DeSantis is doing exactly what the xians want.

Just heard on the local news.

The Florida House voted to do away with the Reedy Creek District.

The Senate passed it yesterday.

Now all it will take is DeSantis signature.

Disney is fucked.

That will teach the Libtard bastards to bring their queer and trans agenda here to Florida and to try and take on DeSantis.

Hope Disney stock drops even more.

Sweet, there goes close to a billion dollars in debt Disney held that is now no longer theirs.

Importing cheap foreign workers to take Americans jobs

except for the pro sexual pervert thing Disney is a strange bedfellow for the left

DeSantis "little game" is going to cost Disney Groomers, Inc a few hundred million dollars a year so I think they will keep their little queer Libtard mouths shut the next time.
"Groomers"? Is that a new word which has more then four letters that you clowns just learned?

How long before you short attention span gullible dupes move on to your next hysterical crisis at the hands of people like DeSantis?

Oh btw, sucker. Is Desantis going to revoke special status from Daytona Speedway which is granted some of the same bennies that Disney has? Or are they different because they haven't crossed thick Ronny Boy?

Sweet, there goes close to a billion dollars in debt Disney held that is now no longer theirs.
Yeah. This hurts disney's ability to build and grow without paying off local hacks, but I think that's essentially right. Local govt is now responsible for all public utilities at the World. If a the Disney RCID holds a bond that paid for some construction improvement, and the county now has duty of the RCID, I'd think the taxpayers owe the bond holders.

It's a stupid law on several levels. It actually takes away power from citizens and school boards to run schools. And it at least seems to put debt burden on local govt.

Forum List

Back