Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

It will all be billed backed to Disney.

Do you know they have six armored cars carrying cash out of that goddamn place EVERY day? That doesn't even include the electrionic transfers. Those Democrats running the Orange and Osceola Counties and the cities of Orlando and Kissimmee now have the keys to those armored cars.

You Moon Bats should be glad. No more free ride for the Disney pricks.
Corporations don't pay taxes.

Next

Most of Disney's property is NOT in Orlando and Orange County.
Disney World actually consist of three cities (Bay Lake, Buena Vista and Celebration Station). They are incorporated by Reedy Creek. Now that there is no more Reedy Creek they are ripe for incorporation by Orange and Osceola Counties. Ca ching!

The government isn’t punishing dissent. Do you or do you not want 5 year olds to be subjected to gender queer theories that they then will have to live with for the next 80 years unless they become part of the half of these people that commit suicide? Which one are you for? And don’t give me this fucking big government stepping on your rights bullshit. These children have rights too and if it makes you sad well who the fuck cares. A teacher who can’t do their job without teaching this shit? Gone. Fuck off. Go see how your blue haired ass does in the real world.

Disney better rethink who the hell they have running this mouse show. Those videos of them saying what they did is fucking horrific. They all should be gone. Yesterday.

I don’t give a flying fuck how you feel about it. The law is designed and enforced by the government. You can’t be a pedophile no matter what job you have or company you work for. I’d rather see Disney shut down than allow the crap their leaders want to force on kids. Fuck them.

Meh. This is just grandstanding by Rump Mini-Me. Will all be overturned by the courts.

Do you think the two-county taxpayers will be ok stuck with the operating expenses of Disney?

How about the bond market? If the state of Florida does pay for it, it will again be the taxpayers footing the bill.

So, Nah. Just red meat for the usual mouth-breathing nincompoops that have the attention of a fly.
200.gif

Now they get to pay taxes for it. I thought you all were for corporations paying their fair share.

They already do. But now the counties get more than a billon dollars in bond debt along with the upkeep of all the roads and pipes and water treatment plants as well as being responsible for all the fire services. Do you think they will get enough in taxes from Disney to make up for all that?

I am starting to think Disney did this on purpose, being able to give away a billion dollars in bond debt alone is pretty huge.

Yes it is. The sponsor of the bill even said so.

And nobody is saying one should be allowed to be, including Disney.
No dissent wasn’t the purpose. It was actions. Do you really want an entire kids corporation deciding they will indoctrinate your child into the gender queer lifestyle? Their board members seem to think you should be fine with that. And if you aren’t they will sneak it in anyway.

What does the bill do?​

The bill declares that any special district created before November 1968 will be dissolved on June 1, 2023. The text is just over a page in length and offers few details.

What that means for Disney and for Florida taxpayers is not entirely clear. Republican sponsors were unable to give detailed answers to questions about financial and legal implications of the legislation during floor discussions Thursday. They suggested that the legislature could work through logistics of the dissolution over the next year.

The dissolution of the special district would mean that Orange and Osceola counties take on the assets and liabilities of Reedy Creek. That could lead to higher taxes for those residents to pay off Reedy Creek's debts and take over the care of roads, policing, fire protection, waste management and more.

State Sen. Gary Farmer, a Democrat, was one of a number of Democratic lawmakers who criticized the bill for what he called "shoot first, ask questions later."

So, the bill is a ode to idiot sycophancy.

What you are saying is that they do not have the right of free speech.
They do, and florida should not punish them for speaking out, but,.when they start saying they are going to wield their influence to leverage politicians and change laws, then we have a problem..

Granted, some of the things disney employeed have said should certainly be made widely known, so people can decide if they want to spend their money there.

Last edited:
No dissent wasn’t the purpose. It was actions.

Yes it was. The sponsor of the bill stated that Disney has one year to rethink their opinion of Florida laws.

Do you really want an entire kids corporation deciding they will indoctrinate your child into the gender queer lifestyle?

Nobody wants to do that, including Disney.

I think you are confused. Do a little research.

The tax breaks are less than the cost taxpayers will have to now absorb since Disney will no longer be doing it or paying for it.

Seriously, look it up.
Disney levied $169 million in property taxes on its own properties to cover coats. Now the county gets that tax revenue

Forum List

Back