Florida student makes racist prom proposal...

“If I was black, I’d be picking cotton, but I’m white, so I’m picking u 4 prom,” FOX13 Tampa reported Monday.
"Cotton on the road side, cotton in the ditch, we all picked the cotton but we never got rich."-Song Of The South" from country band Alabama

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. In other words, picking cotton wasn't just a black person thing. Everyone did it.

In other words, some had no choice or liberty to go somewhere and not pick cotton and were dehumanized objects at the whim of exploitative materialists. Hardly humorous.

So, cotton is a racist textile in the insane, politically correct world of lying, pompous, smug and groupthink douchebag's minds? I love cotton. I will always love cotton. I don't care if an individual who free got room and board at a plantation picked it, someone who had to pay his expenses picked or a machine picked it. It is great and will always be great. Silk is cool to though.

Florida school district condemns student's racist 'promposal'

A Florida school district on Monday condemned a white student’s 'promposal' sign after critics charged the language used was racist.

A senior at Riverview High School in Sarasota posted to social media a photo of himself holding the homemade sign that read: “If I was black, I’d be picking cotton, but I’m white, so I’m picking u 4 prom,” FOX13 Tampa reported Monday.

The Sarasota County School district posted a statement on its website calling the “promposal” racial in nature.

“Neither the school district nor Riverview High School condones or supports the message conveyed in the post,” the statement said, adding the student may face disciplinary action.

Riverview acting principal Kathy Wilks sent a message to students and parents on Monday, saying many who saw the post were understandably upset with its contents, WFLA-TV reported.

The promposal ignited online outrage, FOX13 Tampa reported. Some commenters said the student shouldn’t be allowed to go to the dance, with others calling the post shameful and unnecessary.

The student, identified as 18-year-old Noah Crowley by the Sarasota Herald-Tribune, purportedly posted an apology on Snapchat in which he said the sign "was a complete joke and it went too far."

I don't see what's racist about it. He's obviously saying that he has extra time for the prom due to his lack of gainful employment. :dunno:
How else is a racist going to find a like-minded lady racist?

Cotton is a racist plant and needs to be holocausted. ASAP! At least set up cotton museums in every major city in the world and have dozens of watchdog groups keep an eye on folks denying that cotton is racist. And put them in prison.

Florida school district condemns student's racist 'promposal'

A Florida school district on Monday condemned a white student’s 'promposal' sign after critics charged the language used was racist.

A senior at Riverview High School in Sarasota posted to social media a photo of himself holding the homemade sign that read: “If I was black, I’d be picking cotton, but I’m white, so I’m picking u 4 prom,” FOX13 Tampa reported Monday.

The Sarasota County School district posted a statement on its website calling the “promposal” racial in nature.

“Neither the school district nor Riverview High School condones or supports the message conveyed in the post,” the statement said, adding the student may face disciplinary action.

Riverview acting principal Kathy Wilks sent a message to students and parents on Monday, saying many who saw the post were understandably upset with its contents, WFLA-TV reported.

The promposal ignited online outrage, FOX13 Tampa reported. Some commenters said the student shouldn’t be allowed to go to the dance, with others calling the post shameful and unnecessary.

The student, identified as 18-year-old Noah Crowley by the Sarasota Herald-Tribune, purportedly posted an apology on Snapchat in which he said the sign "was a complete joke and it went too far."

I don't see what's racist about it. He's obviously saying that he has extra time for the prom due to his lack of gainful employment. :dunno:
Why don't black people like to use aspirin?

b/c they have to pick cotton to use it.

had to get that out of my system.

now the world needs to lighten the fuck up and the school needs to shut the fuck up, they can't punish the kid for using his First.

Forum List

Back