Florida teen girl body-slammed by school resource officer 'traumatized,' suffering from memory loss, headaches, blurry vision & sleep deprivation

Those are symptoms of a concussion. My sister has the same issues after a car accident in December.

i-smell-a-lawsuit-.jpg

Yet another case of a Black "hero" who was victimized while doing what she should not have been doing.

Yet another case that would have ended with ZERO harm if she had simply done what the guard told her to do.

She deserves no sympathy. While I know it will not happen, I hope the school fights this - takes it to trial and exposes her conduct fully. This becomes a sort of "lottery," where BIPOC's enrich themselves by shunning normal standards of conduct, being slammed for it, then threatening to sue.

Disgusting.

Only because she is black and the officer is white. Like I said all LEO should abandon black hoods. That video is not disturbing.

Yet another case of a Black "hero" who was victimized while doing what she should not have been doing.

Yet another case that would have ended with ZERO harm if she had simply done what the guard told her to do.

She deserves no sympathy. While I know it will not happen, I hope the school fights this - takes it to trial and exposes her conduct fully. This becomes a sort of "lottery," where BIPOC's enrich themselves by shunning normal standards of conduct, being slammed for it, then threatening to sue.

Disgusting.
*nods*

Man opens his gym during a mandatory shutdown... Gets fined. Wouldn't have happened if he would have done what they told him to.

Hell, Parler gets shut down for... I'm not sure. But if they would have done what they told them to do... It wouldn't have.

I say all of this because I don't believe that is a good argument to make with the information available. I absolutely believe that there are reasons out there for forcefully taking down the teenager in the manner that it happened. I don't know if any of those apply because not enough information is known.

Man opens his gym during a mandatory shutdown... Gets fined. Wouldn't have happened if he would have done what they told him to.

You have to ask the questions...

... was the order to close the gym a lawful and Constitutional order?

... was the police officer's arrest lawful and Constitutional or was the girl lawfully resisting arrest?

Disgusting.
The only disgusting thing here is you!
Of course it's not a big deal because of her color, huh? Yeah if you're black and being "unruly " as you said then you get slammed and knocked unconscious then it's ok..

The sad part is I bet you feel like that about every encounter you see when a policeman does something remotely like this to a minority.

There's something called excessive force that hopefully this cop gets nailed with, and she gets paid! No different than all you Karen's and Ken's going in places showing your ass about not wanting to wear a mask and threatening to sue.

DICKHEAD

You have to ask the questions...

... was the order to close the gym a lawful and Constitutional order?

... was the police officer's arrest lawful and Constitutional or was the girl lawfully resisting arrest?
I agree. And I will happily say there are times that resisting or not complying is the right thing to do. A blanket statement of she should have done as she was told is a bad argument to begin with, but certainly when we know next to nothing of the important details.

It's just as bad as a blanket statement that it should NEVER happen. The "officer" has no scenario where he should take her down hard and fast. Uhh... Nope... Just as stupid.

And I will happily say there are times that resisting or not complying is the right thing to do.

If it is done passively, then I would agree. However, physically assaulting a police officer is just a really bad idea.

We live in a country that, for the most part, enjoys the rule of law. If you feel you are being arrested or searched extra-judiciously then getting physical with the arresting officers is a really bad idea.

Many people have beliefs that cause them to think (mostly incorrectly) they are above the rule of law. Sovereign Citizens are one example of these. They often physically resists police and it invariably doesn't end will for them, on the street or in court.

Comply with the arrest and have your day in court.

Disgusting.

Did you just defend the people that attacked the Capitol on Jan 6th?

And I will happily say there are times that resisting or not complying is the right thing to do.

If it is done passively, then I would agree. However, physically assaulting a police officer is just a really bad idea.

We live in a country that, for the most part, enjoys the rule of law. If you feel you are being arrested or searched extra-judiciously then getting physical with the arresting officers is a really bad idea.

Many people have beliefs that cause them to think (mostly incorrectly) they are above the rule of law. Sovereign Citizens are one example of these. They often physically resists police and it invariably doesn't end will for them, on the street or in court.

Weren't the girls just yelling at each other?

Did she? I didn't see or read that...

For most circumstances, even majority, I agree. But I can think of reasons why I wouldn't. They are far fetched and highly unlikely to happen, but it's still there. Trying to do absolutes is generally bad.

I wasn't there, were you?

I agree that there is not enough on that video to make any sort of informed judgement. What was going on prior that led to the forceful restraint/slam? Was there a physical altercation going on, or just a verbal one? Did the teen attack the officer first? Or was it just yelling and rudeness, and the officer didn't want to take it and went too far in his response? Without more evidence, I just can't say, so whether this was justified is something I don't have much of an opinion on.

I wasn't there, were you?

Just referring to the videos and witnesses. It will get sorted out.

There are several videos. I have no idea, but apparently it was a verbal altercation.
I've only seen the one over and over. But ***if *** she's yelling she's got a gun and was going to cap her ass... It's that uniforms duty to take her down and restrain her just as fast as he can given the location and circumstances. Don't get me wrong, he shouldn't be trying to hurt her, but it's absolutely a secondary consideration to gaining control of her.

Oh.. It's just a verbal altercation though... technically.

Edit: Change to reflect that I'm talking about a made up scenario, not known facts of what was actually said between the teens.

Last edited:
There are several videos. I have no idea, but apparently it was a verbal altercation.
I've only seen the one over and over. But if she's yelling she's got a gun and was going to cap her ass... It's that uniforms duty to take her down and restrain her just as fast as he can given the location and circumstances. Don't get me wrong, he shouldn't be trying to hurt her, but it's absolutely a secondary consideration to gaining control of her.

Oh.. It's just a verbal altercation though... technically.

I missed that. She said she had a gun?

Forum List

Back