Florida's good ol' boy system is alive and well.

You seriously don't know the answer to that question? What does “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?" mean on the BATF Form 4473?

On September 21, 2011, the ATF issued an Open Letter stating “any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.”

If a person uses marijuana legally or otherwise, they're still ineligible to even posses a firearm, by federal law. IN other words, they're committing a felony.

I'm surprised you didn't know that.
What legal weight does "an Open Letter" carry?

What legal weight does "an Open Letter" carry?

With the ATF? Quite a lot of legal weight. They pretty much do what they want. Remember bumpfire stocks and stabilizing braces? They were legal until recent rulings by the ATF.

Attachments

• 4FB81716-CF30-4768-AEF5-BCC134E20F37.png
    4FB81716-CF30-4768-AEF5-BCC134E20F37.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 17
All I get from your link is this:

X

I got the same thing.

I don't see what the big deal is about this. As if there aren't enough black people selling pot already. Do we really need more?

Legal THC should have restrictions with age and background checks before purchasing. Meanwhile, the OP is desperately trying to gaslight.

The OP is a foreigner, probably English and gives a link that's behind a pay wall. So unless someone paid up, this whole damn thread is a farce.

The OP is a foreigner, probably English and gives a link that's behind a pay wall. So unless someone paid up, this whole damn thread is a farce.

I didnt know Newsvine is a foreigner or I would not have responded at all

There's no such thing as a "registered" firearm, unless you're into guns that go "Brrrrrt." Merely possessing a firearm while being a drug user means you're committing a felony, whether you get caught or not. No less than a common murderer, drug dealer, robber, car-jacker, illegal alien, mentally-ill person, convicted rapist or spousal abuser who walks the street while possessing a firearm.

I never took you for such a blind rule follower. I am also shocked a hard core rightwinger like you is so compliant with Govt firearm registration rules. To compare someone who owns a gun and smokes pot to a rapist and common murderer truly shows how much of the Govt propaganda you have bought into.

I never took you for such a blind rule follower. I am also shocked a hard core rightwinger like you is so compliant with Govt firearm registration rules. To compare someone who owns a gun and smokes pot to a rapist and common murderer truly shows how much of the Govt propaganda you have bought into.

Just presenting the rules we have to live by. I don't make them, I just follow them.

Are you saying it's ok to disregard federal law? Shame on you. :laughing0301:

Yet oddly enough it is the rightwingers in this thread defending the draconian gun and drug laws

What's "Draconinan" about wanting to enforce existing gun laws? We don't need more guns laws, the ones in place are sufficient.

You know damned well I'm right.

I dont consider laws against harmful drugs as draconian

When they outlaw caffeine and alcohol you might change your mind...or then again you might just blindly go along with those as well

Just presenting the rules we have to live by. I don't make them, I just follow them.

Are you saying it's ok to disregard federal law? Shame on you. :laughing0301:

As I said, I never took you as one so compliant with Govt rules and regulations. I bet you never go over the speed limit either.

What's "Draconinan" about wanting to enforce existing gun laws? We don't need more guns laws, the ones in place are sufficient.

You know damned well I'm right.

Correct, we do not need more gun laws, we already have too many. What is Draconinan about the laws is a guy could drink a case of beer a night and not be breaking the law by possessing firearms, but he has one hit off a joint once a week and you say he is no different than a fucking rapist.

Forum List

Back