Flynn Admitted to Lying Under Oath

Oh, please, Coyote, please. All the lying those -respected- officials did in public? Yet when under oath their stories were quite different. When will you admit it? Ever? What’s in this for you?

:desk:She lost her temper and showed her true colors (again)....the CYA always follows one of her outbursts.
What amazes me is when Hillary did outright lie, it wasn’t lying according to them. Hypocrites one and all.

What amazes me is that you apply completely different standards to Hilary and Trump & Co.

Hypocrite.

Then you need to throw out every single guilty plea don't you?
Only for those defendants who want to change their plea, like Flynn.
:dunno:

Ok so they should all be allowed to just change their plea.

After pleading twice.

Or just Flynn?
No, all of them should be able to change their plea before sentencing, and they routinely ARE allow to do so. This is not just about Flynn.

Government cannot abuse citizens and coerce them into guilty pleas, then point to the plea as evidence of guilt. That is completely asinine.

No. They are not routinely allowed to do so.

Judges allow defendants to withdraw guilty pleas only in limited situations.
From your OWN FUCKING LINK:

Pre-Sentence Withdrawal
A defendant can typically withdraw a guilty plea that a judge hasn’t yet accepted. Also, defendants who have pleaded but not yet been sentenced can sometimes get out of their deals, particularly when the judge rejects the negotiated agreement pursuant to which the defendant pleaded. (The prosecution can sometimes back out of a deal, too.)

For example, if Clay pleads guilty to bribery in exchange for the prosecution’s agreement to a three-years-or-less sentence, but the judge indicates an intention to sentence him to five years, he can probably withdraw the plea.

:laughing0301:

You are better than this. Quit letting your Trump hatred blind you.

Oh. And let's actually look at what you quoted (but maybe didn't actually read?) and put it in terms of Flynn's case (tone down your automatic Trump Defense System please).

First: Did the Judge accept Flynn's guilty plea?

Second: did you take note of certain terms - "sometimes" and "when the judge rejects the negotiated agreement pursuant to which the defendant pleaded"
Flynn has not been sentenced. The judge cannot have accepted his plea bargain if he has not been sentenced. What part of that do you not get?

That part about it not being accepted until he is sentenced.

A plea bargain (or plea deal) occurs when the prosecution and defense negotiate and agree upon the appropriate resolution of a criminal case. There are several types of plea bargain (see What are the different kinds of plea bargaining?), but no agreement is binding until the parties present it to a judge who approves it.

Presenting the Plea to the Judge
To evaluate a proposed plea bargain, the judge must know all the terms of the deal, including any future conditions or unusual aspects. For example, if Donnie Defendant is offered a lighter sentence in return for future testimony against a codefendant, the parties must make this condition clear to the judge when presenting the terms of the plea. Similarly, the parties would have to inform the judge if there is anything unusual in how he is to complete his sentence—for example, if the terms of the plea require him to perform 600 hours of community service, but only on weekends.

Judicial Discretion in Evaluating Plea Deals
A judge has discretion to decide whether to accept or reject a plea agreement. To make that decision, the judge evaluates whether the punishment is appropriate in light of the seriousness of the charges, the defendant’s character, and the defendant’s prior criminal record.

Other factors to consider include:
  • the underlying facts of the case (or factual basis for the plea)
  • the interests of the victim (although a court can accept or reject a plea agreement without the victim’s approval), and
  • the interests of the general public.
Deciding on the Plea
While plea procedure varies from judge to judge and jurisdiction to jurisdiction, judges must always decide whether to accept the plea terms before the defendant actually enters the plea.

When judges decide on a proposed plea bargain, they may be able to
  • accept the terms of the plea agreement
  • reject the terms of the agreement
  • defer the decision until considering the presentence report
  • accept the plea agreement on certain terms, but reject the negotiated sentence (called a partially negotiated plea in some jurisdictions), or
  • suggest that the defendant plead without a negotiated agreement (if, for example, the judge is inclined to give a lighter sentence than the plea deal calls for).
In some jurisdictions, if the prosecution and the defendant agree to a sentence and the judge accepts the negotiated plea, that judge must accept the entire agreement, including the agreed-upon sentence. In other jurisdictions, even when accepting a plea agreement, the judge isn't required to accept the sentencing recommendation. Some jurisdictions require that the accused be given the opportunity to withdraw the plea if the judge doesn’t follow the sentencing recommendation. (See Withdrawing a Guilty Plea.)

When judges refuse a proposed plea bargain, they must follow their jurisdiction’s procedure, which usually requires that they identify on the record the reasons for not accepting the deal.

If the Judge Accepts the Plea
Once the judge accepts the defendant’s guilty or no contest plea and enters a conviction, that judge can’t later overturn the plea agreement. However, when the parties agree upon a negotiated plea that requires that the defendant perform certain conditions, the court retains jurisdiction until the conditions are satisfied. If the defendant doesn’t satisfy the conditions, the judge can reject the plea and resentence the defendant. An example is a defendant who, in order to receive community service instead of jail time, agreed to but failed to complete the assigned service.
Once again you ignore
Why, Coyote? Why?

Oh, please, Coyote, please. All the lying those -respected- officials did in public? Yet when under oath their stories were quite different. When will you admit it? Ever? What’s in this for you?

:desk:She lost her temper and showed her true colors (again)....the CYA always follows one of her outbursts.

Are you going to show your true colors and insert race into this again?

What amazes me is when Hillary did outright lie, it wasn’t lying according to them. Hypocrites one and all.

What amazes me is that you apply completely different standards to Hilary and Trump & Co.

Hypocrite.
Her emails proved she lied. There is no other standard. Period.
she stated Benghazi was due to a video in public while emailing Chelsea it was not due to a video! Just one of many.

Speaking of lying we caught the Ukraine Kid lying big time today.

Creepy Joe stated that he didn't know nutin about Flynn but he was exposed as being one of the assholes that unmasked Flynn.

Lying sonofabitch.

A rapist, an idiot, a corrupt asshole and a big fat liar.

The perfect Presidential candidate for the Party of Moon Bats.

Hypocrite.

Not me. I accept that Trump is a monster in business, screws strippers, often exaggerates, is a bully, and has kids I wouldn't hire to mow my lawn. On the other hand, if you're going to deal with dictators and friends who are worse, you need a guy like him in the WH. He loves America which is a helluvalot more than you can say for the Kenyan. I fully intend to vote for him again...he's been an incredible President and along with Reagan, the best in my lifetime.

There were no crimes done against vainglorious and deceitful General Flynn. He was convicted by a jury, his attempts to have it reversed thrown out. The judge has seen all the documentation. Like all of Trumps criminal crony's - he will remain a free man regardless of what the judge (and jury) determines because he has the right connections: Trump and Russia.

Flynn was not convicted by a jury. There was never a jury trial.

And I'll tell you the same as I tell anyone else; if you claim that his guilty pleas are evidence of guilt then you are a racist and I can give dozens, if not hundreds, if not thousands, of cases where prosecutors have threatened people of color to plea deals by threats of very long sentences and those cases were later proved to be wrong.

Where did you pull that from? A - I agreed guilty pleas can be coerced. But B - there is no, zero evidence of that. And there is clear evidence he lied, and was given every opportunity to tell the truth.

Hypocrite.
Her emails proved she lied. There is no other standard. Period.
she stated Benghazi was due to a video in public while emailing Chelsea it was not due to a video! Just one of many.

Flynn lied to the FBI. Flynn stated, two different times, under oath, that he lied.

The fact you apply a completely different standard to him and his boss, known for exuberant lying, and call others hypocritical, says a great deal.

Speaking of lying we caught the Ukraine Kid lying big time today.

Creepy Joe stated that he didn't know nutin about Flynn but he was exposed as being one of the assholes that unmasked Flynn.

How could Biden be "one of", what did they all take turns turning over one letter of Flynns name, and Biden got the "L" and the first "N"?

A - I agreed guilty pleas can be coerced. But B - there is no, zero evidence of that. And there is clear evidence he lied, and was given every opportunity to tell the truth.

It's hard for Flynn to tell the truth, when he just lied to the Vice President, who was specifically sent by President Trump to question Flynn.

So lying to Pence was like lying directly to president Trump. Which is why Trump fired Michael Flynn.

After pleading twice.

Or just Flynn?
No, all of them should be able to change their plea before sentencing, and they routinely ARE allow to do so. This is not just about Flynn.

Government cannot abuse citizens and coerce them into guilty pleas, then point to the plea as evidence of guilt. That is completely asinine.

Pre-Sentence Withdrawal
A defendant can typically withdraw a guilty plea that a judge hasn’t yet accepted. Also, defendants who have pleaded but not yet been sentenced can sometimes get out of their deals, particularly when the judge rejects the negotiated agreement pursuant to which the defendant pleaded. (The prosecution can sometimes back out of a deal, too.)

For example, if Clay pleads guilty to bribery in exchange for the prosecution’s agreement to a three-years-or-less sentence, but the judge indicates an intention to sentence him to five years, he can probably withdraw the plea.

Oh. And let's actually look at what you quoted (but maybe didn't actually read?) and put it in terms of Flynn's case (tone down your automatic Trump Defense System please).

Second: did you take note of certain terms - "sometimes" and "when the judge rejects the negotiated agreement pursuant to which the defendant pleaded"
Flynn has not been sentenced. The judge cannot have accepted his plea bargain if he has not been sentenced. What part of that do you not get?

A plea bargain (or plea deal) occurs when the prosecution and defense negotiate and agree upon the appropriate resolution of a criminal case. There are several types of plea bargain (see What are the different kinds of plea bargaining?), but no agreement is binding until the parties present it to a judge who approves it.

To evaluate a proposed plea bargain, the judge must know all the terms of the deal, including any future conditions or unusual aspects. For example, if Donnie Defendant is offered a lighter sentence in return for future testimony against a codefendant, the parties must make this condition clear to the judge when presenting the terms of the plea. Similarly, the parties would have to inform the judge if there is anything unusual in how he is to complete his sentence—for example, if the terms of the plea require him to perform 600 hours of community service, but only on weekends.

A judge has discretion to decide whether to accept or reject a plea agreement. To make that decision, the judge evaluates whether the punishment is appropriate in light of the seriousness of the charges, the defendant’s character, and the defendant’s prior criminal record.

• the interests of the victim (although a court can accept or reject a plea agreement without the victim’s approval), and
Deciding on the Plea
While plea procedure varies from judge to judge and jurisdiction to jurisdiction, judges must always decide whether to accept the plea terms before the defendant actually enters the plea.

• accept the plea agreement on certain terms, but reject the negotiated sentence (called a partially negotiated plea in some jurisdictions), or
  • suggest that the defendant plead without a negotiated agreement (if, for example, the judge is inclined to give a lighter sentence than the plea deal calls for).
In some jurisdictions, if the prosecution and the defendant agree to a sentence and the judge accepts the negotiated plea, that judge must accept the entire agreement, including the agreed-upon sentence. In other jurisdictions, even when accepting a plea agreement, the judge isn't required to accept the sentencing recommendation. Some jurisdictions require that the accused be given the opportunity to withdraw the plea if the judge doesn’t follow the sentencing recommendation. (See Withdrawing a Guilty Plea.)

When judges refuse a proposed plea bargain, they must follow their jurisdiction’s procedure, which usually requires that they identify on the record the reasons for not accepting the deal.

Once the judge accepts the defendant’s guilty or no contest plea and enters a conviction, that judge can’t later overturn the plea agreement. However, when the parties agree upon a negotiated plea that requires that the defendant perform certain conditions, the court retains jurisdiction until the conditions are satisfied. If the defendant doesn’t satisfy the conditions, the judge can reject the plea and resentence the defendant. An example is a defendant who, in order to receive community service instead of jail time, agreed to but failed to complete the assigned service.
Once again you ignore
Why, Coyote? Why?

What specific exculpatory material was provided? Did the judge see it? What did the judge say?

I know the answer to this, but I'm curious as to what you will say.

A - I agreed guilty pleas can be coerced. But B - there is no, zero evidence of that. And there is clear evidence he lied, and was given every opportunity to tell the truth.

It's hard for Flynn to tell the truth, when he just lied to the Vice President, who was specifically sent by President Trump to question Flynn.

So lying to Pence was like lying directly to president Trump. Which is why Trump fired Michael Flynn.

I agree - he was caught between a rock and a hard place, but it was his own doing.

Guilt is not determined by popular opinion or messageboards. If there is enough evidence to merit charges that are prosecutable, then it will go forward. Otherwise you are just blowing hot air.

A highly respected US Attorney looked into the case and recommended the guilty plea be withdrawn, and the charges dropped. The Attorney General accepted that and dismissed the case. You lose.

And many highly respected US Attorney's thought the opposite. Unfortunately I think history is going to look at these affairs as a dark blight on the rule of law. What the FBI did was procedural and technical errors, sloppy work and firings were deserved. What the Trump administration has done, through Barr, is circumvented the entire justice system. The message is - if you are in good terms with Trump...there is no accountability.

“This is a pardon disguised as a technical legal matter.”

Oh please Depotoo - cut the crap. You can't possibly accept that Flynn lied? That the judge was right? That maybe there can be a difference of opinion here? You have bits and pieces of "evidence" - half of it out of context or immaterial (and here I refer back to the judge).
What I can accept is evidence of how he was threatened. Coyote, tell me how you can ignore that? Tell me how you can’t understand they went in to break him to get rid of him? I have read all the evidence, transcripts, texts, emails, etc. Documents disappear for 2 years that were exculpatory! They state they didn’t detect him lying yet suddenly he is charged with that crime they stated he didn’t commit and documents are -lost-? Get real here!
What pisses me off more than anything is seeing this crap from our most sacred institutions. You better hope you never ever end up in such a situation. Or do you feel you are invincible?
I fathom you haven’t or you are more entrenched than you will admit to anyone here.

After pleading twice.

Or just Flynn?

Pre-Sentence Withdrawal

Deciding on the Plea

Once again you ignore
Why, Coyote? Why?

What specific exculpatory material was provided? Did the judge see it? What did the judge say?

Only something like 6800 pages withheld. That’s all. And within those pages documents stating they did not feel he was being deceitful! Just maybe those.

I agree - he was caught between a rock and a hard place, but it was his own doing.

When Flynn lied to VP Mike Pence, he started down the long dark road he could never recover from. Trump sent Pence to question Flynn, and Pence came back reporting the lie that Flynn told him. Trump gave that as the reason he fired Flynn.

The FBI going after Flynn was just the DOJ putting legal teeth behind lying to the Vice President (or President) which isn't a crime.

But it's never a good thing to have a national security advisor who starts off by lying to the president about a national security issue.

After pleading twice.

Or just Flynn?

Pre-Sentence Withdrawal

Deciding on the Plea

Once again you ignore
Why, Coyote? Why?

Only something like 6800 pages withheld. That’s all. And within those pages documents stating they did not feel he was being deceitful! Just maybe those.

Again. What did the judge say?

What I can accept is evidence of how he was threatened. Coyote, tell me how you can ignore that? Tell me how you can’t understand they went in to break him to get rid of him?

Trump fired Flynn because he lied to Pence.
The rest was just icing on the cake.

Excuse me.

You conveniently fail to mention that the VP has recently said he was not sure Flynn lied to him. Back in January of 2017, he was being told by Seditionists and Coup Plotters like Sally Yates that he might have lied based on the transcript of the Ambassador's phone call...but he had not seen that phone call transcript, nor the FBI Agents first report of what Flynn told them--which was that they didn't think he lied, and their first written report is NOW MISSING.

But, more importantly, you confuse alledged Lies. Even if Flynn lied to the VP, which is not a crime....it only got him fired...and had nothing to do with the crime of lying to the FBI, which he was charged with almost a year later---under the Mueller Inquisition of All Republicans.

You have it all jumbled up, and you seem hopelessly confused.

At issue today is that Flynn was effectively tortured into pleading guilty to a crime he likely didn't commit.

Yes, he pled Guilty, but it was to keep his family from going bankrupt and under the threat of the Goons going after his son for some unrelated bullshit having to do with Turkey.

It was psychological, emotional, financial TORTURE---by our own Government...and it is not less effective than physical torture---such as what was done to a Black kid being beaten in a Mississippi jail until HE confessed to a crime he didn't commit back in the 1950's.

Obviously you would have a different opinion of THAT guilty plea, obtained by physical torture, than you do about the kind of torture a 33 year combat general went through. But there is really no difference to a Fair Minded Person, as opposed to a Blind Partisan.

Flynn finally got a lawyer willing to address this injustice...like the ACLU came along and addressed the injustice going on in Mississippi. It is inconvenient for you to see the injustice to General Flynn in the same light, but it is essentially the same kind of injustice....and it is about to be set right. Deal with it, ye Blind Partisan.
18 days Pence. Everyone in the Trump shit show is and or was a f'n liar.

Guilt is not determined by popular opinion or messageboards. If there is enough evidence to merit charges that are prosecutable, then it will go forward. Otherwise you are just blowing hot air.

A highly respected US Attorney looked into the case and recommended the guilty plea be withdrawn, and the charges dropped. The Attorney General accepted that and dismissed the case. You lose.

And many highly respected US Attorney's thought the opposite. Unfortunately I think history is going to look at these affairs as a dark blight on the rule of law. What the FBI did was procedural and technical errors, sloppy work and firings were deserved. What the Trump administration has done, through Barr, is circumvented the entire justice system. The message is - if you are in good terms with Trump...there is no accountability.

“This is a pardon disguised as a technical legal matter.”

Oh please Depotoo - cut the crap. You can't possibly accept that Flynn lied? That the judge was right? That maybe there can be a difference of opinion here? You have bits and pieces of "evidence" - half of it out of context or immaterial (and here I refer back to the judge).
What I can accept is evidence of how he was threatened. Coyote, tell me how you can ignore that? Tell me how you can’t understand they went in to break him to get rid of him? I have read all the evidence, transcripts, texts, emails, etc. Documents disappear for 2 years that were exculpatory! They state they didn’t detect him lying yet suddenly he is charged with that crime they stated he didn’t commit and documents are -lost-? Get real here!
What pisses me off more than anything is seeing this crap from our most sacred institutions. You better hope you never ever end up in such a situation. Or do you feel you are invincible?
I fathom you haven’t or you are more entrenched than you will admit to anyone here.

That right there is where you totally lose me to the conspiracy theory. There is no evidence "they" wanted to get rid of him. There IS evidence he did not want to reveal the extent of his ties with Russia and this is evident not just in what he lied about but in the omissions he made in critical paperwork as well.

You know that the DOJ doesn't have to provide exculpatory evidence except in preparation for trial. And because Flynn plead guilty, there was no "trial". Several district circuits, including the USSC overturning the 9th circuit says that discovery is a "trial" right, and not one required for a plea bargain.

Forum List

Back