Food stamps don't buy diapers, so one mom found this solution

It is nice to read of this example of private charity.

My wife and I used reusable diapers with our child, mostly. They are expensive up front but save money in the long run.

They do require more time for washings. As we had a washer and drying in our house this was not much of a chore.

We used disposables when we were out.

I was working only part time at the time, and at night.

A society where two incomes in NOT REQUIRED, is a goal of mine, and imo, should be a goal of society.

A society where two incomes in NOT REQUIRED, is a goal of mine, and imo, should be a goal of society.

Very noble "goal" but impossible in the real world.

Humans are flawed creatures and there will always be iniquities, failure, crime, oppression, corruption, insanity, dishonesty and every other negative human trait you can think of.

How about use cloth and not expensive disposal diapers?

Are you volunteering to wash all of those dirty diapers yourself?

Is there something wrong with the mother's ability to wash?
It's called TIME, WHEN MOTHERS WORK there is less time to manage the extra workload...

If the fathers agreed to do the separate washings for the diapers every single day, then the mother's can do the kid's baths and feedings and cleaning needed for a safe, clean, baby environment...

Deal?

Many women, 45 percent, are head of household, single or divorced women and the father has high tailed it....

Without a father's presence in the household to help by watching the kid's, while mom is lugging dirty diapers to the laundromat every day after she gets home from work, makes it more difficult....

My mom didn't work for a living, and we had a washer and dryer in home when up north and dad to help....

That just is not what we have today, there are very few Mayberrys in today's world.
Those women choose those deadbeats and get pregnant with a guy who isn't ready to be a father.

The only reason we don't tell these women the truth is the churdren.

Humans are flawed creatures and there will always be iniquities, failure, crime, oppression, corruption, insanity, dishonesty and every other negative human trait you can think of.
If we shrunk the population, if poor people had less kids, if more kids were raised properly, we could have less of all those negative things.

If we shrunk the population, if poor people had less kids, if more kids were raised properly, we could have less of all those negative things.

if this.... if that.... if something else

humans are flawed and you can't "fix" or socially engineer human traits away...

Yes, because we should expect mothers to use uncomfortable fabric for their babies.. Typical RW solution.

Anyone raised before Pampers was tortured by "uncomfortable" fabrics, and the poor mothers, already working their fingers to the bone managed to wash the effing diapers.

Too funny. Everyone survived.
I never said tortured, and I do not want to deal with rwnj's wanting to return to the past.

Cloth diapers made sense when mothers were at home and had the time to wash them. Once they were forced to out to work there simply wasn't the time to deal with them any longer.

Who forced them to work?

Yea we know left wing ideology in the 60's and beyond

Yes, because we should expect mothers to use uncomfortable fabric for their babies.. Typical RW solution.

Anyone raised before Pampers was tortured by "uncomfortable" fabrics, and the poor mothers, already working their fingers to the bone managed to wash the effing diapers.

I never said tortured, and I do not want to deal with rwnj's wanting to return to the past.

Cloth diapers made sense when mothers were at home and had the time to wash them. Once they were forced to out to work there simply wasn't the time to deal with them any longer.

Who forced them to work?

middleclasscharticle_fig3-2.png

Decline Of The US Middle Class - Business Insider

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/01/25/upshot/shrinking-middle-class.html

upload_2015-9-13_11-2-36.png

Onus is on you to prove your fallacious claim "left wing ideology" is the cause of this decline.

Who forced them to work?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/01/25/upshot/shrinking-middle-class.html

View attachment 50101

Onus is on you to prove your fallacious claim "left wing ideology" is the cause of this decline.

Of course it is now you have homos marrying...

Its a moral decline of civilization..it's just like when Rome burned...History is repeating itself...enjoy :)

My wife and I used reusable diapers with our child, mostly. They are expensive up front but save money in the long run.

They do require more time for washings. As we had a washer and drying in our house this was not much of a chore.

Two incomes are NOT required.

My wife hasn't worked since our wedding day and we've raised four kids, ten grandkids and three greatgrandkids.
And that's with all of them living with us at one time or another.
Have two grands and two greatgrands sitting in my living room right now.

You don't need the suv and the prius.
You don't need flatscreens in every room.
You don't need $300 cellphones.

Fucking cripes I had two kids in diapers at the same time...no washer, no dryer, no laundramat...I washed diapers by hand every day. Took maybe 25 minutes.
Good for you!

Where did you dry them?

Did you live in a house with a clothesline? My mom used a clothes line....to dry them when we lived in the South...

Now apartment complexes ban clothes lines.

The volunteer program in the op is a great program that helps people, why argue against it?
I'm not arguing against it. I'm arguing against the notion that cloth diapers aren't a reasonable option. I bought a drying rack for $8 at a hardware store and it stood next to the wood stove in the winter. In the summer, a clothesline outside.

LOL, further evidence that liberals are retards. You can wash cloth diapers and if you can't afford diapers you can't afford a baby. Even dogs can fuck, humans should have a little more going for them upstairs.

Two incomes are NOT required.

My wife hasn't worked since our wedding day and we've raised four kids, ten grandkids and three greatgrandkids.
And that's with all of them living with us at one time or another.
Have two grands and two greatgrands sitting in my living room right now.

You don't need the suv and the prius.
You don't need flatscreens in every room.
You don't need $300 cellphones.
I've raised four kids on one income...so did my mom. My son is raising two on one income. Both he and his wife work their asses off...him at a job (40 hours plus he picks up side jobs) and her at home. And it works and their kids are very well provided for. No welfare, no food stamps needed.

Who forced them to work?

View attachment 50101

Its a moral decline of civilization..it's just like when Rome burned...History is repeating itself...enjoy :)

Thank you for disqualifying yourself from ever being mistaken for someone with anything of substance to contribute.

Have a nice day.

Who forced them to work?

View attachment 50101

Thank you for disqualifying yourself from ever being mistaken for someone with anything of substance to contribute.

Have a nice day.

You too since you don't know history...

:) but you have to try to stop it from repeating itself and that's what's happening

Doesn't much matter. All of you idiots with babies-toddlers are going to witness their demise in this shithole of a world anyhoo.
Only a moron would choose to have a kid in these times.
Pregnancy 2005> = child abuse.

There is nothing impossible about it.

Craft policy to encourage rising wages, and reduce living expenses.

More and more families would be able to go to one income and one full time homemaker.

if this.... if that.... if something else

humans are flawed and you can't "fix" or socially engineer human traits away...

The Two income family is not a "human trait" it is a result of policy and culture.

Forum List

Back