Food stamps don't buy diapers, so one mom found this solution

A society where two incomes in NOT REQUIRED, is a goal of mine, and imo, should be a goal of society.

Very noble "goal" but impossible in the real world.

Humans are flawed creatures and there will always be iniquities, failure, crime, oppression, corruption, insanity, dishonesty and every other negative human trait you can think of.

There is nothing impossible about it.

Craft policy to encourage rising wages, and reduce living expenses.

More and more families would be able to go to one income and one full time homemaker.

20 some thousand years of human evolution tend to disprove.

...you can "craft" all the "policies" you want...artificial social engineering doesn't work.

It is nice to read of this example of private charity.

My wife and I used reusable diapers with our child, mostly. They are expensive up front but save money in the long run.

They do require more time for washings. As we had a washer and drying in our house this was not much of a chore.

We used disposables when we were out.

I was working only part time at the time, and at night.

A society where two incomes in NOT REQUIRED, is a goal of mine, and imo, should be a goal of society.
Two incomes are NOT required.

My wife hasn't worked since our wedding day and we've raised four kids, ten grandkids and three greatgrandkids.
And that's with all of them living with us at one time or another.
Have two grands and two greatgrands sitting in my living room right now.

You don't need the suv and the prius.
You don't need flatscreens in every room.
You don't need $300 cellphones.

My wife recently talked me into moving to a bigger house.

Now we find that she needs to work more. It is very annoying.

I have hopes that that will be a temporary situation, on the order of a few months.

Humans are flawed creatures and there will always be iniquities, failure, crime, oppression, corruption, insanity, dishonesty and every other negative human trait you can think of.
If we shrunk the population, if poor people had less kids, if more kids were raised properly, we could have less of all those negative things.

if this.... if that.... if something else

humans are flawed and you can't "fix" or socially engineer human traits away...

The Two income family is not a "human trait" it is a result of policy and culture.

strawman...and cherry picking
never said it was, did I?

It is nice to read of this example of private charity.

My wife and I used reusable diapers with our child, mostly. They are expensive up front but save money in the long run.

They do require more time for washings. As we had a washer and drying in our house this was not much of a chore.

We used disposables when we were out.

I was working only part time at the time, and at night.

Two incomes are NOT required.

My wife hasn't worked since our wedding day and we've raised four kids, ten grandkids and three greatgrandkids.
And that's with all of them living with us at one time or another.
Have two grands and two greatgrands sitting in my living room right now.

You don't need the suv and the prius.
You don't need flatscreens in every room.
You don't need $300 cellphones.

My wife recently talked me into moving to a bigger house.

Now we find that she needs to work more. It is very annoying.

I have hopes that that will be a temporary situation, on the order of a few months.

hey..free houses and ferraris for everybody would solve the problem, comrade

More and more families would be able to go to one income and one full time homemaker.

...you can "craft" all the "policies" you want...artificial social engineering doesn't work.

The majority of families only had one income as recently as the 60s.

If we want to make that an easier option, we can.

right...by "crafting" artificial "policies"? Tell me a few of them..maybe you can convince me..

If we shrunk the population, if poor people had less kids, if more kids were raised properly, we could have less of all those negative things.

The Two income family is not a "human trait" it is a result of policy and culture.

I said I wanted it, you said that we can't have it because of "negative human trait".

If that was not what you meant, please restate your point more simply for me.

I said I wanted it, you said that we can't have it because of "negative human trait".

If that was not what you meant, please restate your point more simply for me.

I didn't say that, though..
I said what I meant... no point in re typing it...

We continue to want bigger, better and the latest, then it won't happen.

right...by "crafting" artificial "policies"? Tell me a few of them..maybe you can convince me..

1. Deport illegals and stop further immigration to reduce supply of labor and encourage higher wages.

2. Tariffs against nations that we have large trade deficits with.

3. School vouchers that can also be used for homeschooling.

4. Repeal of truancy laws and child labor laws to end artificially extended "childhood" for young adults, and thus reduce cost per child.

For starters.

Hey, changing that could be Change I would support.

1. Deport illegals and stop further immigration to reduce supply of labor and encourage higher wages.

2. Tariffs against nations that we have large trade deficits with.

3. School vouchers that can also be used for homeschooling.

4. Repeal of truancy laws and child labor laws to end artificially extended "childhood" for young adults, and thus reduce cost per child.

For starters.

I'm convinced.

Those are all good strategies and they could very well change the way american families live.

Capitalism relies on that...on the very nature of keeping up with the Jones's...

As per President Bush, the 1 thing we could do as Americans after 9/11 was:

to go SHOPPING!

Like going along with your wife in getting a bigger better home so she can work more hours?

Capitalism relies on that...on the very nature of keeping up with the Jones's...

to go SHOPPING!

Yeah and now we all bitch because businesses are building cash reserves. But Americans still refuse to save. They want bigger, better and the latest. And Bush said that in 2001 and you still hang on to it? Talk out living in the past.

Like going along with your wife in getting a bigger better home so she can work more hours?

Exactly.

I hope to repair that damage to our finances soon, and I will be more resistant in the future.

to go SHOPPING!

Capitalism does not require that every American be up to their necks in debt.

Lazy Capitalist might require that.

But F**k them.

Exactly.

I hope to repair that damage to our finances soon, and I will be more resistant in the future.

Hope you can. I'm wanting a smaller home, less yard. Hell, a condo in a small city would be nice.

Forum List

Back