Food stamps don't buy diapers, so one mom found this solution

How about use cloth and not expensive disposal diapers?
Yes, because we should expect mothers to use uncomfortable fabric for their babies.. Typical RW solution.

Anyone raised before Pampers was tortured by "uncomfortable" fabrics, and the poor mothers, already working their fingers to the bone managed to wash the effing diapers.

Too funny. Everyone survived.

They just HAVE to exaggerate things to ridiculous extremes....
you can't have a mature discussion with them...it's all name calling and taunting or wild alarmist exaggerations and hyperpartisan hyperbole..

Right wing solution: It's your fault for being poor, stop using diapers, here, take this rag.

Yes you moron, disposable diapers are not a necessity, they are just convenient. If you can't afford them then use cloth. You act like what type of diapers are being used is some kind of humanitarian crisis.

they'll say ANYthing to try to inflame and agitate..

Yes, because we should expect mothers to use uncomfortable fabric for their babies.. Typical RW solution.

Anyone raised before Pampers was tortured by "uncomfortable" fabrics, and the poor mothers, already working their fingers to the bone managed to wash the effing diapers.

Too funny. Everyone survived.
They were very soft. My mom kept them and later used them for other things.

Op is about 19 years old...he already knows everything...no point trying to have an honest discussion with him.

beavis and butthead represent "culture" to his generation...

Are you volunteering to wash all of those dirty diapers yourself?

Is there something wrong with the mother's ability to wash?
It's called TIME, WHEN MOTHERS WORK there is less time to manage the extra workload...

If the fathers agreed to do the separate washings for the diapers every single day, then the mother's can do the kid's baths and feedings and cleaning needed for a safe, clean, baby environment...

Deal?

Many women, 45 percent, are head of household, single or divorced women and the father has high tailed it....

Without a father's presence in the household to help by watching the kid's, while mom is lugging dirty diapers to the laundromat every day after she gets home from work, makes it more difficult....

My mom didn't work for a living, and we had a washer and dryer in home when up north and dad to help....

That just is not what we have today, there are very few Mayberrys in today's world.

Last edited:
Fucking cripes I had two kids in diapers at the same time...no washer, no dryer, no laundramat...I washed diapers by hand every day. Took maybe 25 minutes.

Fucking cripes I had two kids in diapers at the same time...no washer, no dryer, no laundramat...I washed diapers by hand every day. Took maybe 25 minutes.
Good for you!

Where did you dry them?

Did you live in a house with a clothesline? My mom used a clothes line....to dry them when we lived in the South...

Now apartment complexes ban clothes lines.

The volunteer program in the op is a great program that helps people, why argue against it?

I think it is great that these kind of places that help out are out there....

but I also believe that cloth diapers are okay as well, and all of us older than 40 or so probably wore them, their cotton and not harsh....HINT--any time cotton becomes stiff is too much fabric softner, rinse in a white vinegar and water mixture and the fabric softner will be removed, allowing the cotton to be soft again, and using fabric softner till they get stiff and repeat the vinegar and water rinse....this works on towels that have lost their softness as well.... ;)

Pros and cons

Pro Paper-for any working mother or mother that has more than one child in diapers, paper diapers is the only way you can accomplish all that needs accomplishing with your job, cooking and household chores...

Con-paper diapers add greatly to our land fills, paper diapers takes manufacturing and releasing greenhouse gases, and if from actual paper, kills trees.

Pro Cloth- Reusable, saves a lot of space in landfills by not using daily paper diapers...protects the environment.

Con cloth- takes a lot of time to wash and dry them, takes more clean, drinkable water to wash them, most poor people do not have their own laundry in their homes and would have to lug the crap filled diapers, daily, to the laundry area of the complex or to a laundromat, taking way too much time....when mothers did not work for a living, this was easier to do.

Another problem: some laundromats do not permit them to be washed in their machines. (For obvious reasons.)

Are you volunteering to wash all of those dirty diapers yourself?

Is there something wrong with the mother's ability to wash?
It's called TIME, WHEN MOTHERS WORK there is less time to manage the extra workload...

If the fathers agreed to do the separate washings for the diapers every single day, then the mother's can do the kid's baths and feedings and cleaning needed for a safe, clean, baby environment...

Deal?

Many women, 45 percent, are head of household, single or divorced women and the father has high tailed it....

Without a father's presence in the household to help by watching the kid's, while mom is lugging dirty diapers to the laundromat every day after she gets home from work, makes it more difficult....

My mom didn't work for a living, and we had a washer and dryer in home when up north and dad to help....

That just is not what we have today, there are very few Mayberrys in today's world.

Government paid the Dad to leave

Forum List

Back