🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Football Coach for Christ - Out of a job

PaintMyHouse

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2014
...No Worse Enemy
Bye bye, American Taliban. Keep your god out of our schools, or else...

"A high school football coach known for praying on the field after games has been placed on paid administrative leave after Satanists asked to hold their own invocation at Thursday night's game.

Bremerton School District, located near Seattle, said late Thursday that coach Joe Kennedy had been placed on leave for his "refusal to comply with the District’s lawful and constitutionally required directives that he refrain from engaging in overt, public religious displays on the football field while on duty as a coach."

Kennedy had been asked not to pray on the field after games, but has continued to do so and has even threatened to sue the district.

He was placed on leave shortly after the local chapter of the Satanic Temple said it had been invited by at least one student to give an invocation on the field after the game."
Praying Football Coach Suspended After Satanists Plan Invocation

So stupid. The shit people get upset about is beyond me. My high school football coach led the team in prayer before every single game in the locker room. It was never a big deal and those that didn't believe didn't pray.

"A high school football coach known for praying on the field after games has been placed on paid administrative leave after Satanists asked to hold their own invocation at Thursday night's game.

Bremerton School District, located near Seattle, said late Thursday that coach Joe Kennedy had been placed on leave for his "refusal to comply with the District’s lawful and constitutionally required directives that he refrain from engaging in overt, public religious displays on the football field while on duty as a coach."

Kennedy had been asked not to pray on the field after games, but has continued to do so and has even threatened to sue the district.

He was placed on leave shortly after the local chapter of the Satanic Temple said it had been invited by at least one student to give an invocation on the field after the game."
I think it's funny that a student asked for the Satanists to come.

Dumbass. Everything woulda been fine up to the point school staff got into it. Longas prayers are student run, for students can be as religous as you have time for in public schools. Moment staff gets into it though it's a federal breach of the 1st Amendment.

• Banned
So stupid. The shit people get upset about is beyond me. My high school football coach led the team in prayer before every single game in the locker room. It was never a big deal and those that didn't believe didn't pray.
It might not have been a big deal to you, the point is, it's a big damn deal. In a secular society that bans the government establishment of religion that kind of crap is not allowed, period.

Seems to me...they had a cow over a Satanist prayer being possible....so ditched the coach.

Seems to me...they had a cow over a Satanist prayer being possible....so ditched the coach.
All or none, not just his God this time.

[
It might not have been a big deal to you, the point is, it's a big damn deal. In a secular society that bans the government establishment of religion that kind of crap

QUOTE="PaintMyHouse, post: 12678231, member: 47594"]In a secular society that bans the government establishment of religion
is not allowed, period.[/QUOTE]

Wonder what ever happened to
impeding the free exercise of religion?

It might not have been a big deal to you, the point is, it's a big damn deal. In a secular society that bans the government establishment of religion that kind of crap is not allowed, period.

It shouldn't really be a big deal to most people. Sometimes you just have the shrug your shoulders and say, who cares? This is one of those times for me.

Moment staff gets into it though it's a federal breach of the 1st Amendment.
That's correct. Obey the law and in this case, the administration.

President Obama didn't write the first Amendment.
Nope, the liberal founders of this secular nation did so, obey them instead.

Liberal founders? Slaves are two-thirds free men, women can't vote, oh ya, all proud liberal policies there.

It shouldn't really be a big deal to most people. Sometimes you just have the shrug your shoulders and say, who cares? This is one of those times for me.
Staff lead prayers are an attempt by staff to convert nonbelieving students. That is a state employee pushing Christianity during the execution of his duties. In the schools in particular that is not allowed.

Well unlike you, I prefer that the public schools and those who work for them obey the fucking law...

He is free to practice his faith, but not on our secular religiously-neutral dime.
Wonder what ever happened to
impeding the free exercise of religion?
He is free to practice his faith, but not on our secular religiously-neutral dime.

I thought the article said this took place after the game?

Whose 'dime' was he on?
Ours. He didn't walk out to the sidewalk to pray, it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

Forum List

Back