🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Football Coach for Christ - Out of a job

So stupid. The shit people get upset about is beyond me. My high school football coach led the team in prayer before every single game in the locker room. It was never a big deal and those that didn't believe didn't pray.
It might not have been a big deal to you, the point is, it's a big damn deal. In a secular society that bans the government establishment of religion that kind of crap is not allowed, period.

It shouldn't really be a big deal to most people. Sometimes you just have the shrug your shoulders and say, who cares? This is one of those times for me.
Staff lead prayers are an attempt by staff to convert nonbelieving students. That is a state employee pushing Christianity during the execution of his duties. In the schools in particular that is not allowed.

He was forcing students to participate?

Moment staff gets into it though it's a federal breach of the 1st Amendment.
That's correct. Obey the law and in this case, the administration.

President Obama didn't write the first Amendment.
Nope, the liberal founders of this secular nation did so, obey them instead.

Liberal founders? Slaves are two-thirds free men, women can't vote, oh ya, all proud liberal policies there.
3/5ths, and yep they were liberal, but they were still men of their times, 230 years ago.

[
He is free to practice his faith, but not on our secular religiously-neutral dime.
Wonder what ever happened to
impeding the free exercise of religion?
He is free to practice his faith, but not on our secular religiously-neutral dime.

I thought the article said this took place after the game?

Whose 'dime' was he on?
Ours. He didn't walk out to the sidewalk to pray, it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

QUOTE="PaintMyHouse, post: 12678352, member: 47594"]it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.[/QUOTE]

Really?

So, he accommodated them, did his prayer AFTER he was off the clock, and they are STILL upset?

Bye bye, American Taliban. Keep your god out of our schools, or else...

"A high school football coach known for praying on the field after games has been placed on paid administrative leave after Satanists asked to hold their own invocation at Thursday night's game.

Bremerton School District, located near Seattle, said late Thursday that coach Joe Kennedy had been placed on leave for his "refusal to comply with the District’s lawful and constitutionally required directives that he refrain from engaging in overt, public religious displays on the football field while on duty as a coach."

Kennedy had been asked not to pray on the field after games, but has continued to do so and has even threatened to sue the district.

He was placed on leave shortly after the local chapter of the Satanic Temple said it had been invited by at least one student to give an invocation on the field after the game."
Praying Football Coach Suspended After Satanists Plan Invocation

If the christians can pray on state owned property at a state run function, then satanists can do the same thing.

So stupid. The shit people get upset about is beyond me. My high school football coach led the team in prayer before every single game in the locker room. It was never a big deal and those that didn't believe didn't pray.
It might not have been a big deal to you, the point is, it's a big damn deal. In a secular society that bans the government establishment of religion that kind of crap is not allowed, period.

It shouldn't really be a big deal to most people. Sometimes you just have the shrug your shoulders and say, who cares? This is one of those times for me.
Staff lead prayers are an attempt by staff to convert nonbelieving students. That is a state employee pushing Christianity during the execution of his duties. In the schools in particular that is not allowed.

Nope. But he was attempting to use peer pressure to convert nonbelieving students, most certainly. I can picture him saying to his pastor "at my games we pray. I am bringing kids to Jesus. Imagine Johnnie the atheist. He sees all his friends bowing their heads. He wonders what's this all about? He asks his friends. He asks me, provately, about my faith. I've saved kids from Hell!"

Whose 'dime' was he on?

Now were splitting hairs. It is still a school function regardless of the game being over or not. The policy of school, whether you agree with them or not, still apply until you are literally off the grounds.

Nope. But he was attempting to use peer pressure to convert nonbelieving students, most certainly. I can picture him saying to his pastor "at my games we pray. I am bringing kids to Jesus. Imagine Johnnie the atheist. He sees all his friends bowing their heads. He wonders what's this all about? He asks his friends. He asks me, provately, about my faith. I've saved kids from Hell!"

But he was attempting to use peer pressure to convert nonbelieving students, most certainly

Proof of that, or just your biased opinion?

Whose 'dime' was he on?

Now were splitting hairs. It is still a school function regardless of the game being over or not. The policy of school, whether you agree with them or not, still apply until you are literally off the grounds.

The 'function' had ended

"Keep your god out of our schools"...except if he is Allah. While the hypocrites fire Christians for praying and expel kids for carrying a Bible they force little girls to wear burkas in role playing stunts and teach kids about the Koran. Ain't it time we took our schools back from those hypocrite anti-American fools?

It is freedom "of" religion

Not freedom "from" religion

You are going overboard paint my house.

No wonder why this country is crashing and burning.

But he was attempting to use peer pressure to convert nonbelieving students, most certainly

Opinion. And my opinion is the truth far more often than not. On my dumbest day I'm smarter than your smartest day.

Whose 'dime' was he on?

He said the prayers on state owned school property. He was paid to be there by taxpayers of Washington state.

It was on our dime and on our property.

It's not overboard at all. Obey the damn law and keep your god out of our schools.

[

Whose 'dime' was he on?
Ours. He didn't walk out to the sidewalk to pray, it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

QUOTE="PaintMyHouse, post: 12678352, member: 47594"]it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

Really?

So, he accommodated them, did his prayer AFTER he was off the clock, and they are STILL upset?[/QUOTE]

He's still on school grounds in the capacity of a teacher.

If he wants to lead prayers then he should do it off state owned property and when he's not being paid by tax dollars.

Teach the school board a lesson, ALL members of the team QUIT, and perhaps PROTEST the school....along with their parents, friends, and other religious institutions... The left does it over a chicken sandwich, I would think a Constitutional right would be worth fighting for.... remember there is NO SUCH THING as FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!

So are you asserting that Americans are free to practice a religion but they are not free to practice no religion? I can imagine you psychos requiring all Americans to prove membership in a "valid religious organization" and then slowly but surely whittling away at the list of "valid religious orhanizations" until they are all right wing fundamentalist Christian and orthodox Jewish groups.

Opinion. And my opinion is the truth far more often than not. On my dumbest day I'm smarter than your smartest day.

On my dumbest day I'm smarter than your smartest day.

another biased opinion

Teach the school board a lesson, ALL members of the team QUIT, and perhaps PROTEST the school....along with their parents, friends, and other religious institutions... The left does it over a chicken sandwich, I would think a Constitutional right would be worth fighting for.... remember there is NO SUCH THING as FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!
Do you think Americans should be required to practice a religion, then?

Fine by me. And there is freedom from the state establishment of religion, which is what he is engaging in.

Forum List

Back