🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Football Coach for Christ - Out of a job

Hope he wins his suit.
Atheist coach forces team to huddle after each game and contemplate how the very idea of a god, satan, devils, angels, ghosts and spirits is absolutely absurd.

Why not? Many of you theists suggest that atheism is just another belief system.

OR, Muslim coach benches any player if they don't pray 7 times a day.

You hope the taliban take over America? Now you see why ISIS is doing so well in the middle east. No one wants to offend god.

As long as player can OPT OUT, do it! You scumbags only want YOUR TALIBAN TERRORISM to deal with everything!
Are you more like a Sunni or Shiite?

Hope he wins his suit.
Atheist coach forces team to huddle after each game and contemplate how the very idea of a god, satan, devils, angels, ghosts and spirits is absolutely absurd.

Why not? Many of you theists suggest that atheism is just another belief system.

You hope the taliban take over America? Now you see why ISIS is doing so well in the middle east. No one wants to offend god.

As long as player can OPT OUT, do it! You scumbags only want YOUR TALIBAN TERRORISM to deal with everything!
Just as long as the Mormon coach can force their kids to pray to Joseph Smith and the Muslim coach can teach about Mohammad and I can teach about SATAN! LOL.

Just as long as the Mormon coach can force

What coach is FORCING anyone?

I thought the article said this took place after the game?

Whose 'dime' was he on?

Now were splitting hairs. It is still a school function regardless of the game being over or not. The policy of school, whether you agree with them or not, still apply until you are literally off the grounds.

The 'function' had ended

No, it hasn't. It applies until you are off school grounds. If I get into a fight with another player in the locker room I can't claim the function was over so the school rules do not apply. I would be in just as much trouble if the fight happened during the game or after. I agree that the flap over this is silly and people need to stop being so damn drama but it is still a school function.

Last edited:
Teach the school board a lesson, ALL members of the team QUIT, and perhaps PROTEST the school....along with their parents, friends, and other religious institutions... The left does it over a chicken sandwich, I would think a Constitutional right would be worth fighting for.... remember there is NO SUCH THING as FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!
Do you think Americans should be required to practice a religion, then?

No asswipe, they have the FREEDOM to participate or to sit on the sideline! You atheist scum, are a big part in what is the matter with America... Hopefully things will change, and that from an AGNOSTIC that will stand side by side with his friends of faith!

• Navy chaplain gets job back after being fired over Christian beliefs on sexuality
    LifeSiteNews ^
    WASHINGTON, D.C., October 28, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) -- A Navy chaplain who got his job back in September says he's glad to be cleared of charges -- but that dark days are ahead for Christians. “The days of going to Church on Sunday and going throughout the week and not ever having anyone talk to you, I think, [are] gone,” Lieutenant Commander Wesley Modder told The Daily Signal. “We live in a very secular society, very postmodern. And people want to know what you believe. Even at the risk of being maybe attacked.” Modder's case became a cause célèbre for social...
What business does a public school employee have separating believers from non-believers?

What do you intend to do about the atheistic menace? Ban atheism? Concentration camps? Death camps?

He doesn't asswipe, as I explained, it's up to the student! Are you REALLY this stupid, or putting on an act for your scumbag leftist friends?

All those last things sound good to me, BUT fortunately for you, I'm NOT a GOD as you scumbags want to be!
Is it really up to the student? I guess it is. The same way it was the students choices if they put Dennis Hasterts penis in their mouths and/or butts.

Teach the school board a lesson, ALL members of the team QUIT, and perhaps PROTEST the school....along with their parents, friends, and other religious institutions... The left does it over a chicken sandwich, I would think a Constitutional right would be worth fighting for.... remember there is NO SUCH THING as FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!

No asswipe, they have the FREEDOM to participate or to sit on the sideline! You atheist scum, are a big part in what is the matter with America... Hopefully things will change, and that from an AGNOSTIC that will stand side by side with his friends of faith!

• Navy chaplain gets job back after being fired over Christian beliefs on sexuality
    LifeSiteNews ^
    WASHINGTON, D.C., October 28, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) -- A Navy chaplain who got his job back in September says he's glad to be cleared of charges -- but that dark days are ahead for Christians. “The days of going to Church on Sunday and going throughout the week and not ever having anyone talk to you, I think, [are] gone,” Lieutenant Commander Wesley Modder told The Daily Signal. “We live in a very secular society, very postmodern. And people want to know what you believe. Even at the risk of being maybe attacked.” Modder's case became a cause célèbre for social...
What business does a public school employee have separating believers from non-believers?

What do you intend to do about the atheistic menace? Ban atheism? Concentration camps? Death camps?

He doesn't asswipe, as I explained, it's up to the student! Are you REALLY this stupid, or putting on an act for your scumbag leftist friends?

All those last things sound good to me, BUT fortunately for you, I'm NOT a GOD as you scumbags want to be!
You've exposed yourself for the Christian Taliban that you are, fellow "agnostic". The coach creates an environment where kids are forced to either pretend to be religious or else mark themselves as non religious by opting out. He did in fact separate the religious from the non religious in doing this.

LifeSiteNews ^

You've exposed yourself for the Christian Taliban that you are, fellow "agnostic". The coach creates an environment where kids are forced to either pretend to be religious or else mark themselves as non religious by opting out. He did in fact separate the religious from the non religious in doing this.
Bullshit!

LifeSiteNews ^

Is it really up to the student? I guess it is. The same way it was the students choices if they put Dennis Hasterts penis in their mouths and/or butts.
Proof!

Hope he wins his suit.

Just as long as the Mormon coach can force their kids to pray to Joseph Smith and the Muslim coach can teach about Mohammad and I can teach about SATAN! LOL.

How do you know how this coach treats players that don't join in? Clearly someone has a problem with this religious nut praying as a team so stop it. It's really that simple.

[
He is free to practice his faith, but not on our secular religiously-neutral dime.
He is free to practice his faith, but not on our secular religiously-neutral dime.

Whose 'dime' was he on?
Ours. He didn't walk out to the sidewalk to pray, it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

QUOTE="PaintMyHouse, post: 12678352, member: 47594"]it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

Really?

So, he accommodated them, did his prayer AFTER he was off the clock, and they are STILL upset?

He's still on school grounds in the capacity of a teacher.

If he wants to lead prayers then he should do it off state owned property and when he's not being paid by tax dollars.

That kinda goes against "impeding the free exercise of religion,", doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

The man is a public school teacher. Which means he's employed by the state. He's being paid by the state. He's on state owned taxpayer property.

If he wasn't an employee of the state and was off state owned taxpayer property he can do whatever he wants. However he's a state employee on state owned property. The constitution is very clear. Religion and state must be kept separate.

Why is that so hard for you and those like you to understand?

LifeSiteNews ^

Proof!
Dennis Hastert pleads guilty in hush money case - CNNPolitics.com

What do you think he was paying hush money for dummy?

LifeSiteNews ^

Proof!
You guys keep crying about Weiner's pecker but all he did was send a pic of it to an adult woman. But you don't seem as concerned about a pedophile among your ranks.

Weiner was so yesterday too but you guys still love to bring it up. Expect Hastert to be thrown in your face the same way Larry Craig and Mark Foley and all the other pervs in your party are thrown in your face. Such hypocrites. Now go pray to your god that he forgives your thoughts about young boys. Don't worry. You can molest children as long as you ask Jesus to forgive you. ESPECIALLY if you ask while in the middle of a football stadium full of people.

So stupid. The shit people get upset about is beyond me. My high school football coach led the team in prayer before every single game in the locker room. It was never a big deal and those that didn't believe didn't pray.
It might not have been a big deal to you, the point is, it's a big damn deal.

No, it isn't.

In a secular society that bans the government establishment of religion that kind of crap is not allowed, period.

What government was establishing religion?

Hope he wins his suit.

How do you know how this coach treats players that don't join in? Clearly someone has a problem with this religious nut praying as a team so stop it. It's really that simple.

QUOTE="sealybobo, post: 12678759, member: 11281"]How do you know how this coach treats players that don't join in?[/QUOTE]

How does he treat them?

you act like you know

Clearly someone has a problem with this religious nut praying as a team so stop it.

I remember when Freedom of religion was a Right, not a felony

[

Whose 'dime' was he on?
Ours. He didn't walk out to the sidewalk to pray, it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

QUOTE="PaintMyHouse, post: 12678352, member: 47594"]it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

Really?

So, he accommodated them, did his prayer AFTER he was off the clock, and they are STILL upset?

If he wants to lead prayers then he should do it off state owned property and when he's not being paid by tax dollars.

That kinda goes against "impeding the free exercise of religion,", doesn't it?

The man is a public school teacher. Which means he's employed by the state. He's being paid by the state. He's on state owned taxpayer property.

If he wasn't an employee of the state and was off state owned taxpayer property he can do whatever he wants. However he's a state employee on state owned property. The constitution is very clear. Religion and state must be kept separate.

Why is that so hard for you and those like you to understand?[/QUOTE]

Religion and state must be kept separate.

And the free exercise of shall not be impeded.

what is it about that, that YOU dont' understand?

[

Really?

That kinda goes against "impeding the free exercise of religion,", doesn't it?

Why is that so hard for you and those like you to understand?

Religion and state must be kept separate.

And the free exercise of shall not be impeded.

what is it about that, that YOU dont' understand?[/QUOTE]

Lmao ...where in the constitution is it very clear?

It came from Jefferson's letters and latter upheld

The phrase "separation of church and state" itself does not appear in the United States Constitution. The First Amendment states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

The phrase "separation of church and state" itself does not appear in the United States Constitution. The First Amendment states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
Fourteenth Amendment changed that. The First Amendment applies to state and local government entities as well.

Though many disagree, Supreme Court majorities determined that the establishment clause now applies to public schools.

You aren't going to be able to overturn those rulings.

Fourteenth Amendment changed that. The First Amendment applies to state and local government entities as well.

Though many disagree, Supreme Court majorities determined that the establishment clause now applies to public schools.

Uhm.... That's what I said, but no where in the constitution is it clear as you claim.

Uhm.... That's what I said, but no where in the constitution is it clear as you claim.
No, it is not clear. That's why those rulings in the 1960s were contentious. But face the facts. You aren't going to be getting them overturned any time soon. So deal with it. According to our system of government, staff leading school prayers is unconstitutional. Period.

Bye bye, American Taliban. Keep your god out of our schools, or else...

"A high school football coach known for praying on the field after games has been placed on paid administrative leave after Satanists asked to hold their own invocation at Thursday night's game.

Bremerton School District, located near Seattle, said late Thursday that coach Joe Kennedy had been placed on leave for his "refusal to comply with the District’s lawful and constitutionally required directives that he refrain from engaging in overt, public religious displays on the football field while on duty as a coach."

Kennedy had been asked not to pray on the field after games, but has continued to do so and has even threatened to sue the district.

He was placed on leave shortly after the local chapter of the Satanic Temple said it had been invited by at least one student to give an invocation on the field after the game."
Praying Football Coach Suspended After Satanists Plan Invocation
Seems to me...they had a cow over a Satanist prayer being possible....so ditched the coach.
All or none, not just his God this time.
Like what happened with the 10 Commandment monument in Oklahoma...as soon as they planned to put a Satanist statue up, suddenly they got rid of it.

QUOTE="sealybobo, post: 12678759, member: 11281"]How do you know how this coach treats players that don't join in?

How does he treat them?

you act like you know

Clearly someone has a problem with this religious nut praying as a team so stop it.

I remember when Freedom of religion was a Right, not a felony[/QUOTE]
Not in a public school. In school we give freedom from religion. The school and its representatives will not force their fairytales onto their students.

Forum List

Back