🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Football Coach for Christ - Out of a job

No, but he created an environment respecting the establishment of religion. Those who did not wish to practice a religion compatible with his religion were forced to separate themselves from their coach and team.

If he wants to lead prayers, he should coach at a private school, not a public school. Coaches should not lead prayers at public universities either.

Want to pray at public school, form an extracurricular prayer group that is 3xplicitly that. Hard core ACLUers would object, but I would not.

No, but he created an environment respecting the establishment of religion. Those who did not wish to practice a religion compatible with his religion were forced to separate themselves from their coach and team.

Hilarious
No, you are. What business has a public school coach separate his team into a section that is compatible with his religion, and a portion that is not? The only reason he would do that is so that he can spread his brand of Christianity to nonbelievers in the school, which is not allowed.

Where did you get the idea he separated them?

He was alone, having a private moment, and students joined him.

He didn't force them, he didn't coerce them, he didn't ask them to join him.

He was alone. It was after the game and some players joined him.
That is not how this started. He was leading prayers in the pregame team meetings and was told to knock it off.

and he did, didn't he?

He opted to have his prayer after the game, by himself.

Hilarious
No, you are. What business has a public school coach separate his team into a section that is compatible with his religion, and a portion that is not? The only reason he would do that is so that he can spread his brand of Christianity to nonbelievers in the school, which is not allowed.

That is not how this started. He was leading prayers in the pregame team meetings and was told to knock it off.

and he did, didn't he?

Still not allowed and also not how Jesus taught the faithful to pray, which is not in the middle of a public high school football field on our dime,

and he did, didn't he?

Still not allowed and also not how Jesus taught the faithful to pray, which is not in the middle of a public high school football field on our dime,

NOt how Jesus taught the faithful to pray?

Been a long time since I've seen a Bible, much less read one, but I seem to remember him doing a lot of praying in public.

Sermon on the Mount.
while he was on the Cross,
etc

You plan on bringing up one or two incidents where it says to pray in private, and ignore the rest?

and he did, didn't he?

Been a long time since I've seen a Bible, much less read one, but I seem to remember him doing a lot of praying in public.

Sermon on the Mount.
etc

You plan on bringing up one or two incidents where it says to pray in private, and ignore the rest?
No, he went off to pray alone, just as he taught the faithful. You really don't know the faith at all.

and he did, didn't he?

Sermon on the Mount.
etc

No, he went off to pray alone, just as he taught the faithful. You really don't know the faith at all.

I know he prayed, and sermonized, quite a bit in public.

Possibly the best known prayer in the world, the Lords Prayer, according to google, was part of the Sermon on the Mount.

Was he alone when he intoned that prayer?

and he did, didn't he?

Sermon on the Mount.
etc

Jesus prayed in a garden. He prayed in a desert. He would have prayed on a football field. It was on no one's dime.

Teach the school board a lesson, ALL members of the team QUIT, and perhaps PROTEST the school....along with their parents, friends, and other religious institutions... The left does it over a chicken sandwich, I would think a Constitutional right would be worth fighting for.... remember there is NO SUCH THING as FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!
Do you think Americans should be required to practice a religion, then?

No asswipe, they have the FREEDOM to participate or to sit on the sideline! You atheist scum, are a big part in what is the matter with America... Hopefully things will change, and that from an AGNOSTIC that will stand side by side with his friends of faith!

• Navy chaplain gets job back after being fired over Christian beliefs on sexuality
    LifeSiteNews ^
    WASHINGTON, D.C., October 28, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) -- A Navy chaplain who got his job back in September says he's glad to be cleared of charges -- but that dark days are ahead for Christians. “The days of going to Church on Sunday and going throughout the week and not ever having anyone talk to you, I think, [are] gone,” Lieutenant Commander Wesley Modder told The Daily Signal. “We live in a very secular society, very postmodern. And people want to know what you believe. Even at the risk of being maybe attacked.” Modder's case became a cause célèbre for social...
So...you admit that the football team members have to participate in a prayer or get benched. That is religion by coercion.....how's that for faith?

"Keep your god out of our schools"...except if he is Allah. While the hypocrites fire Christians for praying and expel kids for carrying a Bible they force little girls to wear burkas in role playing stunts and teach kids about the Koran. Ain't it time we took our schools back from those hypocrite anti-American fools?
I'd be having a cow if the coach wanted his team to face Mecca and pray to Allah before each game.....absolutely!
You don't have to join him. Just be worried when the holy war starts, he will know who's an infidel and who is not based on who kneels and prays along side of him.

I can't wait for the first mostly muslim highschool in Dearborn, MI to have 90% of the students kneel and pray to Mecca and see how Christians shit themselves over it.

They don't see that their religion is just as dumb as every other religions. us atheists don't want to be rude so we wish they would just keep that shit in their home, head or church. No need to do it on the football field. God didn't help you win.

If all Muslims did was kneel, bow to Mecca, and worship their false god, no one would care.

It's the 1400 year history of slaughter, rape, slavery, murder, and terrorism that accompanies Islam that most people are afraid of.

[
Ours. He didn't walk out to the sidewalk to pray, it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

QUOTE="PaintMyHouse, post: 12678352, member: 47594"]it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

Really?

So, he accommodated them, did his prayer AFTER he was off the clock, and they are STILL upset?

He's still on school grounds in the capacity of a teacher.

If he wants to lead prayers then he should do it off state owned property and when he's not being paid by tax dollars.

That kinda goes against "impeding the free exercise of religion,", doesn't it?
You keep forgetting the establishment of religion part. Cout's have ruled that's no longer just about Congress.

You keep forgetting the establishment of religion part.

Nope, haven't forgot it at all.

But I dont'; see where the coach is 'establishing' a religion.

He's merely taking advantage of his freedom of religion[/QUOTE]
Nothing stopping that coach from praying by himself. But when he starts gathering his team and having them pray....are they allowed to pick the prayer? Do they all get an input on what god/goddess is being prayed to? Or is it the authority figure who always calls the shots?

[
QUOTE="PaintMyHouse, post: 12678352, member: 47594"]it was the middle of the field and this was after he used to lead them in prayer at the pregame team meeting.

Really?

So, he accommodated them, did his prayer AFTER he was off the clock, and they are STILL upset?

If he wants to lead prayers then he should do it off state owned property and when he's not being paid by tax dollars.

You keep forgetting the establishment of religion part. Cout's have ruled that's no longer just about Congress.

He's merely taking advantage of his freedom of religion
Nothing stopping that coach from praying by himself. But when he starts gathering his team and having them pray....are they allowed to pick the prayer? Do they all get an input on what god/goddess is being prayed to? Or is it the authority figure who always calls the shots?[/QUOTE]

Nothing stopping that coach from praying by himself

Which he was doing.

But when he starts gathering his team and having them pray....are they allowed to pick the prayer

He didn't 'gather' the team.

They stayed after the game, and joined him in prayer of their own accord.

[

Really?

Nothing stopping that coach from praying by himself. But when he starts gathering his team and having them pray....are they allowed to pick the prayer? Do they all get an input on what god/goddess is being prayed to? Or is it the authority figure who always calls the shots?[/QUOTE]
He didn't gather the team. After the game some team members chose to join him which is the real complaint. That choice has to be taken away.

Really?

Nothing stopping that coach from praying by himself. But when he starts gathering his team and having them pray....are they allowed to pick the prayer? Do they all get an input on what god/goddess is being prayed to? Or is it the authority figure who always calls the shots?
He didn't gather the team. After the game some team members chose to join him which is the real complaint. That choice has to be taken away.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like that choice was taken away when a student wanted a Satanist praying. Hmmmmmmm

He didn't gather the team. After the game some team members chose to join him which is the real complaint. That choice has to be taken away.
Sounds like that choice was taken away when a student wanted a Satanist praying. Hmmmmmmm[/QUOTE]
There was really nothing preventing a satanist from going out on the field and praying to satan.

So stupid. The shit people get upset about is beyond me. My high school football coach led the team in prayer before every single game in the locker room. It was never a big deal and those that didn't believe didn't pray.
It might not have been a big deal to you, the point is, it's a big damn deal. In a secular society that bans the government establishment of religion that kind of crap is not allowed, period.
Freedom of Religion, not freedom from religion

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lots of highspanic baseball players out there thanking god every time they do something successful on the field. Lots of bruthas do the same in football, too.
They're in big trouble now. But they're minorities. Let's see how consistently this effort is applied.

I heard about this earlier in the week. If you don't like what another person is up to, where is it written that you have to do it as well? Oh yeah yee haw, that is right. Absolutely no where. If people do not want to pray like that man does, they do not have to!!! If you do not want your rights to be messed with, don't go messing with anyone else's rights!!!

God bless you and that man always!!!

Holly

"Keep your god out of our schools"...except if he is Allah. While the hypocrites fire Christians for praying and expel kids for carrying a Bible they force little girls to wear burkas in role playing stunts and teach kids about the Koran. Ain't it time we took our schools back from those hypocrite anti-American fools?
I'd be having a cow if the coach wanted his team to face Mecca and pray to Allah before each game.....absolutely!
You don't have to join him. Just be worried when the holy war starts, he will know who's an infidel and who is not based on who kneels and prays along side of him.

I can't wait for the first mostly muslim highschool in Dearborn, MI to have 90% of the students kneel and pray to Mecca and see how Christians shit themselves over it.

They don't see that their religion is just as dumb as every other religions. us atheists don't want to be rude so we wish they would just keep that shit in their home, head or church. No need to do it on the football field. God didn't help you win.

If all Muslims did was kneel, bow to Mecca, and worship their false god, no one would care.

It's the 1400 year history of slaughter, rape, slavery, murder, and terrorism that accompanies Islam that most people are afraid of.
That's not what annoys white Americans living in and around Dearborn. Muslims are annoying and want to force their ways on the rest of us.

I don't want their ways any more than I want your ways forced on us.

Forum List

Back