🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Football Coach for Christ - Out of a job

It's no longer necessary to pray, or even get down on one knee. Merely a second of pointing skyward is enough for punishment. In a year merely looking up will be too Christian to tolerate.

High school football player penalized for pointing to sky after touchdown
That player pointing to the sky: He may be asking God if God loves the player as much as the player loves himself. It`s possible.
He could have been saying "it's Superman." The boy was suspended for silently pointing to the sky. How long before merely looking at the sky is prohibited?"

That is not how this started. He was leading prayers in the pregame team meetings and was told to knock it off.

and he did, didn't he?

He opted to have his prayer after the game, by himself.
Still not allowed and also not how Jesus taught the faithful to pray, which is not in the middle of a public high school football field on our dime,

NOt how Jesus taught the faithful to pray?

Been a long time since I've seen a Bible, much less read one, but I seem to remember him doing a lot of praying in public.

Sermon on the Mount.
while he was on the Cross,
etc

You plan on bringing up one or two incidents where it says to pray in private, and ignore the rest?
No, he went off to pray alone, just as he taught the faithful. You really don't know the faith at all.

I know he prayed, and sermonized, quite a bit in public.

Possibly the best known prayer in the world, the Lords Prayer, according to google, was part of the Sermon on the Mount.

Was he alone when he intoned that prayer?
Jesus was teaching them how to pray, not holding a group prayer. Praying is done in private, and you desperately need to reread Matthew, Mark, and Luke. Forget John, it's crap.

Matthew 6 Parallel Chapters

5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

He was alone. It was after the game and some players joined him.
That is not how this started. He was leading prayers in the pregame team meetings and was told to knock it off.

and he did, didn't he?

Still not allowed and also not how Jesus taught the faithful to pray, which is not in the middle of a public high school football field on our dime,

Been a long time since I've seen a Bible, much less read one, but I seem to remember him doing a lot of praying in public.

Sermon on the Mount.
etc

You plan on bringing up one or two incidents where it says to pray in private, and ignore the rest?
Jesus prayed in a garden. He prayed in a desert. He would have prayed on a football field. It was on no one's dime.
He prayed alone, and unseen.

Jesus Prays on the Mount of Olives
39And He came out and proceeded as was His custom to the Mount of Olives; and the disciples also followed Him. 40When He arrived at the place, He said to them, "Pray that you may not enter into temptation." 41And He withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and began to pray,…

and he did, didn't he?

Sermon on the Mount.
etc

Jesus prayed in a garden. He prayed in a desert. He would have prayed on a football field. It was on no one's dime.

39And He came out and proceeded as was His custom to the Mount of Olives; and the disciples also followed Him. 40When He arrived at the place, He said to them, "Pray that you may not enter into temptation." 41And He withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and began to pray,…

And He withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and began to pray,…

Sounds like what he was doing, and then the students joined him.

and he did, didn't he?

Sermon on the Mount.
etc

And He withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and began to pray,…

He is disobeying Jesus, and the people he works for who told him to knock it off along with the group pregame prayers, also against the teachings of Jesus.

Whoever gathers in my nane, there I will be.

The man prayed alone. Some of the team joined him.

Fucking cowards shouldn't even have an opinion.

Sermon on the Mount.
etc

He is disobeying Jesus, and the people he works for who told him to knock it off along with the group pregame prayers, also against the teachings of Jesus.

Luke 9:18
Luke 9:28
Luke 22:39
Acts 1:14

Sermon on the Mount.
etc

As I said, Jesus prayed alone, as all are supposed to.

The school should just announce that the state will now enforce religious law, as they see it to be. Now the coach is a heretic!

That was almost too easy.

Not according to the links I posted.

and, in case you missed it, the coach was praying alone, until, of their own volition, some students joined him.

Not according to the links I posted.

and, in case you missed it, the coach was praying alone, until, of their own volition, some students joined him.
The links you posted showed Jesus prayed alone. Read the fucking bible.

Sermon on the Mount.
etc

18 Once when Jesus was praying in private and his disciples were with him, he asked them, “Who do the crowds say I am?”

About eight days after Jesus said this, he took Peter, John and James with him and went up onto a mountain to pray.

Jesus Prays on the Mount of
39 Jesus went out as to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him.

They all joined together constantly in prayer along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers

18 Once when Jesus was praying in private and his disciples were with him, he asked them, “Who do the crowds say I am?”

About eight days after Jesus said this, he took Peter, John and James with him and went up onto a mountain to pray.

They all joined together constantly in prayer along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers
NOT alone in ANY of those links

Always alone when praying. Read the goddamned bible.

"Praying Football Coach Suspended After Satanists Plan Invocation"

This is comprehensively ridiculous.

Christian or 'Satanist,' neither has any place in school events, including after football games.

I googled it.

Doesn't your Bible have Luke or Acts in it?

Don't you have a search button?

If I had posted it in Greek, hieroglyphics, you might have an excuse.

But I posted it in English.

You have NO excuse for maintaining your ignorance

I googled it.

Dumbass, Jesus is always alone when praying. It is not a group or a public activity. He taught just that.

I googled it.

Dumbass, Jesus is always alone when praying. It is not a group or public activity.

The links prove you wrong

and its time for a vacation for you.

Bye bye, American Taliban. Keep your god out of our schools, or else...

"A high school football coach known for praying on the field after games has been placed on paid administrative leave after Satanists asked to hold their own invocation at Thursday night's game.

Bremerton School District, located near Seattle, said late Thursday that coach Joe Kennedy had been placed on leave for his "refusal to comply with the District’s lawful and constitutionally required directives that he refrain from engaging in overt, public religious displays on the football field while on duty as a coach."

Kennedy had been asked not to pray on the field after games, but has continued to do so and has even threatened to sue the district.

He was placed on leave shortly after the local chapter of the Satanic Temple said it had been invited by at least one student to give an invocation on the field after the game."
Praying Football Coach Suspended After Satanists Plan Invocation

Maybe baby jesus will give him a job

Forum List

Back